247B Series 3 Multi Terrain Loader
- Engine Model
- Cat® C2.2 T
- Net Power
- Gross Power
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Net Power - ISO 9249 EEC
- Net Power - SAE 1349
- Rated Operating Capacities - 50% Tipping Load
- Rated Operating Capacities - 35% Tipping Load
- Ground Contact Area
- Ground Pressure
- Tipping Load
- Breakout Force - Tilt Cylinder
- Travel Speed Forward
- Travel Speed Reverse
- Operating Weight
Service Refill Capacities
- Cooling System
- 2.6gal (US)
- Engine Crankcase
- 2.6gal (US)
- Fuel Tank
- 17gal (US)
- Hydraulic System
- 14.5gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 9.2gal (US)
- Length - Track on Ground
- Overall Length - Track
- Length - With Bucket on Ground
- Length - Without Bucket
- Height - Top of Cab
- Vehicle Width
- Maximum Overall Height
- Bucket Pin Height - Maximum Lift
- Bucket Pin Height - Carry Position
- Reach at Maximum Lift/Dump
- Clearance at Maximum Lift and Dump
- Ground Clearance
- Departure Angle
- Maximum Dump Angle
- Turn Radius from Center - Rear
- Turn Radius from Center - Coupler
- Turn Radius from Center - Bucket
- Maximum Reach - With Arms Parallel
- Rack Back Angle - Maximum Height
- SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:1994
- SAE J1043 SEPT87, ISO 3449:1992 Level I
- FOPS Level II
- SAE J231 JAN81, ISO 3449:1992 Level II
- Hydraulic Flow
- Loader Hydraulic Pressure
- Loader Hydraulic Flow
- Hydraulic Power
- All Day Comfort
Comfort and ease of operation have been designed into every aspect of the operator station. The wide, spacious interior and uncluttered floor provide a comfortable work environment with excellent head, shoulder and leg room to keep productivity high and fatigue low. The adjustable seat and low effort controls keep the operator comfortable throughout the work day.
- Low Effort Joystick Controls
Ergonomic, pilot hydraulic controls deliver precise control with minimal effort. The right joystick controls the loader raise, lower and tilt functions while the left joystick controls the forward and reverse travel speed plus direction. Optional deluxe joysticks provide additional auxiliary controls with fingertip control of many work tool functions, including proportional work tool hydraulics and work tool electrical. Basic and deluxe joystick functions include one-touch continuous auxiliary hydraulic flow and momentary auxiliary hydraulic flow.
- Excellent Visibility
The wide cab opening offers an exceptional view to the work tool. The sloped angle of the engine compartment allows excellent visibility to the rear of the machine. The standard rear view mirror gives the operator a panoramic view of the machine's rear and sides. The side windows remove easily for cleaning.
- Additional Features for Maximum Comfort
The B-Series 3 machines offer the following additional features to help you on the job:
- Suspension seat option for even greater operator comfort.
- Easy to read instrument panels.
- Optional air conditioner and heater for greater comfort in extreme conditions.
- Standard floormat with footrest provides non-slip surface and can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic, contoured and padded armbar provides comfortable operation.
- Multi Terrain Loader Undercarriage
The Cat 247B Series 3 and 257B Series 3 Multi Terrain Loaders feature a fully suspended, rugged, durable rubber track that is lightweight and pliable, yet reinforced with high tensile strength cords. The undercarriage provides extremely low ground pressure, allowing these machines to operate over sensitive surfaces and in soft underfoot conditions. The single level suspension undercarriage distributes the load and greatly reduces shock and vibration throughout the machine for a comfortable ride and excellent bucket load retention. The Cat Multi Terrain Loader undercarriage also features:
- Heavy duty torsion axles that suspend each side of the machine frame independently for a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Components that are replaceable as individual wear items, reducing owning and operating costs.
- Ground pressure rating of 27.3 kPa (4.0 psi) for the 247B Series 3 and 31 kPa (4.5 psi) for the 257B Series 3.
- Cat Engine
The high performance power train provides high engine horsepower and torque. The B-Series 3 machines feature rugged, reliable Cat engines that meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIA emissions requirements.
- Hand and Foot Throttles
Hand and foot throttles allow the operator to match engine speed to the task. The hand throttle is ideal for jobs requiring constant engine speed such as cold planing, trenching or snow blowing. The foot throttle lets the operator vary engine speed and minimize fuel consumption for other tasks such as load and carry, truck loading, grading and dozing.
- Anti-Stall Feature
The anti-stall system maximizes machine power at all times by matching the engine torque with the operational requirements of the hystat and implement systems. This load sensing feature prevents the engine from stalling even during part throttle operation, keeping productivity high and fuel consumption low.
- Radial Lift
The 247B Series 3, with its radial lift design, delivers excellent digging performance with superior mid-lift reach.
- High Performance Hydraulic System
Maximum power and reliability are built into the machine's hydraulic system. In addition to providing power to the tracks, this system also provides the loader lift and tilt functions, powers the auxiliary circuit to drive work tools and drives the engine cooling fan. The hydraulic pumps are driven directly off the engine for maximum hydraulic performance and reliability - no belts are used. The hydraulic system also features:
- Standard auxiliary hydraulics to power work tools that are available through quick connect hydraulic couplings rigidly mounted to the loader arm.
