AD30 Underground Mining Truck
for performance, designed for comfort, built to last.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C15
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Gross Power - VR Engine - SAE J1995
- Gross Power - Tier 3 Engine - SAE J1995
- Rated Power
- Note (5)
- Optional engine with emissions equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU stage IIIA is also available.
- Gross Power - Equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA - SAE J1995
- Note (1)
- Power ratings apply at a rated speed of 1,800 rpm when tested under the reference conditions for the specified standard.
- Note (2)
- Ratings based on SAE J1995 standard air conditions of 25° C (77° F) and 100 kPa (29.61 Hg) barometer. Power based on fuel having API gravity of 35 at 16° C (60° F) and an LHV of 42 780 kJ/kg (18,390 BTU/lb) when engine used at 30° C (86° F).
- Note (3)
- Engine derate will commence at an altitude of 2743 m (8,999 ft).
- Note (4)
- Optional Ventilation Reduction package available.
- Nominal Payload Capacity
- Gross Machine Mass
- Body Capacities
- 11.3-17.5 m³ (14.8-22.9 yd³)
- Body 1
- Body 2 - Standard Body
- Body 3
- Wide Body
- Ejector Body (1)
- Ejector Body (2)
- Heaped SAE 2:1.
- Empty - Front Axle
- Empty - Rear Axle
- Loaded - Front Axle
- Loaded - Rear Axle
- Total Cycle Time
- Outside Clearance Radius
- Inner Clearance Radius
- Articulation Angle
- Frame Oscillation
- 10 Degrees
- Forward - 1
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 4
- Reverse - 1
- Maximum travel speeds with standard 26.5 × R25 tires.
Service Refill Capacities
- Engine Crankcase - With Filter
- 9gal (US)
- 18gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 38gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 20gal (US)
- Front Differential and Final Drives
- 15gal (US)
- Rear Differential and Final Drives
- 15gal (US)
- Fuel Tank
- 108gal (US)
- Tire Size
- 26.5 × R25 VSNT
- Differential Ratio
- Final Drive Ratio
- Total Reduction Ratio
- Fully floating axles.
- Empty - Front Axle
- Empty - Rear Axle
- Loaded - Front Axle
- Loaded - Rear Axle
- ROPS/FOPS Certified Cab
Power Train – Engine – The Cat C15 engine is designed for power, reliability and efficiency.
The Cat C15 engine provides unequalled lugging force while digging, tramming and traversing steep grades. Torque rise effectively matches transmission shift points for maximum efficiency and fast cycle times. Mechanically Actuated, Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™) high-pressure, direct injection fuel system electronically monitors operator demands and sensor inputs to optimize engine performance. Air-to-air aftercooling provides improved fuel economy by packing cooler, denser air into cylinders for more complete combustion of fuel and lower emissions. Oil coiled pistons increase heat dissipation and promote longer piston life. The crankshaft is forged and induction hardened for long-term durability.
The Cat C15 engine features the optional Ventilation Reduction (VR) Package. The VR Package incorporates selective engine hardware and software to reduce diesel particulate matter in the engine exhaust. Engines equipped with the VR Package feature a significant ventilation rate reduction, maintains fuel consumption, and maintained or improved product performance. VR Package availability is subject to regional regulatory compliance. Optional engine with emissions equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA is also available.
A Cat Diesel Particulate Filter can be used with the VR engine package. This filter compliments the VR engine by further reducing particulate matter in the exhaust. Requires the use of 15 PPM ultra low sulfur diesel and CJ-4 low ash engine oil.
Power Train – Transmission – More power to the ground for greater productivity.
- Mechanical Power Train
The Cat mechanical drive power train and power shift transmission provide unmatched operating efficiency and control on steep grades, in poor underfoot conditions, and on haul roads and drives with high rolling resistance.
The Cat four-speed planetary power shift transmission is matched with the C15 engine to deliver constant power over a wide range of operating speeds.
- Robust Design
Designed for rugged underground mining conditions, the proven planetary power shift transmission is built for long life between overhauls.
- Lock-Up Torque Converter
Combines maximum rimpull and cushioned shifting of torque converter drive with the efficiency and performance of direct drive. When engaged, lock-up provides superior power train efficiency by delivering more power to the wheels.
- Lock-Up Clutch
Quickly releases and re-engages to reduce power train torque loads for smoother shifting, long life and a more comfortable ride.
- Smooth Shifting
Individual clutch modulation provides smooth clutch engagements to optimize performance and extend clutch life.
