Cat® Water Delivery System Retrofit Kit
- Water Coverage
- 0.8 L/m² at speeds of 4 to 40 kph (0.02 gal/ft² at speeds of 3 to 25 mph)
- Cannon Capacity
- 2,839 liters per min up to 60 meters (750 gallons per min up to 200 ft)
The Cat® Water Delivery System improves safety by providing variable water flow based on truck speed, preventing the hazards common with over-watering. With automated water delivery, the operator can remain focused on driving and traffic. Remote tank fill control allows the operator to stay in the cab during refilling, which reduces slip hazards. When the water tank is full, the auto shut-off feature prevents over-filling and also results in increased component life. The system features automatic start and stop, based on truck speed, which eliminates over-watering at road intersections to improve safety for all vehicles on site.
Caterpillar tests show that the Cat® Water Delivery System's efficient pump control reduces fuel consumption by an average of 14%. The water cannon operates at idle, which reduces fuel consumption during cannon operation by up to 50%.
The Cat® Water Delivery System delivers a uniform spray of large water droplets for optimal gallons per square yard (liters per square meter) across the haul road. Caterpillar tests show that the Cat Water Delivery System can reduce water consumption by 25-50% compared to conventional water systems.
The Cat® Water Delivery System features integrated and durable ergonomic cab controls that are both user friendly and easy to learn. Seven programmable automatic configurations are provided as well as intermittent spray in automatic or manual modes. The spray patterns are customizable to meet specific job site needs. And the efficient variable hydraulic pump and motor allow the truck to spend more time on the road and less time at refilling stations.
The Cat® Water Delivery System delivers reliability through stainless steel components and self-cleaning spray head nozzles, reducing maintenance. The monitor automatically displays diagnostic messages regarding water, hydraulics and electrical issues for quick resolution to keep the system running.
The Cat® Water Delivery System is a premium product that offers a quick payback due to the significant savings in fuel, water, parts, and maintenance costs compared to conventional systems.
- Dealer installed
- Integrated into cab
- Water System Monitor
- Integrated into cab
- Programmable spray configurations
- Automatic diagnostic messages
- Variable Hydraulic Pump Drive
- 1,200 gpm at speeds of 3 to 25 mph
- Auto shut-off
- Soft startup
- Stainless Steel Spray Heads
- Resists corrosion
- Mainentance free
- Patented design
- Independent Hydraulic & Cooling System
- Minimizes overheating
- Water Cannon
- Hydraulically controlled
- Optional nozzles
- Integrated joystick with cab controls
- Operates at idle for added fuel savings
- Parts & Service
- Available through global Cat Dealer Network
- Water Tank
- Contact your local Cat dealer or Caterpillar OEM Solutions at email@example.com for assistance in obtaining water tanks through local suppliers worldwide.