Cat® BDP1000 Bi-Directional Power Inverter
- Energy Storage System
- Module Type
- Integral part of Power Grid Stabilization and Energy Time Shift modules
- Rated Power
- 1000 kVA (1000kW 1PF)
- Peak efficiency 98% (excluding isolation transformer)
Energy Storage Management
- Built-in controls for the charging and discharging of the energy storage equipment.
- Static VAR compensator.
- Four-quadrant output power factor control.
- Automatic anti-islanding to meet UL 1741 and synchronization back to grid.
- Parallel ready plug-and-play paralleling with other power sources.
- Ancillary services to grid (voltage/power factor, frequency support)
- Multi-mode operation
- Grid forming
- Grid firming
- Grid following
- Seamless mode transfer
- Islanding detection
- Autonomous mode or remote-control mode
High Performance Inverter
- Patented Non-Linear droop for tight control of frequency and voltage enables high power quality on high transient loads.
- High Overload capability 1.5x.
- 2 per unit fault current capability
- Enabling highly-efficient lean-burn gas gensets to operate in island mode
- And enabling the shutdown of one or more gensets for fuel savings.
Integrated control of generating system which minimizes fuel consumption and emissions by:
Applicable Standards and Certifications
- UL 1741 SB
- CSA C22.2 No. 107.1/16
- cULus mark
UL Listed to the following standards (certification and mark pending):
- 10' high-resolution color LCD touchscreen
- Isolation Switch
- Contactor and Manual Isolation Switch with Lockout Feature
- Electrically Operated Breaker with LSI Trip Unit