The TL1255 is precision engineered to handle any task, offering stability, maneuverability, speed and power in any application.
- Rated Load Capacity
- Maximum Lift Height
- Maximum Forward Reach
- Top Travel Speed
- Capacity at Maximum Height (o/r Down)
- Turning Radius - Over Tires
- Drawbar Pull - Loaded
- Maximum Lift Height (o/r Down)
- Maximum Rated Load Capacity
- Operating Weight
- Frame Leveling
- Capacity at Maximum Reach (o/r Down)
- Engine Model
- Cat® C3.6L*
- Gross Power - Basic
- *Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- 400/75-28 Duraforce Air
- 400/75-28 Duraforce Foam; 360/85-28 Telemaster Solid; 17.5 × 25 16PR Air; 17.5 × 25 12PR Foam; 400/75-28 Non-Marking Air; 400/75-28 Non-Marking Foam
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 38gal (US)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tank
- 5.7gal (US)
- Hydraulic System
- 50gal (US)
- Pump Type
- Variable displacement load sensing axial piston pump
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Flow
- Boom Up
- Boom Down
- Tele In
- Tele Out
Optional Work Tool Attachments
- Buckets: General Purpose - Option 2
- Truss with Winch - Option 1
- Carriages: Standard Tilt - Option 1
- Buckets: General Purpose - Option 1
- Carriages: Side Tilt - Option 2
- Forks: Pallet - Option 3
- Material Handling Arm
- Adjustable 2-4 m (Adjustable 6.7-13.2 ft)
- Hydraulic IT Coupler (Includes Auxiliary Electronics)
- Forks: Pallet - Option 1
- Fork Extensions*
- Truss Booms - Option 1
- *For use with 1525 mm (60 in) forks or larger
- Forks: Pallet - Option 2
- Buckets: Multi Purpose
- Carriages: Standard Tilt - Option 3
- Carriages: Dual Hydraulic Fork Positioner - Option 1
- Carriages: Dual Hydraulic Fork Positioner - Option 2
- Carriages: Swing, 100°
- Forks: Block/Cubing
- Truss with Winch - Option 2
- Fork Mounted - Hook
- Lifting Hook
- Carriages: Side Shift
- Truss Booms - Option 2
- Buckets: Grapple
- Fork Mounted - Hopper
- Trash Hopper
- Carriages: Side Tilt - Option 1
- Carriages: Standard Tilt - Option 2
- Fork Mounted - Truss Boom
- Adjustable 2.1-3.6 m (Adjustable 7-12 ft)
- Fork Mounted - Work Platform
- 1220 mm × 2438 mm (4 ft × 8 ft)
- Types (1)
- Trunnion mounted planetary 55-degree steer axles
- Types (2)
- High bias limited slip differential on front axle
- 3 Speeds
- 4 Speeds
- Service Brakes
- Inboard wet disc brakes on front and rear axles
- Parking Brakes
- Wet disc, spring applied hydraulic release on front axle
- Intuitive Control Layout
All day operator comfort and efficiency is ensured through our simple, logical control layout.
- Easier Access
Cab entry and exit is both easier and more convenient due to the well placed handholds.
- Operator Protection
The machine provides full operator security with OROPS or EROPS protection.
- Enhanced Visibility
The TL-Series cab has improved visibility due to the use of advanced virtual design techniques.
Ease of Operation
- Joystick Control
The joystick allows three simultaneous boom functions and operates the auxiliary hydraulic function. It allows the option of a second auxiliary service for the use of work tools that require more than one hydraulic service.
- Flow Sharing
Three simultaneous hydraulic functions are achieved using a full flow sharing hydraulic valve. A load sensing variable displacement pump allows full hydraulic power even at low revs.
- Lift Height
The TL1255 can effectively pick and place materials to a maximum height of 54.9 ft. (16.7 m).
Job site obstacles present challenges demanding a machine to place loads at greater distances - the TL1255 delivers.
The TL1255 offers improved maneuverability, allowing it to work productively in confined areas.
- Steering Modes
The TL1255 offers three steering modes (two wheel, crab and circle steer) to allow an operator to more easily position the machine. Steering modes are selected by a single three-position rocker switch. Steering position sensors are fitted as standard to all steering modes to be changed while moving.
The TL1255 features a Cat PG145 power-shift transmission.
- Quick Coupler
A manual IT quick coupler is standard on the TL-Series machines. For optimum versatility, an optional hydraulic quick coupler is available, allowing the operator to more easily change non-hydraulic work tools without leaving the cab.
- Work Tools
A wide range of work tools are available to meet most job site applications. Caterpillar Telehandler Work Tools extend the versatility of the machine. Built for performance and durability, these work tools deliver high productivity, long life and excellent value.
- General Purpose Bucket (1.0 m3/1.3 yd3)
- Light Materials Bucket (2.0 m3/2.6 yd3, 2.5 m3/3.25 yd3, 3.0 m3/3.90 yd3)
- Material Handling Bucket (1.5 m3/1.95 yd3)
- Multi Purpose Bucket (1.0 m3/1.3 yd3)
- Grapple Bucket (0.85 m3/1.1 yd3)
- Fixed Carriage
- Rotate Carriage
- Sideshift Carriage
- Pallet Forks
- Block Forks
- Lift Hook
- Truss Boom
- Self-tipping Hopper
- Material Handling Arm
Contact your Cat dealer for additional work tool options.
