Cat® C4.4 Diesel Engine
The Cat® C4.4 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 61.5-106 bkW (74.5-100 bhp) @ 2200 rpm. These ratings meet EPA Tier 3 equivalent, EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C4.4 engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Feller Bunchers, Forestry, Forklifts, General Industrial, Harvesters, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Skidders, Specialty Ag Equipment, Sprayers, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping and Underground Mining Equipment.
- Maximum Power
- Maximum Torque
- 411.2lb-ft @ 1400 rpm
- Rated Speed
- 2200 rpm
- Minimum Power
- China Nonroad Stage III, Brazil MAR-1, UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA
Engine Dimensions - Approximate
- Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
- Engine Configuration
- Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
- Compression Ratio
- Turbocharged (T) or Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)
- Combustion System
- Direct Injection
- Rotation from Flywheel End
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & Oil
Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments. Multiple installation options minimize total package size.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Air Inlet System
- Inlet manifold with choice of inlets.
- Control System
- Starter motor
- Glow plug starting aid
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- SAE No. 3 flywheel housing
- Flywheel and starter rings
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter positions
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters and breathers
- Oil filter positions
- Lube oil sump
- Power Take Off
- SAE B Power Take Off (PTO)
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- Timing case and gear-driven auxiliaries
- Belt-driven auxiliaries
- Engine mountings
- Power and torque curve tailoring