735 Articulated Truck
The Cat 735 with a 20 m³ (26.2 yd³)/32 tonnes (35.3 tons) capacity, offers demonstrated reliability and durability, high performance and productivity and a new world-class cab to improve operator ...
The Cat 735 with a 20 m³ (26.2 yd³)/32 tonnes (35.3 tons) capacity, offers demonstrated reliability and durability, high performance and productivity and a new world-class cab to improve operator comfort and ease of operation.<br>Updating the successful 735C to include the new cab design makes the 735 a more attractive proposition for our customers. Class leading levels of performance and new features such as Advanced Automatic Traction Control (AATC) and Assisted Hoisting Control create operator comfort, making a productive machine all day long while retaining all axle enclosed wet brakes and Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS).
- Engine Model
- Cat® C13
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349)
- Peak Engine Torque Speed
- The 735 meets Tier 4 Final and Stage V emission standards.
- Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)
- Note (3)
- The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, muffler and fan at minimum speed.
- No Engine De-rating Below
- Note (2)
- The power ratings apply at rated speed of 1,800 rpm when tested under the conditions for the specified standard.
- Net Power - ISO 14396
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Note (5)
- DEF used in Cat SCR systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241-1. ISO 22241-1 requirements are met by many brands of DEF, including those that carry the AdBlue or API certificatio
- Note (4)
- Net power when the fan is at maximum speed is 254 kW (341 hp) per the SAE reference conditions.
- Note (1)
- The references to Tier 4 Final/Stage V include U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), and Korea Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- Engine Model - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V
- Cat C13
- Rated Payload
- 35.3ton (US)
- Heaped (SAE 2:1)
- Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1
- Tailgate Struck
- Forward - 1
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 4
- Forward - 5
- Forward - 6
- Reverse - 1
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 108.8gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 21.9gal (US)
- Hydraulic System
- 29.1gal (US)
- Engine Crankcase
- 10gal (US)
- 12.3gal (US)
- Final Drives/Differential
- 33gal (US)
- Output Transfer Gear Box
- 5.5gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 5.3gal (US)
- Interior Cab
- Note (2)
- Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in noisy environments.
- Note (1)
- The operator sound exposure Leq (equivalent sound pressure level) measured according to the work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98 is 72 dB(A), for the cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with the
- Raise Time
- Lower Time
- ISO 3450 – 2011
- Cab - FOPS
- ISO 3449 Level II – 2005
- Cab - ROPS
- ISO 3471 – 2008
- ISO 5010 – 2007
- Total - Loaded
- Front Axle - Empty
- Total - Rated Load
- Rear Axle - Loaded
- Rear Axle - Empty
- Center Axle - Empty
- Center Axle - Rated Load
- Front Axle - Loaded
- Total - Empty
- Front Axle - Rated Load
- Rear Axle - Rated Load
- Center Axle - Loaded
- Lock to Lock
- 4.75 seconds @ 60 rpm
- High strength Brinell HB450 wear resistant steel
- Turning Dimensions - SAE Turning Radius
- Turning Dimensions - Inside Radius
- Turning Dimensions - Clearance Radius
- Dimensions are for machines equipped with 750/65 R25 tires.
- Turning Dimensions - Steer Angle - Left/Right
- Turning Dimensions - Aisle Width
Optimal Loader/Truck Pass Matching
- Hydraulic Excavators: 336F/336F XE - Passes
- An optimum system match gives you a major productivity advantage. The 735 is an excellent match for the Cat 349F and 336F Hydraulic Excavators; and Cat 972M, 966M, 962M and 950M Wheel Loaders. Having matched loading and hauling tools results in increased
- Hydraulic Excavators: 349F/349F XE - Passes
- Wheel Loaders: 972M/972M XE - Passes
- Wheel Loader: 962M - Passes
- Wheel Loader: 950M - Passes
- Wheel Loaders: 966M/966M XE - Passes
Body Plate Thickness
- Base Plate
- Front Plate
- Side Plates
- Every Tier 4 Final/Stage IV and EU Stage V Cat engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized impact of emission systems: designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Delivering better fuel economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
- Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
- All Cat engines feature innovative air-management systems that optimize airflow and enhance power, efficiency and reliability.
- The Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS) captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
- Cat engines equipped with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system inject Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into the exhaust to reduce NOx emissions. DEF is a precisely mixed solution of 32.5 percent high purity chemical grade urea and 67.5 percent de-ionized water.
- Advanced Automatic Traction Control (AATC) proactively applies inter- and cross-axle differential locks ‘on-the-go.’ Operators are freed from this function to concentrate on driving/loading/dumping. Sensors monitor the machine and wheel speeds, enabling instant response in high rolling resistance conditions. Operation is seamless and smooth, eliminating wheel slip for maximum traction and productivity.
- Clutches are automatically disengaged when ground conditions allow, maximizing efficiency when steering or when on uneven ground.
- AATC reduces tire and driveline abuse, eliminating lost machine efficiencies caused by improper manual operation of the differential clutches and reducing the tire wear.
- Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) automates the retarder for the operator. Like AATC, a number of machine operating aspects are monitored. If required, the engine compression brake is engaged automatically to control machine speed when descending a grade. The system can help towards eliminating engine overspeed, improving safe machine operation and reducing cycle times, yet still having the flexibility of manual control if needed.
- New Assisted Hoisting Control automates the dumping function. Flick the new body raise/lower switch and the machine will apply the service brakes, switch the transmission to neutral and raise the body at the required engine rpm. Lowering the dump body is done the same way, flick the switch and the machine will lower the body and place it in float.
- Hill Assist reduces potential ‘roll-back’ on grades. If an operator stops the machine on a grade, when taking his foot off the service brake pedal, the machine will automatically hold the service brakes to prevent machine rolling backwards.
- The waiting brake applies the service brakes when neutral gear is selected, allowing quick and easy control of the machine at the load or dump area.
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION
- All three axles promote stability using oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods. Operate at productive speeds with confidence while virtually eliminating impact loads on truck components.
- The front suspension oscillates ±6° controlled by large-bore, low-pressure cylinders to assist in a smooth ride.
- The rear suspension features a walking beam and long-life suspension mounts optimizing ride and load retention.
- New fully enclosed wet disc brake systems inside of axles keeps contaminants out extending machine life and ensuring uptime.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL
- Spacious cab delivers comfort all shift long and is 7dB quieter than prior model.
- Unique combination hoist/transmission lever is intuitive and enhances cycle times with fewer control movements.
- Trainer/passenger seat is fully padded with wide, retractable seat belt for security and comfort.
- New large side storage box is heated/cooled by the HVAC system.
- Air-suspension seat offers greater comfort, with a greater range of adjustments. Fore/aft isolation dramatically reduces vibrations and jolts. Every operator will find a adjustments to ensure comfort and control all shift long.
- Standard cooling/heating system ensures comfort in all conditions.
- Optional four-point seat belt is available to help operator stay in position and comfortable in rugged terrain.
- Integrated, wrap-around dash means all gauges and controls are easy to monitor and access. Automotive feel with Caterpillar's renowned industrial strength.
- Color display panel provides performance and condition pages, and includes video feed from the rearview camera and machine payload (when fitted).
- Optional Bluetooth™ entertainment system allows operator to stay in hands-free phone contact.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Box section front frame absorb is stiff to handle torque loads. Frame design decreases stress at the hitch and optimizes suspension geometry.
- Rear frame features twin-box construction minimizing stress points and enhancing service life.
- Front axle suspension provides excellent ride via a three-point oscillating design.
- Articulating/oscillating hitch provides steering control and keeps all wheels on the ground in the toughest terrain.
- Dump body design provides a large target area for consistent high-load carrying capacity increasing productivity. Diverging flow when dumping aids material flow out of the body maximizing productivity and avoiding carry-back.
- Output transfer gear distributes power to tractor and trailer for optimum traction. Wet clutch ensures longevity.
- Dual-circuit, all-wheel braking system uses full-power hydraulic system actuating enclosed, oil immersed, multi-disc brakes. Independent front and rear circuits and accumulators deliver smooth control.
- Center axle parking brake is elevated away from damage. Spring applied with hydraulic release.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Cat Product Link wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink user interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower costs.
- Cat Production Measurement brings payload weighing to the cab to help optimize job site efficiency and productivity. Operators can view real-time load weights on the integrated display and know precisely when target is achieved, while cab-mounted external payload lights on all four corners signal the loader operator when to stop, reducing the risk of machine overloading. Operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to truck payload weights, loads and cycle counts, and daily totals; or remotely via LINK technologies.
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist warns the operator if machine is approaching a pre-set angle during operation; when driving and tipping. If using the assisted hoist, the machine will stop hoisting the body and give an audible and visual warning. The system monitors angles of tractor, trailer and grade independently. This increases operator awareness of machine stability during operation. All tractor and/or trailer rollover events are logged and reported via VisionLink.
BECAUSE UPTIME COUNTS
- Caterpillar design, manufacturing and customer service help ensure peak performance and uptime.
- Long service intervals keep your machine operating.
- Lubrication points are grouped near the hitch for fast, easy routine maintenance.
- Universal joints are sealed and lubed for long life.
- Optional autolube system saves time and includes alerts via Product Link for low levels and fault codes.
- Radiator package is located behind the cab for protection and uses extended-life coolant to stretch change intervals.
- Electrical service center is located inside the cab and provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector for use with Electronic Technician (ET) software-equipped laptop computer.
- Easy access to transmission, drive shafts, hydraulic pumps and electrical and hydraulic interfaces provided with tilt-to-side cab and access panel.
- Service points are conveniently located on the left side of the engine, under the electrically raised hood.
- Complete customer support is the goal of your Cat dealership. From counsel of product selection, operating costs, operation, maintenance all the way to help with decisions on when and whether to replace or rebuild, your dealer is with you all the way.
MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- Caterpillar designs and functions with great concern for the environment.
- Cat C13 engine incorporates the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards. The system uses both Ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or up to B20 bio-diesel blended with ULSD.
- All Cat C Series Articulated Trucks are designed for long lifecycles with machines using reman components and machine rebuilds to maximize use of every part, minimizing waste.
- Volume of both hydraulic and engine oil systems has be reduced meaning less waste when oils are replaced.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Seat belt in use indicator (four-point seat belt available as an option)
- Operator presence detection (prevents gear engagement when operator is not seated)
- Additional mirror for front of machine visibility
- Cab mounted, wide angled, folding mirrors
- Heated mirrors (optional)
- Body raised visual indicator
- Cab integral Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Object Protection System (FOPS)
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering system automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed and can be manually selected for machine recovery purposes
- Extensive handrails
- External electrical system disconnect switch for easy access from outside of the machine
- Fire extinguisher in-cab mounting point
- Fully raised body locking pin
- Ground level external engine fuel cut-off switch provides easy access outside of the machine
- In-cab emergency brake switch (tertiary)
- Internal and external grab handles
- LED-flashing beacon (optional)
- Maximum speed limiter
- Multiple camera compatible
- New access lights
- Rearview camera system is fitted as standard
- Reversing indicator
- Slip resistant walkways – punched steel plate
- The parking brake functions are spring applied and hydraulic released
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Operator Environment
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Adjustable air vents
- Retractable belt: Operator seat and second seat
- Glass windows:
– Front, laminated and tinted
– Sides and rear, toughened and tinted
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD):
– Alert indicator
– Selected gear and direction
– Speed or auto shift
– Review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM)
– Primary steering failure warning
– Seat belt warning
– Secondary steering failure warning
– Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration filter
– Machine Security System (MSS)
– Secondary steering energy source engaged
– Hour meter
– Retarder active
- Air conditioning with R134A refrigerant
- Mirrors: extensive arrangement for improved visibility
- Combined gear selection and hoist control lever
– Operator: fully adjustable, air suspension
– Trainer: padded with lap belt
- Sun visor
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed (rear)
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed, intermittent (front)
- Windows opening side, tinted
– Cup holder
– Flask receptacle
– Under seat storage
– Door pocket
– Behind operator seat storage
– Coat hook
- Touchscreen display incorporating the rearview camera video feed
- Secondary steering – electro hydraulic
- Heater and defroster with four-speed fan
- Machine operation monitoring system includes:
– Action lamp
– Engine oil pressure
– Primary steering system
– Left and right turn signal
– High beam
– Coolant temperature
– Parking brake
– Fuel level
– Transmission oil temperature
– Brake system
– Transmission hold
– Hoist control
– Hydraulic system
– Charging system
– Transmission fault
– Traction control system
– Check engine lamp
- Cat Technologies
- Cat Detect with Stability Assist
- Product Link
- Electrical And Lighting
- Remote starting receptacle (cables not included)
- Lighting systems:
– Cab interior
– Two head lamps
– Two width marker
– Two reversing
– Work light/cab access light
– Two stop/tail lights
– Front and rear direction indicators
- Main disconnect switch
- Electrical system: 24-volt, 10A 24- to 12-volt converter
- Batteries (two) maintenance free
- Power Train
- Differentials: standard with automatic clutched inter- and cross-axle differential locks
- Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) and exhaust aftertreatment package
- Cat C13 engine
- Three axle, six-wheel drive
- Retarder: engine compression brake
- Dual circuit oil immersed, enclosed brakes – all wheels
- Auto shift six-speed forward and one reverse transmission
- Rearview camera
- ROPS/FOPS cab
- Reverse alarm
- Front dump body spill guard, integral part of fabricated body
- Rear window
- Other Standard Equipment
- Tires, six 750/65 R25
- Mud flaps: wheel arch and body mounted with transportation tiebacks
- S·O·S sampling valves
- Vandalism protection: lockable caps
- Sound suppression (only standard in Europe)
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Optional Equipment
- Engine block heater
- Heated rearview motorized mirrors
- Scissor tailgate
- Ether start
- Flashing LED beacon
- Cold weather start attachment
- Infrared glass – high ambient cab
- Product Link Elite: PLE631 (satellite), PLE641 (cellular). Product Link is optional.
- Bare chassis (no body) standard wheel base
- Fuel additive – anti-waxing
- Body liners
- Bare chassis (no body) long wheel base
- Four-point seat belt
- Auto lube installation for automatic greasing of bearings
- Cat Production Measurement payload monitoring system
- Sound suppression (only standard in Europe)
- Fast fuel fill
- Heated/cooled seat
- Roof mounted High Intensity Discharge (HID) work lights
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Bluetooth radio stereo system
- Exhaust heated body
- Cold weather coolant –51° C (–60° F)
- Window blinds
- Wheel chocks