solutions for this challenge. Engines are designed to run on low to no-cost well site gas without sacrificing on performance. These generator sets allow customers to significantly reduce fuel cost and avoid the expense and logistics of diesel fuel deliveries. Plus, they are designed to withstand the harsh conditions in the oilfield and feature a heavy-duty construction ideal for loading and unloading operations.Cat generator sets are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty.
- Emissions/Fuel Strategy
- U.S. EPA Large S.I. Tier 2 / Non-Road Mobile Certified
- Engine Control and Protection
- Electronic (ADEM 4)
- Generator Set Control
- EMCP 4 Control Panels
- Frequency - Speed
- 60 Hz
- Fuel System
- Electronic Fuel Control Valve
- Compression Ratio
Cat® Natural Gas Engine
U.S. EPA Large S.I. Tier 2* Certification / Non-Road Mobile Certified. Robust 20 cylinder high speed block design provides prolonged life and lower owning and operating costs.Designed for maximum performance on low pressure gaseous fuel supply
Generator Set Package
Conforms to ISO 8528-5 G2 load acceptance criteria. Reliability verified through torsional vibration, fuel consumption, oil consumption, transient performance, and endurance testing.
Superior motor starting capability minimizes need for oversizing generator. Designed to match performance and output characteristics of Cat engines.
Operational radiator available to operate in ambient temperatures up to 43°C (110°F). Package tested to ensure proper cooling of complete generator set.
EMCP 4 Control Panels
User-friendly interface and navigation. Scalable system to meet a wide range of installation requirements. Expansion modules and site specific programing for specific customer requirements.
- Air Inlet System
- Two single-stage air-cleaners with differential pressure sensors
- Control System
- Remote mounted Electronic Modular Control Panel 4.3 (EMCP 4.3)
- Cooling System
- Aftercooler water pump, gear driven, centrifugal, non-self-priming, Thermostats and housing (full open temperature 98 C (208 F)).
- Jacket water pump, gear driven, centrifugal, non-self-priming.
- Jacket Water Outlet - Installed LH Flange Connection
- Exhaust System
- Flywheel; SAE No. 21
- Flywheel housing; SAE No. 00
- SAE standard rotation
- Fuel System
- Standard Pressure Gas Train, NFPA 37
- Paint - Caterpillar Yellow except rails Gloss Black rails.
- Generator - PM excited SR5 generator with space heater Form wound VPI copper RTDs and Caterpillar's Digital Voltage Regulator (CDVR).
- No Extension Box.
- Governing System
- ADEM A4 speed governor with 4 to 20 ma (0V to 5V) speed input.
- Ignition System
- Adem IV (includes detonation sensitive timing)
- EMCP 4.3 provides power metering, protective relaying, enhanced engine monitoring and Modbus Communications as standard plus an 8-line graphical screen, additional I/O, and Ethernet (Modbus TCP).
- Kit, Serialized Technical Media Includes Operation & Maintenance manual (in language of choice), Parts book on Compact Disc (English only) and other required technical documents. One group shipped free of charge with each engine. Any additional media or translations not included in the literature kit, should be ordered through the CSS Media Online Ordering Site
- Lube System
- Prelube Pump
- Crankcase Breather
- Oil Cooler
- Simplex Oil Filter
- Standard Oil Pan (Shallow)
- Oil drain lines and valve
- No Lubricating Oil
- Mounting System
- Base; engine-generator mounting
- Starting System
- Triple Electric Starter
- 208V Single Jacket Water Heater
- Protection System
- Detonation shutdown
- Charging System
- No Charging Alternator provided
- Control System
- Remote mounted Electronic Modular Control Panel 4.4 (EMCP 4.4)