- Final Drives
Cat final drives work as a system with the planetary power shift transmission to deliver maximum power to the ground. Built to withstand the forces of high torque and impact loads, final drives provide high torque multiplication to further reduce drive train stress.
- Full Floating Axles
Full floating axles relieve internal stresses and increase durability. Rolled splines also provide increased service life.
Engine/Power Train Integration – Intelligent electronics for overall optimal performance.
- Cat Data Link
Electronically integrates machine computer systems to optimize overall power train performance, increase reliability and component life, and reduce operating costs.
- Controlled Throttle Shifting – Regulates engine RPM, torque converter lock-up and transmission clutch engagement for smoother shifts and longer component life.
- Economy Shift Mode – Decreases fuel consumption, lowers noise levels and potentially longer engine life.
- Directional Shift Management – Regulates engine speed to prevent damage caused by high speed directional changes.
- Body-up Shift Inhibitor – Prevents the transmission from shifting above a pre-programmed gear without the body fully lowered.
- Electronic Technician (Cat ET)
Cat ET service tool provides service technicians with easy access to stored diagnostic data through Cat Data Link to simplify problem diagnosis and increase availability.
- Overspeed Protection
The Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) system provides engine overspeed protection. The ARC will engage the brakes if the following conditions exist at the same time:
- An unsafe engine speed is reached.
- The ARC on/off switch is in the ON position or the OFF position.
- The throttle is being depressed by the operator.
If the transmission is in top gear, the lockup clutch is deactivated in order to protect the engine against an engine overspeed condition.
Cat Brake System – Superior control for operator confidence.
- Integrated Braking System
The Cat oil-cooled braking system delivers reliable performance and control in the most extreme underground mining conditions. The integrated system combines the service, secondary, parking brake and retarding functions in the same robust system for optimum braking efficiency.
- Oil-Cooled Multiple Disc Brakes
Four-wheel, forced oil-cooled, multiple disc service brakes are continuously cooled by a water-to-oil heat exchangers for non-fade braking and retarding performance. They are also completely enclosed to prevent contamination and reduce maintenance.
- Automatic Retarder Control (ARC)
Electronically controls retarding on grade to maintain optimum engine RPM and oil cooling. Additional braking may be applied using the manual retarder or the brake pedal. ARC also allows the operator to maintain optimum engine speeds for faster downhill hauls and greater productivity. The ARC automatically activates when engine speed exceeds factory preset levels.
- Superior Control
Automatic brake modulation offers a smoother ride and greater control, allowing the operator to concentrate on driving.
Operator Comfort – Ergonomically designed for all-day comfort, control and productivity.
The AD30 operator station is ergonomically designed for total machine control in a comfortable, productive and safe environment. All controls, levers switches and gauges are positioned to maximize productivity and minimize operator fatigue.
- Protective Structure
Integral to the cab and frame, both the Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) and Falling Objects Protective Structure (FOPS) are resiliently mounted to the mainframe to isolate the operator from vibration for a more comfortable ride.
- Optional Enclosed Cab
Optional sound-suppressed ROPS cab provides a quiet, secure and comfortable air-conditioned working environment with fresh, pressurized, temperature-controlled air circulation.
- Suspension Seat
Ergonomic, fully adjustable suspension seat provides optimal operator comfort. Thick cushions reduce pressure on lower back and thighs. Wide, retractable seat belts provide a secure, comfortable restraint.
- Steering Column
Comfort wheel with tilt steering provides a comfortable driving position, secure grip and greater control.
- Monitoring System
Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS) continuously provides critical machine data to keep the machine performing at top production levels. Displays are backlit for easy viewing.
Truck Body Systems – Rugged performance and reliability in tough underground mining applications.
- Cat Truck Bodies
Caterpillar offers two specific body styles for the most efficient hauling solutions at the lowest cost-per-ton.
- Dump Body
- Ejector Body
The ejector body can now be easily removed and a dump body fitted for greater machine versatility.
- Body Selection
Selection of the right body depends on material, haul road, and dump conditions. The better the match of body to application, the greater the efficiency. Your Cat dealer can help you select the right body system for your site specific application.
- Body Design
Cat truck bodies are designed for optimal strength, capacity and durability. With improved design and the use of Hardox steel, longer service life and lower cost per ton figures are now evident.
- Body/Chassis Integration
Cat truck bodies are designed and matched with the integrated chassis system for optimum structural reliability, durability and long life.
- Truck Payload Management System (TPMS)
The optional TPMS system calculates the payload the truck is carrying and determines truck cycle times.
