Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Industrial Power Unit
The Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Industrial Power Unit is offered in ratings ranging from 74.5-129.4 bkW (100-173.5 bhp) @ 2200 rpm, which meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV emission standards. Tier 4 Interim Equivalent and Stage IIIB Equivalent ratings are also available using Flex options. Conveniently pre-configured for a wide range of applications, the Cat® Industrial Power Unit is a complete power package containing a radiator, flywheel, alternator and alternator wiring completely pre-assembled for fast, straightforward installation in a number of OEM, customer and packager applications. These fuel efficient units are ready made for irrigation, industrial, mining and other pump applications.
- Minimum Power
- Maximum Power
- Rated Speed
- 2200 rpm
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV
- Engine Configuration
- Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
- 105 mm (4.1 in)
- 127 mm (5.0 in)
- 4.4 L (268.5 in³)
- Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA) or Twin Turbocharged Aftercooled (TTA)
- Compression Ratio
- Rotation from Flywheel End
- Cooling System - Capacity
- 9-9.4 L (8.2-8.5 qt)
- Lube System - Refill
- 5.2-13.5 L (5.5-14.27 qt)
Power Unit Dimensions - Approximate
- 1433 mm (56.4 in)
- 795-820 mm (31.3-32.3 in)
- 1126-1150 mm (44.3-45.3 in)
- Weight - Approximate, Net Dry - Standard Configuration Without Oil, Cooling, Clutch, Compressor, A/C
- 670-700 kg (1477-1543 lb)
Aftertreatment Dimensions - Approximate
- 244.9-270.3 mm (9.6-10.6 in)
- 365-695 mm (14.3-27.4 in)
- 279-430 mm (11-16.9 in)
- 34-80 kg (75-176.4 lb)
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Series turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & Oil
Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments. Multiple installation options minimize total package size.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
Tier 4 Final, Stage IV Aftertreatment Features
Regeneration. The DOC/SCR modular design offers a simple, compact package while providing high levels of performance. A DOC/DPF/SCR option is available for higher power machines. While in use, both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems offer transparent operation to the user.
Mounting. Extensive range of inlets and outlets, as well as remote and on-engine installations, provide flexibility for many installations.
Service. Both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems are service-free for the emissions life of the engine.