Energy Time Shift (ETS) module
The Cat® Energy Time Shift (ETS) module is a scalable, rapidly deployable energy storage system. The energy storage system integrates with solar or other renewable sources to store energy for ...
use when the renewable source is not available. This systems provide temporary backup power to facilities in the event of a power outage.
- Peak Shaving
- Module Type
- Energy Time Shift
- Rated Power
- 570-1000 kW
- Energy Storage
- 1518-9100 kWh
Reliable and Scalable
- Pre-engineered containers shipped as a single unit with batteries, inverter, isolation transformer and other equipment installed.
- Parallel ready - Multiple energy storage modules may be operated in parallel to provide increased power output and/or increase the battery kWh capacity from 30 minutes to nine (9) hours of capacity per energy storage system.
Factory prepackaged and tested
- Designed to work with an array of renewable systems, including solar and wind
- Integration with the Cat Microgrid Master Controller (MMC) allows for time-shifting of renewable energy for increased renewable content and full asset control allows smoothing of intermittent renewables.
- The grid forming Cat Bi-Directional Power (BDP) inverter allows generator set(s) to be completely switched off, further reducing fuel consumption and operating costs.
- Decrease the transient voltage and frequency dips resulting from the application of large loads.
- Enables highly-efficient lean-burn gas gensets to operate in island mode.
- And enables the shutdown of one or more gensets for fuel savings.
When used with a generator set, the Energy Storage System will provide reserve power capacity to:
- Protects against many typical power problems, including power failure, voltage sags/surges, and under/over frequency conditions.
High Performance Inverter
- Built-in controls for the charging and discharging of the energy storage equipment.
- Static VAR compensator.
- Four-quadrant output power factor control.
- Aautomatic anti-islanding to meet UL 1741 and synchronization back to grid.
Applicable Standards and Certifications
- UL 9540
- UL 1741 SB
- CSA C22.2 No. 107.1/16
- cULus mark
- CE Declaration of conformity
UL Listed to the following standards (certification and mark pending):
- Energy Time Shift
- Cat BDP bi-directional power inverter
- Energy storage batteries
- Color HMI touchscreen
- Remote communications via Modbus TCP
- HVAC system to maintain interior temperature
- Liquid / Air cooling
- Isolation Transformer
- Convenience receptacles
- Fire suppression system