Tailored Repair Options for CAT® Machines
As a Cat machine owner, you know the engine and drive train are critical to productivity and have a major impact on ownership and operating costs. Making sure they are working at peak performance is important not only to your equipment, but to your entire operation.
Call 866-292-7736 or contact us online about our tailored repair options.
Cat Machines Qualified for Tailored Repairs
980H/K Wheel Loaders
Download the 980H/K Differential Repair Options Brochure
Download the 980H/K Engine Repair Options Brochure
Download the 980H/K Transmission Repair Options Brochure
140H Motor Graders
Download the 140H Diff Bevel Gear Repair Options Brochure
Download the 140H Transmission Repair Options Brochure
D6R and D6T Dozers
Download the D6R/T Engine Repair Options Brochure
Download the D6R/T Final Drive Repair Options Brochure
Tailored repair options: What are they and why are they important?
Tailored repairs are developed based on your specific equipment needs and unique business circumstances. You can get a lot of life out of your genuine Cat parts as they are built to be rebuilt. By taking advantage of their reusability, you can maximize the life and value of your machines.
We will walk you through a series of questions to determine four factors which will help you decide on a repair option: length of ownership, utilization, affordability and turnaround time. From there you can make an informed decision based on what’s best for your business.
It’s important to repair components before they fail because repairing them after failure can cost anywhere from two to three times more. Click below to learn more about rebuilding vs replacing your equipment.
REBUILDING VS. REPLACING YOUR EQUIPMENT
Repair Options Levels
Level 1: Minor Overhaul
- Includes bearings, seals and gaskets
- Assumes all multiple-life parts meet Caterpillar reuse guidelines
- Excludes external parts, including injectors, turbos, exhaust, electrical, electronics and accessories
Level 2: Major Overhaul
- Includes all Level 1 parts
- Reconditions or replaces other critical parts not meeting Caterpillar reuse guidelines
- Customer can specify additional parts or accessories
Level 3: Dealer Rebuild
- Complete rebuild including all Level 1 parts
- All multiple-life parts are inspected and reconditioned, replaced or reused according to Caterpillar salvage and reuse guidelines
- Includes Dealer Exchange and Certified Machine Component Rebuilds (CMCR)
Level 4: Reman
- Complete component exchange with Cat Reman factory remanufactured component
- Core charge refund based on condition of core
- Offers same warranty and durability as a new component
Level 5: New
- Complete component replacement with factory new Cat component
- No core required
- Note: In certain cases, U.S. environmental laws require the return (and destruction) of old engines