Power Grid Stabilization (PGS) Heavy Duty mobile module
the renewable source is not available or virtual spinning reserve to optimize generator sets efficiency. This system provides temporary backup power to facilities in the event of a power outage.
- Transient Assist
- Module Type
- Heavy Duty mobile Grid Stabilization
- Rated Power
- 840-1260 kW
Reliable, Scalable and Mobile
- Pre-engineered mobile containeron trailer with batteries, inverter, isolation transformer and other equipment installed.
- Multiple energy storage systems may be paralleled up to 100+MW
Factory prepackaged and tested
- Designed to work with an array of renewable systems, including solar and wind
- Seamless integration with Cat Microgrid Master Controller (MMC) allows for maximum renewable penetration and full asset control
- Decrease the transient voltage and frequency dips resulting from the application of large loads.
- Enables highly-efficient lean-burn gas gensets to operate in island mode.
When used with a generator set, the Cat PGS module will provide reserve power capacity to:
- Protects against many typical power problems, including power failure, voltage sags/surges, and under/over frequency conditions.
High Performance Inverter
- Built-in controls for the charging and discharging of the energy storage equipment.
- Static VAR compensator.
- Four-quadrant output power factor control.
- Aautomatic anti-islanding to meet UL 1741 and synchronization back to grid.
Applicable Standards and Certifications
- UL 9540
- UL 1741 SB
- CSA C22.2 No. 107.1/16
- cULus mark
- CE Declaration of conformity
UL Listed to the following standards (certification and mark pending):
- Power Grid Stabilization
- Cat BDP bi-directional power inverter
- Energy storage batteries
- Color HMI touchscreen
- Remote communications via Modbus TCP
- HVAC system to maintain interior temperature
- Liquid / Air cooling
- Isolation Transformer
- Convenience receptacles
- Fire suppression system
- Transport trailer