340 Long Reach Excavator
operator efficiencies up to 45%. Combine these with an ergonomic cab, longer maintenance intervals that lower your maintenance costs up to 15%, and a power system that that improves fuel efficiency up to 15% and you have a low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator capable of taking on your toughest work.
Not all features available in all regions. Consult your Cat dealer for specific configurations available in your region.
- Net Power - ISO 9249
- Net Power - ISO 9249 (DIN)
- 351hp (metric)
- Engine Model
- Engine Power - ISO 14396
- Engine Power - ISO 14396 (DIN)
- 352hp (metric)
- Biodiesel Capability
- Up to B20¹
- Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Note (1)
- Net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with fan, air intake system, exhaust system, and alternator with engine speed at 1,900 rpm. Advertised power is tested per the specified standard in effect at the time
- Note (2)
- ¹Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)* or 100% renewable diesel, HVO
- Operating Weight
- Heavy Duty High Wide undercarriage LRE boom, LRE7.1B1 (23'4") stick, General Duty (GD) 0.95 m³ (1.24 yd³) bucket, 850 mm (33") triple grouser shoes, and 10.35 mt (22,800 lb) counterweight.
Working Ranges & Forces
- Maximum Digging Depth
- LRE Boom 10.6 m (34'9")
- LRE Stick 7.1 m (23'4")
- GD 0.95 m³ (1.24 yd³)
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level
- Maximum Cutting Height
- Maximum Loading Height
- Minimum Loading Height
- Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom
- Bucket Digging Force - ISO
- Stick Digging Force - ISO
- Main System - Maximum Flow
- 560 l/min (148 gal/min)
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Lift Mode
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Maximum Swing Torque
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 158.5gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 10.5gal (US)
- Engine Oil
- 8.5gal (US)
- Swing Drive
- 4.8gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 2.1gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 98.5gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 42.5gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 21.1gal (US)
- LRE Boom 10.6 m (34'9")
- LRE Stick 7.1 m (23'4")
- GD 0.95 m³ (1.24 yd³)
- Shipping Height - Top of Cab
- Handrail Height
- Shipping Length
- Tail Swing Radius
- Counterweight Clearance
- Ground Clearance
- Track Length
- Track Length to Center of Rollers
- Track Gauge
- Transport Width
Air Conditioning System
- Air Conditioning
- The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.0 kg (2.2 lb) of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 1.430 metric tonnes (1.576 tons).
- Cab Monitor Improvements.
- Continuously improved user interface allows for intuitive navigation, minimizing performance interruption with the easy-to-use touchscreen menu.
- Identify apps quickly with a grid list view, abbreviated app names, and categorized menu options.
- A notification center keeps important information visible to the operator, and displays messages without shrinking the camera view.
- Color coded notifications set critical messages apart from the rest.
- Use the in-monitor QR code to learn about machine and technology features through a full suite of “how-to” videos.
Not all features are available in all regions. Please check with your local Cat dealer for specific offering availability in your area. Build Number: 08C
BOOST EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Boost productivity up to 45% versus traditional grading with standard Cat Grade with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability. Dig with guidance to depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade.
- Standard Cat Payload on-board weighing system helps you achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging. Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and load/cycle counts. Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Take payload data with you. The monitor’s USP port lets you download your results from one shift all the way up to 30 days of work so can manage your progress without needing an internet connection or VisionLink® subscription.
- Upgrade to optional Cat Grade with 3D to create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage’s full range of motion on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor. Know the excavator’s exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems. The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch and roll caused by sloping ground conditions.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like Grade with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
- All Cat Grade systems are compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica. Already invested in a grade infrastructure? You can install grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica onto the machine.
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF MANAGING YOUR EQUIPMENT
- VisionLink® provides actionable data insights for all assets - regardless of fleet size or equipment manufacturer.* Review equipment data from your desktop or mobile device to maximize uptime and optimize assets. Dashboards provide information such as hours, miles, location, idle time, and fuel utilization. Make informed decisions that lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security on your jobsite.
- VisionLink Productivity gathers and summarizes machine telematics and jobsite data from all your equipment – regardless of the manufacture.* View actionable information such as idle time, fuel burn, location, payload, load counts, total cycles, and more to improve machine efficiency, productivity, and utilization. Access data anywhere via a mobile, tablet, or desktop device - on or off the jobsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot is a mobile application that allows your Cat dealer to perform diagnostic testing on your connected machine remotely to help ensure that issues are resolved quickly and with less downtime.
- Remote Flash is a mobile application that allows you to update onboard software without a technician being present, allowing you to initiate software updates when convenient, increasing your overall operating efficiency.
- The Cat PL161 attachment locator allows you to track attachments across all worksites, reduce the number of lost attachments, and plan for attachment maintenance and replacement. The work tool recognition feature automatically adjusts machine settings based on the selected tool.
*Data field availability can vary by equipment manufacturer.
