Energy Time Shift (ETS) module
use when the renewable source is not available. This systems provide temporary backup power to facilities in the event of a power outage.
- Peak Shaving
- Module Type
- Energy Time Shift
- Rated Power
- 570-1000 kW
- Energy Storage
- 1518-9100 kWh
Reliable and Scalable
- Pre-engineered containers shipped as a single unit with batteries, inverter, isolation transformer and other equipment installed.
- Parallel ready - Multiple energy storage modules may be operated in parallel to provide increased power output and/or increase the battery kWh capacity from 30 minutes to nine (9) hours of capacity per energy storage system.
Factory prepackaged and tested
- Designed to work with an array of renewable systems, including solar and wind
- Integration with the Cat Microgrid Master Controller (MMC) allows for time-shifting of renewable energy for increased renewable content and full asset control allows smoothing of intermittent renewables.
- The grid forming Cat Bi-Directional Power (BDP) inverter allows generator set(s) to be completely switched off, further reducing fuel consumption and operating costs.
- Decrease the transient voltage and frequency dips resulting from the application of large loads.
- Enables highly-efficient lean-burn gas gensets to operate in island mode.
- And enables the shutdown of one or more gensets for fuel savings.
When used with a generator set, the Energy Storage System will provide reserve power capacity to:
- Protects against many typical power problems, including power failure, voltage sags/surges, and under/over frequency conditions.
High Performance Inverter
- Built-in controls for the charging and discharging of the energy storage equipment.
- Static VAR compensator.
- Four-quadrant output power factor control.
- Aautomatic anti-islanding to meet UL 1741 and synchronization back to grid.
Applicable Standards and Certifications
- UL 9540
- UL 1741 SB
- CSA C22.2 No. 107.1/16
- cULus mark
- CE Declaration of conformity
UL Listed to the following standards (certification and mark pending):
- Energy Time Shift
- Cat BDP bi-directional power inverter
- Energy storage batteries
- Color HMI touchscreen
- Remote communications via Modbus TCP
- HVAC system to maintain interior temperature
- Liquid / Air cooling
- Isolation Transformer
- Convenience receptacles
- Fire suppression system