Cat® C2.2 Diesel Engine
The Cat® C2.2 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 31-49.3 bkW (41.6-66.1 bhp) @ 2200-3000 rpm. These ratings meet EU Stage IIIA (U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim equivalent) emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C2.2 engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, General Industrial, Irrigation Equipment, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Light Towers, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping, Underground Mining Equipment and Welders.
- Maximum Power
- Maximum Torque
- 153lb-ft @ 1800 rpm
- Rated Speed
- 2200-3000 rpm
- Minimum Power
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim Equivalent
Engine Dimensions - Approximate
- Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
- Engine Configuration
- Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
- Compression Ratio
- Naturally Aspirated (NA), Turbocharged (T) or Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)
- Combustion System
- Indirect Injection
- Rotation from Flywheel End
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Substantial torque rise delivers impressive performance throughout a wide speed range while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Ultra-compact package size ensures ease of installation as well as exceptional power density.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Air Inlet System
- Inlet manifold with choice of inlets.
- Control System
- Alternator 12 volt 65 amp
- Starter motor 12 volt
- Glow plug starting aid
- Cooling System
- Belt-driven coolant pump
- Coolant temperature switch
- Choice of cooling fans
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- SAE No. 7 1/2, SAE No. 8 or SAE No. 10 flywheel
- Choice of SAE No. 4 or standard backplate flywheel housing
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection pump
- Spin-on fuel filter
- Electronic Shut-off Solenoid (ESOS)
- Lube System
- Alternative oil fillers
- Spin-on lube oil filter
- Lube oil pressure switch
- Lube oil sump
- Cast iron, engine block
- Cast iron exhaust manifold--side outlet
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F)
- Gradeability 35° continuous
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request