- Fast Hoist Cycle Times
Single-stage hoist cylinders provide fast dump cycle times of 10.5 seconds for raise and 11.2 seconds for lower.
Structures – Rugged Cat structures – the backbone of the AD30’s durability.
- Frame Design
The frame incorporates a box-section design with wide and stiff frame beams to handle torque loads. The frame design decreases stress in the hitch area and optimizes suspension geometry. Materials and weld joints are matched to optimize the life of the structure.
- Articulating/Oscillating Hitch
The articulating hitch provides the truck with steering articulation and the oscillation ensures the truck maintains all wheel ground contact in rough terrain. Hardened steel pins, taper roller bearings and oscillating stops allows the rear frame to move independently from the front frame.
Serviceability – More time for production.
- Service Access
Easy access to daily service points simplifies servicing and reduces time spent on regular maintenance procedures.
- Ground-Level Access
Allows convenient servicing to all tanks, filters, lubrication points and compartment drains.
Electric fuel priming. Remote mounted fuel filters for easier serviceability.
- Air Filters
Radial seal air filters are easy to change, reducing time required for air filter maintenance.
- Sight Gauges
Fluid level checks are made easier with sight gauges.
Cat Electronic Technician (Cat ET) service tool enables quick electronic diagnosis of machine performance and key diagnostic data for effective maintenance and repairs.
- Sealed Electrical Connectors
Electrical connectors are sealed to lock out dust and moisture. Harnesses are covered for protection. Wires are color and number coded for easy diagnosis and repair.
- Scheduled Oil Sampling
S·O·SSM helps avoid minor repairs becoming major ones. Sample point adapters fitted standard to machine.
Customer Support – Cat dealer services keep underground mining equipment productive.
- Dealer Capability
Cat dealers will provide the level of support you need, on a global scale. Dealer expert technicians have the knowledge, experience, training and tooling to handle your repair and maintenance needs, when and where you need them.
- Product Support
When Cat products reach the field, they are supported 24/7 by a worldwide network of reliable and prompt parts distribution facilities, dealer service centers, and technical training facilities to keep your equipment up and running.
- Service Support
Cat equipment is designed and built to provide maximum productivity and operating economy throughout its working life. Cat dealers will be with you every step of the way with its unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
- Technology Products
Cat dealers offer a range of advanced technology products designed to improve efficiency, productivity and lower costs. VIMS™ Gen 3 option available from factory.
Repair or rebuild? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the costs so you can make the right choice.
Safety – Designed with safety as the first priority.
- Product Safety
Caterpillar continues to be proactive in developing mining machines that meet or exceed safety standards. Safety is an integral part of all machine and systems designs.
- Engine Shutoff Switch
A secondary engine shutoff switch is located at ground level.
- Integral ROPS Cab
The ROPS is resiliently mounted to the frame to isolate the operator from vibration for a more comfortable ride.
- Brake Systems
Four corner oil-cooled multiple disc braking system provides excellent control. The service brakes and retarding system are hydraulically actuated and modulated, while the parking brake function is spring applied and fluid released. This system assures braking in the event of loss of hydraulic pressure.
- Operator Present System
Automatically engages parking brake, neutralizes steering, implement and transmission control, and shuts down the engine in the event operator fails to apply the park brake prior to exiting the cab.
- Standard Safety Features
Anti-skid upper deck surfaces, upper deck handrails, 3-point cabin and machine access, push out safety glass, steering frame lock, rear window guard, body retaining pins, automatic retarder control, exhaust heat shielding and firewall, hitch hydraulic hoses – burst protection sleeves, tailgate retaining pins (ejector body), hot and cold side of engine.
For more complete information on safety, please visit www.cat.com/safety.
