S·O·S℠ Fluid Analysis
Identify Minor Issues Before They Require Major Repairs
Proper fluid maintenance is imperative to keep machines and engines operating at peak performance. S·O·S℠ fluid analysis from Warren CAT provides a reliable means for early detection of potential problem areas.
By monitoring equipment throughout its lifecycle, S·O·S℠ fluid analysis helps to identify minor issues before they grow into major repairs, thereby optimizing performance, maximizing productivity, protecting valuable equipment, reducing operating costs and increasing resale values.
Sophisticated Analytical Technology is the Key
Using state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated analytical technology, our experienced technicians test oil, coolant and fuel samples collected at regularly scheduled intervals. You’ll receive clear, concise and timely reports consisting of careful interpretations and precise recommendations by our Cat certified interpreters. Download this “Understanding Your Results” document to learn more about your S·O·S℠ fluid analysis results. We can answer any questions you have, discuss report specifics, and help develop an S·O·S℠ fluid analysis plan uniquely suited to your operations.
Warren CAT Sampling
Contact your local Warren CAT Parts Department for purchasing.
- Oil Testing, with elemental analysis, oil condition check, viscosity, particle count for cleanliness, physical testing to identify water, and analytical testing to quantify fuel and coolant contamination.
Kit: Oil Sample / Part #: OILSMPL1
- Level 1 Testing, for frequent monitoring provides pH, glycol %, freeze point, boil point, total hardness, conductivity, and visual inspection for presence of oil, odor, foam and solids.
Kit: Coolant Level 1 / Part #: COOL1
- Level 2 Testing, for advanced testing including all the Level 1 tests plus chemical composition analysis to provide an in-depth view of coolant condition.
Kit: Coolant Level 2 / Part #: COOL2
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
- DEF Testing, using an oil sampling kit, conform urea content and identify hydrocarbon contamination.
Kit: Diesel Exhaust Fluid / Part #OILSMPL1
- Fuel 1, Basic fuel testing provides biodiesel content, elemental analysis, Karl Fischer water, microbial growth, particle count, sulfur content and visual inspection.
Kit: Basic Fuel / Part #: FS1
- Fuel 2, Fuel Monitoring can help identify diesel contamination such as gasoline with color, density, distillation curve, cetane index, and viscosity while still providing biodiesel content, elemental analysis, Karl Fischer water, microbial growth, particle count, sulfur content, visual inspection.
Kit: Fuel Monitoring / Part #: FS56
- Fuel 3, Fuel Storage provides long term storage parameters such as clear and bright, flash point, and oxidation stability as well as biodiesel content, elemental analysis, Karl Fischer water, microbial growth, particle count, sulfur content, visual inspection, cetane index, color, density, distillation curve, viscosity.
Kit: Fuel Storage / Part #: FS57
- Cold Test, an add-on test to any fuel kit when cold temperatures are a concern providing the pour point, cloud point, cold filter plugging point of the fuel.
Kit: Cold Test* / Part #: COLDTEST (*Cannot be purchased without a fuel kit)
Benefits of S·O·S℠ Fluid Analysis
The S·O·S℠ fluid analysis provided by Warren CAT is one of the most important maintenance support programs available to machine owners because it:
- Detects problems early, so they can be repaired before becoming major failures
- Monitors positive as well as negative performance, so you won’t pay for component repair prematurely
- Allows you to monitor maintenance schedules to verify routine maintenance has been performed
- Enables you to better manage budgets and project timelines by predicting repairs, downtime and equipment life
- Helps develop a complete service history for each machine, which is valuable insight for evaluating performance, planning replacement purchases and commanding higher prices at trade-in or sale