- Cat ToughGuard™ hoses for increased reliability and durability.
- High Efficiency Cooling System
Cooling capacity is maximized through the use of a side-by-side cooling package and hydraulically driven cooling fan.
- High-efficiency, hydraulic oil cooler lets the machine work longer and harder in higher ambient temperatures, even with continuous work tool usage.
- Efficient, hydraulically driven cooling fan provides cooling even when the machine is under load.
- Optional variable speed demand fan provides improved fuel efficiency, increased machine performance, reduced sound levels and improved cold weather performance.
- The Right Tool for the Job
Get the most out of your machine with the comprehensive line of Cat Work Tools. Designed and built for optimum performance and durability, these tools deliver high productivity in a variety of applications to maximize the versatility and flexibility of the Cat Compact Track Loader and Multi Terrain Loader:
- Blades (angle, dozer)
- Buckets (general purpose, high capacity, dirt, utility, light material, multi purpose, industrial grapple, utility grapple)
- Brooms (angle, pickup, utility)
- Cold Planers
- Forks (pallet, industrial grapple, utility grapple, utility)
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Landscape Tillers
- Landscape Rakes
- Material Handling Arm
- Power Box Rakes
- Snow Blowers
- Stump Grinders
- Vibratory Compactors
- Wheel Saws
- Quick Couplers
Work tools can be changed quickly and easily with the machine's quick coupler system. The standard quick coupler features manual engagement and disengagement of work tools using two high leverage handles. The optional hydraulic quick coupler allows the operator to quickly change tools without leaving the cab.
- Easy Service
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Industry exclusive tilt-up cooling package provides superior access to service points and coolers.
- Rear door opens 90 degrees for easy access to both sides of the engine.
- Cab tilts rearward for easy access to all hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, lines and hydraulic tank.
- Daily maintenance points are easily accessible.
- Electrical wiring is color coded and numbered for easy identification.
- SOS oil sampling valve is standard to allow regular monitoring of the hydraulic oil quality.
- Superior Dealer Services
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after.
- Make comparisons of machines, with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and cost of production
- Financing packages are flexible to meet your needs
- Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost to repair, rebuild and replace your machine, so you can make the right decision
- For more information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us at www.cat.com.
- 12 volt Electrical System
- 85 ampere Alternator
- Automatic Glow Plug Activation
- Ignition Key Start/Stop Switch
- Lights: Gauge backlighting, two rear tail lights, two adjustable front and rear halogen lights, dome light
- Operator Environment
- Gauges: Fuel level, hour meter
- Operator Warning System Indicators: Air filter restriction, alternator output, armrest raised/operator out of seat, engine coolant temperature, engine oil pressure, glow plug activation, hydraulic filter restriction, hydraulic oil temperature, parking brake engaged
- Vinyl seat
- Pull Down Ergonomic Contoured Armrest
- Control Interlock System, when operator leaves seat or armrest raised: Hydraulic system disables, hydrostatic transmission disables, parking brake engages
- ROPS Cab, Open, Tilt Up
- FOPS, Level I
- Top and Rear Windows
- Floor Mat
- Interior Rear View Mirror
- 12 volt Electric Socket
- Backup Alarm
- Power Train
- Cat C2.2 T Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIA Compliant Diesel Engine
- Air Cleaner, Dual Element, Radial Seal
- SOSSM Sampling Valve, Hydraulic Oil
- Filters, Spin-on, Hydraulic
- Filters, Bayonet-type, Fuel and Water Separator
- Tilt Up Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- Muffler, Standard
- Spring Applied, Hydraulically Released Parking Brake
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- Engine Enclosure, Lockable
- Extended Life Antifreeze, -36° C (-33° F)
- Machine Tie Down Points (4)
- Support, Lift Arm
- Hydraulic Oil Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator Coolant Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator, Expansion Bottle
- Cat ToughGuard™ Hose
- Auxiliary, Hydraulics, Continuous Flow
- Heavy Duty, Flat Faced Quick Disconnects
- Split D-Ring to Route Work Tool Hoses Along Side of Left Lift Arm
- Electrical Outlet, Beacon
- Belly Pan Cleanout
- Mandatory Equipment
- Quick Coupler, Mechanical or Hydraulic
- Seat Belt, 50 mm (2 in) or 75 mm (3 in)
- EU Preparation Package (includes Demand Fan) (Europe only)
- Comfort Package (must select one of the following):
- Open ROPS (C0): Static Seat
- Open ROPS (C1): Suspension Seat, Deluxe Headliner
- Enclosed ROPS (C2): Features of C1 Package plus Heater, Cab Door, Side Windows, Cup Holder, Cab Debris Barrier
- Enclosed ROPS (C3): Features of C2 Package plus Air Conditioner
- Control Package (must select one of the following):
- Control Package 1: On/Off Auxiliary Hydraulics Basic
- Control Package 2: Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics Deluxe
- Control Package 3: Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics Deluxe, Work Tool Harness