920 Compact Wheel Loader
visibility, extended service intervals and excellent service access, and standard fuel savings features.
- Maximum Gross Power
- Rated Net Power - Rated Engine Speed
- Maximum Gross Power - Rated Engine Speed
- Rated Net Power - SAE J1349
- Maximum Gross Power - ISO 14396 (metric)
- Rated Net Power - ISO 9249
- Maximum Gross Torque - SAE J1995
- Maximum Gross Torque - ISO 14396
- Maximum Net Torque - SAE J1349
- Maximum Net Torque - ISO 9249
- Engine Model
- Cat C3.6
- Engine meets Tier 4 Final/Stage V emission standards.
- Net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel plus front drive implement pump when the engine is equipped with fan, air cleaner, muffler and alternator.
- Maximum Gross Power - ISO 14396
- Operating Weight
- Bucket Capacities
- 1.3-1.9 m3 (1.7-2.5 yd3)
- Bucket Capacities - General Purpose
- 1.3-1.9 m³ (1.7-2.5 yd³)
- Bucket Capacities - Light Material
- 2.5-3.5 m³ (3.3-4.6 yd³)
Service Refill Capacities
- 0.8gal (US)
- Engine Crankcase
- 2.6gal (US)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tank
- 4.8gal (US)
- Axles - Rear
- 4.5gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 5.7gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 25.9gal (US)
- Axles - Front
- 4.5gal (US)
- Fuel Tank
- 43.6gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 14.5gal (US)
- DEF used in Cat Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241-1.
- ISO 3471:2008
- ISO 3449:2005
- Note (3)
- The labelled sound power level for the CE marked configurations when measured according to the test procedure and conditions specified in 2000/14/EC (as amended by 2005/88/EC) is 103 dB(A).
- Note (2)
- The declared dynamic operator sound pressure levels per ISO 6396:2008*, when the cab is properly installed and maintained, is 77 dB(A).
- Note (1)
- Cab and Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) are standard in North America and Europe.
- Note (4)
- *The measurements were conducted with the cab doors and windows closed.
Loader Hydraulic System
- Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Total Cycle Time
- Maximum Working Pressure - Implement Pump
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 3rd Function, Maximum Flow, Standard
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump
- Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder - 4th Function Relief Pressure
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Float Down, Maximum Lift to Ground Level
- All cycle times listed are with cylinder snubbing turned off.
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rackback
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 4rd Function, Maximum Flow
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Dump, at Maximum Reach
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Raise, Ground Level to Maximum Lift
- Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 3rd Function, Maximum Flow, High
- Maximum Working Pressure - Steering Pump
- Steering Cycle Times - Full Left to Full Right - At 2,350 rpm: 90 rpm Steering Wheel Speed
- Steering Articulation Angle - Each Direction
- Number of Steering Wheel Turns - Full Left to Full Right or Full Right to Full Left
- Maximum Flow - Steering Pump
- *Creeper Control allows speed control from a stand still up to 10 km/h (6.3 mph). The Creeper Control will only work in Range 1.
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 3
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 2*
- Forward and Reverse - Speed Range 1*
- Oscillating ±11 degrees; Locking differential (standard)
- Fixed; Locking differential (standard)
- Other Choices Include
- 17.5 R25 L3 XHA2; 20.5 R25 L3 XHA3; 17.5-25 L2/L3 SGL; 20.5-25 L2/L3 SGL; 17.5-25 L3 HRL D/L-3A; 17.5 R25 L2 Snow; 20.5 R25 L2 Snow; 17.5 R25 Solid
- Standard Size
- 17.5 R25 L2 XTLA
- Note (1)
- Other tire choices are available. Contact your Cat dealer for details.
- Note (3)
- Caterpillar recommends that you consult a tire supplier to evaluate all conditions before selecting a tire model.
- Note (2)
- In certain applications, the loader’s productive capabilities may exceed the tire’s tonnes-km/h (ton-mph) capabilities.
Cat® C3.6 Engine
EU Stage V and U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final compliant.
Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader Linkage
The Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader linkage combines the digging efficiency of a traditional Z-bar with tool carrier capabilities for great performance and versatility. With parallel lift and high tilt forces throughout the working range you can safely and confidently handle loads with precise control. A High Lift option is available to extend both reach and dump clearance for more demanding tasks.
The 920 features the Cat exclusive, Performance Series Buckets, as well as high visibility pallet forks. These tools enhance productivity and are available with either an Integrated Toolcarrier (IT), ISO (wide) or Fusion™ interface coupler style. Legacy coupler tools such as brooms, grapple buckets, multi-purpose buckets and other work tools remain compatible.
Hydraulics and Controls
State of the art electro-hydraulic system provides low effort, fine control with fast cycle times. All-in-one joystick helps keep eyes on the work. Operator can adjust machine responsiveness with the push of a button, which allows the operator to set up the machine exactly the way they want it based on the application. High Flow option allows for the use of even the most demanding work tools.
Smooth shifting and powerful acceleration is matched with modulated hydrostatic braking in the inching/braking pedal, creating a rhythm for material moving. Creeper and electronic engine speed control makes broom and snow blower work easy. Operator tunes between smooth or aggressive shifting with the push of a button.
All around visibility is further enhanced with the availability of a rearview camera. The deluxe cab ensures operator comfort with a heated, air suspension seat and easy to use controls. Available features such as Implement and Hystat Aggressiveness, Ride Control, Lift and Tilt Kickouts, Fork/Bucket Mode and Rimpull Control allow the operator to customize the machine via a soft touch keypad.
Extended service intervals and excellent service access make daily checks quick and easy allowing you to get to work sooner.
Efficiently Powerful with its high full turn tipping loads, powerful breakout forces and increased engine power delivers a balanced solution for all customer applications.
Standard Fuel Savings Features
Standard Fuel Savings Features such as Eco Mode, On Demand Cooling Fan, and Auto Engine Idle Shutdown make the 920 both powerful and fuel efficient.