Cat® C7.1 ACERT™ Diesel Engine
deliver the low operating costs and legendary Cat reliability and durability that give you a powerful advantage. More importantly, they're backed by the world-class Cat dealer network ready to service and support every Cat industrial engine. Industries and applications powered by C7.1 engines include: Agriculture, Ag Tractors, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Combines/Harvesters, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Feller Bunchers, Forestry, Forklifts, General Industrial, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Skidders, Specialty Ag Equipment, Sprayers, Trenchers and Underground Mining Equipment. Cat® C7.1 Industrial Diesel Engines, with ratings: 129-225 bkW (172-301.8 bhp) @ 2200 rpm, meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V emission standards. This information about Emissions describes the particular rating's emissions technology. For more information about emissions certification, please contact your local Cat dealer.
- Maximum Power
- Maximum Torque
- 935lb-ft @ 1400 rpm
- Rated Speed
- 2200 rpm
- Minimum Power
- U.S. EPA & CARB Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V
- Engine Configuration
- In-Line 6
- Compression Ratio
- Turbocharged-Aftercooled (TA) or Series Turbocharged Aftercooled (TTA)
- Combustion System
- Direct Injection
- Rotation from Flywheel End
Engine Dimensions - Approximate
- Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
Boasting one of Caterpillar's most modular engine designs to date, the Cat C7.1 also features an engine-mounted aftertreatment that saves OEMs valuable time and space when installing into a wide variety of machines—especially industrial and construction applications. OEMs also enjoy a 20% length, 5% height and 40% weight reduction when downsizing from 9-liter platforms.
The Cat C7.1 uses passive regeneration technology, so operators can continue to perform their toughest tasks, in the most severe environments, without having to wait on the engine.
Industrial, agricultural and construction applications such as: Pumps • Compressors • Chippers • Grinders • Asphalt paving equipment • Hydraulic power units • Bore rigs • Drill rigs • Tractors
Total Cost of Ownership
The benefits to downsizing are many, including an 18% decrease in overall fuel consumption when downsizing from a 6-cylinder engine. With an added 3-4% decrease in overall DEF consumption and EGR integration, the cost savings don't take long to add up.
Cat Dealer Product Support
Scheduled maintenance, included warranty, reliable dealer service and a comprehensive global dealer support network—it’s all standard with the Cat C7.1. See your Cat dealer for details.
Validated with thousands of hours of field testing, the Cat C7.1 is built to meet Caterpillar's strict safety standards and customers' most demanding work sites throughout the world.
- Air Inlet
- Standard air cleaners
- Control System
- Full electronic control system, all connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flexible and configurable software features and well-supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Cooling System
- Top tank temperature 108° C (226° F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size
- 50:50 water glycol mix
- Guidance on cooling system design available through your dealer to ensure equipment reliability
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, including SAE No. 1, SAE No. 2, and SAE No. 3 configurations
- Fuel System
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- Innovative filter design to ensure maximum protection of the engine
- Lube System
- Wide choice of sumps for different applications
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available on request
- U.s. Epa Tier 4 Final, Eu Stage V, Japan 2014 (tier 4 Final) Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Clean Emissions Module (CEM), consisting of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- NOx Reduction System (NRS)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- 3" flex pipe connection with straight, 45°, and 90° options for flexibility