- 12V power supply in cab
- Alternator, 95-amp
- Auxiliary start receptacle
- Battery disconnect switch, ground level
- Circuit breaker, 80-amp
- Corrosive protection spray
- Diagnostic connector
- Electric starting, 24V
- Engine shutdown switch, ground level
– Front left hand side
– Brake and tail light, LED
– Headlights with dimmer switch, halogen
– Rear work light (cab mounted), halogen
– Reversing lights, halogen
- Low maintenance batteries
- Reversing alarm
- Starting and charging system
- Operator Environment
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS)
- Electric horns
– Engine coolant temperature
– Transmission coolant temperature
– Hydraulic oil temperature
– Fuel level
- Indicator lights
– Alert warning light
– Body up position warning
– High beam
– Residual brake pressure warning
– Retarder application
– Turn signal
- Low hydraulic level warning
- Open operator station ROPS/FOPS structure
- Operator presence system (auto park brake)
- Rearview mirrors
- Suspension seat Cat Comfort TLV2 with retractable seat belt
- Trainer/passenger seat and seat belt
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Power Train
- Cat C15 ATAAC diesel engine, 6-cylinder
- Automatic brake retarder control
- Auto shift transmission 4 speed forward/1 speed reverse
- Axle, arrangement standard width, front – rear
- Control throttle shifting
- Engine air intake precleaner
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Exhaust, turbo compartment shielding
- Four wheel drive
- Long life coolant
- Programmable ground speed limiting
- Programmable gear block out with tray up
- Radiator cap manual release
- Radiator, cross flow
- Rims, 5-piece, tubeless
- SAFR™ full hydraulic enclosed wet, multiple-disc brakes, oil cooled
- Torque converter with automatic lockup
- Other Standard Equipment
- Body, dump, (14.4 m³/18.8 yd³)
- Catalytic exhaust purifier/muffler group
- Centralized lubrication points
- Decals, international picto graphics
- Engine and transmission belly guards
- Fenders, standard with, front, rear flaps
- Fire wall
- Fuel system manual shut off tap
- Frame lifting lugs
- Front and rear tow pin
- Hand hold (access on/off top deck)
- Hitch, articulated and oscillated
- Operation and Maintenance Manual – English and other applicable local languages to select
- S·O·S port
– Engine oil
– Hydraulic oil
– Transmission oil
- Swing out radiator grill
- Tires and rims: A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section of the machine price list. Base machine price includes a standard tubeless rim allowance only.
- Optional Equipment
- Axle, arrangement wide body, front – rear
- Battery shutdown
– Ground level isolation, in cab isolation switch
– Ground level isolation, engine shutdown switch
– Ground level isolation, in cab isolation, engine shutdown switch
- Body dump
– Body, (11.3 m³/14.8 yd³)
– Body, (16.8 m³/21.9 yd³) wide body configuration
– Body, (17.5 m³/22.9 yd³)
- Body ejector
– Ejector, (15.2 m³/19.9 yd³)
– Ejector, (16.8 m³/21.9 yd³)
- Body liners, impact and wear
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (11.3 m³/14.8 yd³)
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (14.4 m³/18.8 yd³)
– 10 mm (0.4"), dump (16.8 m³/21.9 yd³) for wide body configuration
– 10 mm (0.4"), body, dump (17.5 m³/22.9 yd³)
- Brake pressure gauges
- Camera, color rear facing
- Cover, anti vandalism for shipping
- Engine options
– Engine, Ventilation Reduction (VR)
– Equivalent to Tier 3
– After-treatment options (for use with VR Engine only)
- DPF (Flow Through) Filter
- Fast fill system
– Engine oil
– Fuel (single tank)
– Hydraulic oil
– Transmission oil
- Fenders, wide body, front, rear flaps
- Fire suppression system
– Ansul, dry powder
– Foam, water based
– Arctic fuel
– Arctic coolant
– Headlights with dimmer switch, LED
– Rear work light (cab mounted), LED
– Reversing lights, LED
- Lubrication system
– Automatic, dump or ejector body
– Centralized, ejector body
- Mine transfer
– Mine transfer ready front frame (tack welded)
– Mine transfer ready dump body (tack welded)
– Mine transfer ready ejector body (tack welded)
- Operators station ROPS/FOPS enclosed
– Air conditioning
– Cab pressurizer and filter
– Dome light
– Radio ready compartment for radio and speakers
– Sun visor
– Window, sliding cab door
- Park brake switch engagement
– Push to apply
– Pull to apply
– Truck Payload Measurement System (TPMS)
– Remote display for TPMS
- Reflective tape
– Rim identification numbering
– Spare, tubeless
– Suspension seat Cat Comfort TLV2, vinyl
– Suspension seat tee, mechanical
- Seat cover
– Tee and Cat Comfort TLV2
– Seat cover, companion
- Secondary steering system
- Service tools
– Collet jacking bolts, dump and ejector
– Diagnostics box
– Hoist cylinder supports (for body removal)
– Brake wear gauge
– Reference parts manual for additional tooling available
– Engine shutdown, fire suppression activation
– Idle timer
– Engine shutdown, fire suppression activation/idle timer
– Vital Information Management System (VIMS) Gen 3
- Tire arrangements
– Tire, 26.5 × 25 VSNT Bridgestone
– Tire, 26.5 × 25 VSDL Bridgestone
- NOTE: Not all features are available in all regions. See your Cat dealer for more information.