340 Long Reach Excavator
operator efficiencies up to 45 percent. Combine these with a new cab, longer maintenance intervals that lower your maintenance costs up to 15 percent, and a power system that that improves fuel efficiency up to 15% and you have a low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator capable of taking on your toughest work.
Not all features available in all regions. Consult your Cat dealer for specific configurations available in your region.
- Engine Power - ISO 9249
- Engine Model
- Engine Power - ISO 14396
- Operating Weight
Working Ranges & Forces
- Maximum Digging Depth
- 10.6 m (34'9")
- LRE Stick 7.1 m (23'4")
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level
- Maximum Loading Height
- Minimum Loading Height
- Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom
- Bucket Digging Force - ISO
- Stick Digging Force - ISO
- GD 0.93 m3 (1.22 yd3)
- Maximum Cutting Height
- Main System - Maximum Flow
- 558 l/min (147 gal/min)
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Lift Mode
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Swing Speed
- Maximum Swing Torque
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 158.5gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 10.5gal (US)
- Engine Oil
- 8.5gal (US)
- Swing Drive
- 4.8gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 2.1gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 98.5gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 42.5gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 21.1gal (US)
- LRE Boom 10.6 m (34'9")
- LRE Stick 7.1 m (23'4")
- GD 0.93 m3 (1.22 yd3)
- Shipping Height - Top of Cab
- Handrail Height
- Track Gauge
- Shipping Length
- Tail Swing Radius
- Counterweight Clearance
- Ground Clearance
- Track Length
- Track Length to Center of Rollers
- Transport Width
High Performance with Lower Fuel Consumption
- Increase operating efficiency up to 45 percent with standard Cat Connect technologies that lower operator fatigue and operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
- Get up to 15 percent higher fuel efficiency — more work per unit of fuel — than the Cat 340F excavator.
- Match the excavator to the job with three power modes — Power, Smart, and Eco. Smart mode automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, providing max power when needed and reducing power when it isn’t to help save fuel.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balanceof power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. This excavator has a high-ambient capability of 52° C (125° F) and cold start capability of –18° C (0° F).
- New self-sharpening Advansys™ bucket tips increase production and lower costs with more tip life.
Boost Efficiency and Productivity with Integrated Cat Connect Technologies
- Boost productivity up to 45 percent versus traditional grading withstandard Cat GRADE with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability. Dig with guidance to depth, slope, and horizontal distance tograde. The 2D system is upgradable to Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D orCat GRADE with 3D.
- Standard Grade Assist: Stay on grade – simply and effortlessly – with single-lever digging. Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications for easy, accurate, and fast jobs. Keep the tracks on ground in lifting and hard digging with BoomAssist. Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
- Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system: Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging. Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and load/cycle counts. Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Take payload data with you. The monitor’s USP port lets you download your results from one shift all the way up to 30 days of work so can manage your progress without needing an internet connection or VisionLink® subscription.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D: Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D: Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage’s full range of motion on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor. Know the excavator’s exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems. The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch androll caused by sloping ground conditions.
- Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink online interface, helping you improve job site efficiency with lower operating costs.
- Know where your work tools are and how much you use them, asthe machine tracks all attachments equipped with Cat asset tracker technology.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like GRADE with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
Work in Comfort in the All-New Cab
- Choose between Deluxe and Premium cabs — both with automatic climate control.
- Sit in wide seats that adjust for all size operators.
- Stay warm with the Deluxe seat; stay warm and cool with the Premium seat.
- Enjoy wide spacing between consoles for a more comfortable environment.
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration up to 50 percent over previous excavator models.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls alllocated in front of you.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology toconnect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
Simple to Operate
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program your power mode and joystick preferences using Operator ID; the excavator will remember them every time you go to work.
- Automatic hydraulic oil warm up gets you to work faster in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 254 mm (10in) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- A second 254 mm (10 in) monitor is available for the advanced grade control and Cat GRADE with 3D.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- The Cat PL161 Attachment Locator is a Bluetooth device that makes finding your attachments and other gear quick and easy. The excavator's onboard Bluetooth reader or Cat App on your phone will locate the device automatically.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity; it also ensures all the attachment settings are correct so you can get to work quickly and efficiently.
- Auto hammer stop helps you prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the attachment and excavator. Simply enable it through the monitor, and you and your fellow operators will be warned after 15 seconds of continuous firing followed by automatic shutoff at 30 seconds.
Easy to Maintain
- Expect up to 20 percent less maintenance cost than the 340F due to extended and synchronized service intervals and smaller fluid quantities. (Savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours.)
- Check hydraulic system oil and easily drain fuel system water and fuel tank water from ground level.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 1,000 hours. Oil and fuel filters are grouped and located on right-hand side of machine for easy maintenance.
- The new air intake filter with pre-cleaner has double the dirt holding capacity of the previous air intake filter.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50percent longer than previous filter designs.
- The high-efficiency cooling system fan has an optional auto reverse function; set the interval you want and it will quickly blow out debris without interrupting your work.
- S·O·SSM ports simplify maintenance and allow for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
- Work safely under structures or near traffic with the standard 2D E-fence feature integrated right out of the factory, which prevents any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points to avoid hazards and job site accidents.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- A travel direction indicator helps operators know which way to activate the travel levers.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, anda flat engine hood design.
- A ground-level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- A rearview camera is standard. Upgrade to 360° visibility and you’ll easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- Serrated steps and anti-skid punch plate on the service platform help prevent slipping.