A wide range of tire options enables the machine to be configured to achieve optimum job site performance, including foam-filled and non-marking tires.
Cost of Ownership
- Ease of Access
Cost of ownership starts with ease of service. All Cat Telehandler service points are accessible and major components are at ground level due to overall machine design.
- Daily Maintenance
Routine daily maintenance is now reduced to checking fluid levels and a walkaround inspection.
- Service Intervals
Engine oil, filter changes and routine lubrication are now only required every 500 hours.
- Reduced Componentry
With the reduction in the number of filters and extended service intervals, operating costs are the lowest in the industry.
- Equipment Protection Plan
Designed to enhance your telehandler ownership experience with comprehensive coverage and peace of mind.
Serviceability and Customer Support
All Cat Telehandler service points are accessible and major components are at ground level due to the overall machine design. A cab mounted service point allows access to the fuel fill, hydraulic oil fill, washer bottle, fuse box and cab air filter for routine checks.
Make detailed comparisons before you buy. Your Cat Dealer can give you precise answers to your questions.
Look at the value that the TL1255 telehandler will offer you. Consider all the flexible financing options your Cat Dealer offers as well as day to day operating costs.
Improving operating techniques can boost your profits. Your Cat Dealer has literature and other tools to help increase your productivity.
Repair, rebuild or replace? Your Cat Dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the right choice.
- Product Support
You will find high availability of parts at our Dealer parts counter. Cat Dealers utilize a worldwide computer network to find in-stock parts to minimize machine downtime. Additionally, Caterpillar offers a line of genuine remanufactured components which can help lower repair costs.
- Easy Financing
Your Cat Dealer can provide a financing package to meet your needs.
- Telescopic Boom
- Boom angle indicator
- Alternator, 60 amp, 12 volt
- Battery, 12 volt, 1000 CCA
- Alarm, backup
- Operator Station
- Canopy, ROPS/FOPS
- Joystick, single electronic
- Adjustable joystick wristrest
- Grab bars for easy entry
- Seat - vinyl, suspension with Cat logo
- Steering wheel spinner knob
- Floor mat - heavy duty
- Left side rear view mirror
- Service door, cab air intake filter, fuel fill, hydraulic fill, level indicator, fuse panel and washer fill
- Instruments - volt meter, hourmeter, engine oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge. All gauges protected by clear acrylic cover.
- Park Brake with indicator light
- Steering Wheel with Cat logo
- Cat keys and locks
- Brakes - wet disc service
- Belt, seat - 3" wide
- Power Train
- Engine, Cat C3.6L - 100 kW (134 hp) gross horsepower
- Thermal starting aid
- Transmission, Cat PG145 6 speed Power-shift, 4-speed forward, 3-speed reverse
- Cat filters, hoses and couplings
- Axles - Dana
- Steering - 4 wheel
- Drive - 4 wheel
- Chassis, frame level up to 10 degrees when operating in rough, uneven terrain
- Cat IT Coupler
- Coolant - Anti-freeze, 50/50 Mix
- Tires - 370/75-28 Duraforce Air
- Other Equipment
- Integrated lift and tie down points
- Standard Cat color paint
- Auxillary hydraulics for auxillary attachments (one function)
- Telescopic Boom
- Hydraulic IT Coupler (includes Auxiliary Electrics)
- Work Light Group: 3 Cab mounted Lights -- 2 forward, 1 rearward; 1 reversing light; 2 Boom mounted Lights, 1 rotating beacon
- Engine heater block
- Heater - open cab
- Road Light Group -- Headlights, Brake Lights, Turn Signals
- Operator Station
- Air conditioning
- Single Joystick - with Rocker Switch
- EROPS - Cab Enclosure (Door, Safety Glass Windows, Front Windshield Wiper, Heater & Defroster Fan)
- Skylight Wiper
- Brick guard - Front and top.
- Tires - 370/75-28 Duraforce Foam Fill
- Tires - 315/95-28 Telemaster Solid
- Tire - 14.00-24 16PR Air
- Tire - 14.00-24 12 PR Foam
- Tires - 370/75-28 Non-Marking Air
- Other Equipment
- Tow Hook - Pintle Type
- Artic package - Package includes: 2400 AMP starter, 1000 watt hydraulic reservoir heater, 500 watt engine oil-pan heater, Dual maintenance free, 1375 CCA gel cell batteries, 160 watt battery heating blanket, 1000 watt engine block heater
- Work Tools
- Carriage - side shift, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Lifting Hook - fork mounted (available from factory)
- Truss Broom
- Carriage - standard tilt, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Carriage - standard rotate, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Carriage - swing, 72 in., 100 degrees, 9,000 lb. capacity, 5,000 lb. swung (available from factory)
- Pallet Forks - two 60 in, 2 in x 6 in, 9,000 lb. capacity per pair (available from factory)
- Pallet Forks - two 48 in, 2.36 in x 4 in, 9,000 lb. capacity per pair (available from factory)
- Cubing Forks - two 48 in, 2 in x 2 in, 3,800 lb. capacity per pair (available from factory)
- Bucket - General Purpose 1.3 Cu. Yd.
- Bucket - Material Handling 1.95 Cu. Yd.
- Bucket - Multi-Purpose, 1.3 Cu. Yd.
- Work Platform -- 8 ft x 4 ft with maximum capacity of 1,000 lbs. Includes enclosed fork pockets, side entry/exit gate, removable front rail and wire mesh floor