323 Hydraulic Excavator
as standard equipment right from the factory â€” boosting your operator efficiency by up to 45%. Combine these features with a new cab, longer maintenance intervals and reduced fuel consumption that lower maintenance costs by up to 15% and fuel consumption by up to 20% and you have an absolutely low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator built for your heavy-duty applications.
- Engine Model
- Cat C7.1 ACERT
- Net Flywheel Power
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Engine RPM - Operation
- Engine RPM - Travel
- Maximum Drawbar Pull
- Maximum Travel Speed
- Maximum Gradeability
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 86.6gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 6.6gal (US)
- Engine Oil
- 6.6gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 61.8gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 30.4gal (US)
- Swing Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 10.8gal (US)
Dimensions - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Tail Swing Radius
- Ground Clearance
Dimensions - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Transport Width - 790 mm (31 in) Shoes
- Transport Width - 700 mm (28 in) Shoes
- Transport Width - 600 mm (24 in) Shoes
- Track Length - Center of Rollers
- Track Gauge
- Shipping Length
- Shipping Height
- Note (2)
- Reach boom as same dimensions as HD reach boom
- Note (1)
- With HD 1.3m3 bucket and 900 mm shoes.
- Counterweight Clearance
- Transport Width - 900 mm (35 in) Shoes
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Main System - Maximum Flow - Total
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Normal
- Swing Speed
- Maximum Swing Torque
- Operating Weight - North America
- Note (1)
- Long Undercarriage, HD Reach Boom, R 2.9 HD Thumb Ready Reach Stick, HD 1.38 m3 bucket and 790mm HD TG shoes, 5.4mton( 11,900lb) Counterweight.
- Operating Weight - Europe/Australia & New Zealand
- Note (2)
- Long undercarriage, Reach boom, R2.9 (9'6") stick, HD 1.38 m3 (1.81 yd3) bucket and 600mm (24 in) triple grouser shoes, 4.2 mt (9,300 lb) counterweight.
Working Ranges - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Maximum Cutting Height
- Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8'0") Level Bottom
- Maximum Digging Depth
- Maximum Loading Height
- Maximum Reach - Ground Level
- Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth
- Minimum Loading Height
High Performance with Lower Fuel Consumption
• Use up to 20 percent less fuel than the 323F excavator.
• Increase operating efficiency up to 45 percent with standard Cat Connect technologies that lower operator fatigue and your operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
• The C7.1 engine can run on biodiesel up to B20 and meets U.S.EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards with an aftertreatment system that requires no maintenance or downtime.
• The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and effi ciency while giving you the control you need forprecise digging requirements.
• Match the excavator to the job with power modes; let Smart mode automatically match engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions.
• Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
• Available SmartBoom™ lets the boom freely travel up and down
without using any pump flow so operators can focus on stick and
bucket work. The benefits are reduced operator stress and reduced
• Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has
a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 52° C (125° F)
and cold start capability of –18° C (0° F). An optional –32° C (–25° F)
cold start package is available.
Boost Efficiency and Boost Productivity with Integrated Cat Connect
• Boost productivity up to 45 percent versus traditional grading withstandard Cat GRADE with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability.
– Dig with guidance to depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade.
You can set up to four different target depth and slope offsets to help save time and money. When the job calls for a different offset, quickly switch through the monitor and get to work.
– The 2D system is upgradable to Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D
orCat GRADE with 3D.
• Standard Grade Assist:
– Stay on grade – simply and effortlessly – with single-lever digging.
– Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically
maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching
applications for easy, accurate, and fast jobs.
– Keep the tracks on ground in lifting and hard digging with BoomAssist.
– Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
• Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system:
– Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging.
– Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and
– Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes.
– Combine Payload with VisionLink®
and remotely manage your production targets.
• Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D:
– Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor.
• Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D:
– Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage’s full range of motion on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor.
– Use the excavator’s onboard cell technology to quickly connect to 3D services like Trimble Connected Community or Virtual Reference Station.
– Know the excavator’s exact position relative to GPS and
– The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch
androll caused by sloping ground conditions.
– Antennas have theft-prevention bolts; a special tool makes them
easy for the owner to remove at the end of a shift.
• Remote Services:
– Remote Troubleshoot connects you to a dealer service pro to help solve your problem and quickly get you to work.
– Remote Flash works around your schedule to ensure your machine’s software is up to date for optimal performance.
– The Cat App helps you manage fleet location, hours, and maintenance schedules; it also alerts you for required maintenance and even allows you to request service from your local Cat dealer.
• Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink online interface, helping you improve job site efficiency with lower operating costs.
Work in Comfort in the All-New Cab
• Choose between Deluxe and Premium cabs – both with automatic
• The Deluxe seat is heated and air adjustable.
• The Premium seat is heated and cooled and adjusts automatically.
• Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console.
• Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration up to 50 percent
over previous excavator models.
• Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls alllocated in front of you.
• Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storagebeneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. Acup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coathook are also provided.
• Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth®technology toconnect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
Simple to Operate
• Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
• Program your power mode and joystick preferences using OperatorID; the excavator will remember what you set each time
you go to work.
• Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 254 mm (10 in)
touchscreen monitor, or with the aid of the jog dial control.
• A second 254 mm (10 in) monitor is available for the advanced gradecontrol.
• Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator?
Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
• Find the tool you need – even if it’s hidden beneath overgrowth or debris. The excavator’s onboard Bluetooth reader can search for any work tool equipped with Cat asset tracking devices up toarange of 60 m (200 ft).
• Expect up to 20 percent less maintenance cost than the 323F.
(Savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours.)
• Do all daily maintenance at ground level.
• Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new ground-level
engine oil dipstick; fill and check engine oil on top of the machine
with a conveniently located second dipstick.
• Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
• Do no required maintenance on the Cat Clean Emissions Module.
• Fuel filters are synchronized to be changed at 1,000 hours – doublethe interval from the previous filters.
• Expect the new air intake filter with precleaner to last up to 1,000hours – a 100 percent increase over the previous filter.
• The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50percent longer than previous filter designs.
• High-efficiency cooling fans run only when needed; you can program intervals so they automatically reverse to keep cores clean without interrupting your work.
• S·O·S SMports are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allowing for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
• Lift Assist helps you avoid tipping. With visual and auditory alerts,you’ll know if your load is within the excavator’s safe working range limits.
• The standard 2D E-fence feature integrated right out of the factoryprevents the excavator from moving outside operator defined set points.
• Access 100 percent of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the excavator.
• The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
• Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows,
anda flat engine hood design.
• The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position.
• Ground-level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
• A rearview camera and a right-side-view camera are standard.
Upgrade to 360° visibility and you’ll easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
• New right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and
quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps
use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
• Available boom and stick lowering check valves prevent reverse flow, keeping your front linkage securely in place should the hydraulic system unexpectedly lose power.
• The handrails comply with ISO 2867:2011 requirements.
- Cat Connect Technology
- Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D
- Cat GRADE with 3D
- 52° C (125° F) high-ambient cooling capacity
- Hydraulic System
- Hammer return filter circuit
- Combined flow/high pressure aux circuit
- Medium pressure aux circuit
- Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber
- Boom /Stick lowering check valves (BLCV/SLCV)
- Heavy lift configuration
- Undercarriage And Guards
- Heavy-Duty bottom guard for demolition
- Standard swivel guard for demolition
- Heavy-Duty travel motor guards for demolition
- 4200 kg (9,260 lb) counterweight
- Semi-HD swing frame for 4200 kg counterweight
- Standard Swing bearing for 4200 kg counterweight
- Base frame with HD track rollers and standard carrier rollers for 4200 kg counterweight
- Track guiding guard, full length
- SD base frame w/ SD track rollers & SD carrier rollers
- Boom,sticks & Linkages
- 600 mm (24") single grouser track shoes
- 700 mm (28 ") triple grouser HD track shoes
- 790 mm (31 ") triple grouser HD track shoes
- 900 mm (35") triple grouser HD track shoes
- 5.7 m (18'8") HD reach boom +2.9 m (9'6") HD stick for demolition
- VA boom (2.8m (9'2") stub + 3.3m (10'10") fore)- Europe only
- Bucket linkage, B1-family with lifting eye
- Bucket linkage , B1-family without power link with Lifting Eye ( Europe only)
- Power link kit , B1-family with lifting Eye (Europe only)
- Electrical System
- 1000 CCA maintenance-free batteries (x4) for cold starting capability -32C°
- LED chassis light, LH & RH boom lights ,cab lights w/ cover and rain protector - 850 lumens, for use with 360° visibility
- LED chassis light, LH & RH boom lights for VAB, cab lights - 850 lumens (Europe only)
- LED chassis light, LH & RH boom lights for VAB, cab lights w/ cover and rain protector - 850 lumens, for use with 360° visibility (Europe only)
- Service & Maintenance
- Preventative maintenance ready (Quick-Evac)
- Safety & Security
- 360° visibility
- Radiator screen
- Right hand side mirror (Europe only)
- Rearview and right hand sideview camera
- Premium Cab Upgrades, Standard Plus
- ROPS, advanced sound suppression
- High resolution 10" (254 mm) LCD touch screen monitor (Only for use with 360° visibility).
- High resolution 10" (254 mm) LCD touch screen monitor + additional monitor (Only for use with 360° visibility and Cat Grade with Advanced 2D or Cat Grade with 3D).
- Seat ventilator
- Parallel wiper with lower parallel w/wisher
- Roller rear sunscreen
- Rain protector and cab light covers (Only for use with 360° visibility.).
- Heavy duty buckets 1.19m3(1.56yd3), 1.3m3(1.71yd3), 1.38m3 (1.81 yd3),