HIGH PERFORMANCE, LOW FUEL CONSUMPTION
- Cat technologies can lower operator fatigue, operating costs, and fuel consumption.
- Match the excavator to the job with three power modes — Power, Smart, and Eco. Smart mode automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, providing max power when needed and reducing power when it isn’t to help save fuel.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. This excavator has a high-ambient capability of 52° C (125° F) and cold start capability of –18° C (0° F).
- Self-sharpening Advansys™ bucket tips increase production and lower costs with more tip life.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth® key fob or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program your power mode and joystick preferences using Operator ID; the excavator will remember them every time you go to work.
- Auto hydraulic oil warmup gets you to work faster in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 254 mm (10in) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- A second 254 mm (10 in) monitor is available for Cat Grade with 3D.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- The Cat PL161 attachment locator is a Bluetooth device designed to let users know where their attachments are across all worksites, reduce the number of lost attachments, and plan for attachment maintenance and replacement. The PL161 integrates easily into VisionLink® for full fleet management of machines and attachments from one smartphone or tablet dashboard to view location and tracking details.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity and ensures all the attachment settings (pressure, flow, and dimensions) are correct so you can work quickly and efficiently.
- Auto hammer stop helps you prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the attachment and excavator. Simply enable it through the monitor, and you and your fellow operators will be warned after 15 seconds of continuous firing followed by automatic shutoff at 30 seconds.
- Make moving the excavator much easier with Cat Stick Steer. Simply push a button and use one hand to travel and turn instead of both hands or feet on levers or pedals.
- Need more lift during your shift? Auto heavy lift gives you 8% more power exactly when you need it for as long as you need it.
EASY TO MAINTAIN
- Boost productivity with proactive service reminders. The integrated vehicle health management system alerts the operator with step-by-step service guidance along with parts needed so you don't experience any unnecessary downtime.
- Expect low maintenance cost due to extended and synchronized service intervals.
- Check hydraulic system oil and easily drain fuel system water and fuel tank water from ground level.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 1,000 hours. Oil and fuel filters are grouped and located on right-hand side of machine for easy maintenance.
- The hydraulic oil filter provides excellent filtration; anti-drain valves keep oil clean when the filter is replaced.
- The high-efficiency cooling system fan has an optional auto reverse function; set the interval you want and it will quickly blow out debris without interrupting your work.
- S·O·SSM ports simplify maintenance and allow for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
WORK IN COMFORT
- Choose between Deluxe and Premium cabs — both with automatic climate control.
- Sit in wide seats that adjust for all size operators.
- Stay warm with the Deluxe seat; stay warm and cool with the Premium seat.
- Enjoy wide spacing between consoles for a more comfortable environment.
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls alllocated in front of you.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
- Work safely under structures or near traffic with standard 2D E-fence integrated right out of the factory, which prevents any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points to avoid hazards and jobsite accidents.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- A travel direction indicator helps operators know which way to activate the travel levers.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of narrow cab pillars, large windows, and a flat engine hood design.
- A ground-level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- A rearview camera is standard. Upgrade to 360° visibility and you’ll easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- Serrated steps and anti-skid punch plate on the service platform help prevent slipping.
- The Cat® C9.3B engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)* or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Cat Grade technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy.
- Auto Engine Speed Control reduces unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Cat® Payload for excavators provides on-the-go material weighing which helps reduce fuel burn by improving loading efficiency, job site productivity, and eliminating trips to the scale.
- Cat® 2D E-fence keeps the front linkage within a predefined work area to avoid hazards such as traffic - not only helping keep personnel safe but also helps you avoid repairs, downtime, and costly job site fines.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
- A well-trained operator is worth the investment. Skilled operators benefit your bottom line by maximizing productivity, avoiding costly downtime, and maintaining jobsite safety – which can help to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
*Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer).
**Tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions from lower-carbon intensity fuels are essentially the same as traditional fuels.
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Cat Stick Steer
- Cat Technology
- VisionLink Productivity
- Cat Grade Connectivity
- Cat Grade 2D with Attachment Ready Option (ARO)
- Cat Grade 3D single GNSS
- Cat Grade 3D dual GNSS
- Cold start block heaters
- Hydraulic reversing fan
- -32°C (-25°F) cold start capability
- Hydraulic System
- SmartBoom™ (Europe only)
- Combined two-way auxiliary circuit with direct return
- Medium-pressure auxiliary circuit
- Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber and CW Dedicated
- Safety And Security
- Cat Command (remote control)
- Boom lowering check valve (standard in Europe)
- Stick lowering check valve (standard in Europe)
- Travel alarm (standard in North America)
- Swing alarm
- 360° visibility
- Service And Maintenance
- Electric refueling pump with automatic shutoff
- QuickEvac™ maintenance ready
- Undercarriage And Structures
- 600mm (24") HD triple grouser track shoes
- 600mm (24") double grouser track shoes
- 700mm (28") triple grouser track shoes
- 850mm (33") triple grouser track shoes