Cat® C1.1 Diesel Engine
The Cat® C1.1 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 14.4-18.4 bkW (19.3-24.7 bhp) @ 1800-2800 rpm. These ratings meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards. Ratings: 13.7-21.0 bkW (18.4-28.2 bhp) @ 2200-3000 rpm are also available for Europe and, depending on applicable emission standards, may be introduced in other regulated areas. Nonroad engines less than 19 kW (25 hp) are not currently subject to EU emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C1.1 engines include: Aircraft Ground Support, Auxiliary Power Units, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Construction, Forestry, General Industrial, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Light Towers, Pumps, Trenchers, Underground Mining Equipment.
- Maximum Power
- Maximum Torque
- 66lb-ft @ 1600 rpm
- Rated Speed
- 2200-3400 rpm
- Minimum Power
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V
- Engine Configuration
- In-Line 3
- Compression Ratio
- Naturally Aspirated (NA)
- Combustion System
- Indirect Injection
- Rotation from Flywheel End
Engine Dimensions - Approximate
- Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Delivers impressive performance throughout a wide speed range while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
Ultra-compact package size ensures ease of installation as well as exceptional power density.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Air Inlet System
- Inlet manifold with choice of inlets.
- Control System
- Alternator 12 volt 65 amp
- Starter motor 12 volt
- Glow plug starting aid
- Cooling System
- Belt-driven coolant pump
- Coolant temperature switch
- Flywheel And Flywheel Housing
- SAE No. 6 1/2 flywheel
- Choice of SAE No. 5 or standard backplate flywheel housing
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final: Standard backplate flywheel housing and flatface flywheel
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection pump
- Spin-on fuel filter
- Lube System
- Low profile oil pan
- Spin-on lube oil filter
- Lube oil pressure switch
- Power Take Off (pto)
- Provision for Power Take Off (PTO)
- Cast iron, engine block
- Cast iron exhaust manifold--side outlet
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F)
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request