325F L Hydraulic Excavator
4 Final C4.4 ACERT engine that's miserly on fuel paired with a state-of-the-art hydraulic system that's responsive to your every command. Each pull of the â€œsticksâ€? will feel like a natural extension of yourself â€“ with the inhuman ability to lift roughly 12 246 kg (27,000 lb). This smooth, controlled power puts you in place to literally move tons of material all day long with tremendous speed, precision, and confidence. When you add in robust structures that keep you grounded and balanced, an operator environment that enhances your comfort and productivity, service points that make your routine maintenance fast and simple, available Cat Grade Control to help you create precise planes and slopes with ease, and multiple Cat work tools and tool control system that enable you to quickly take on a variety of tasks, you simply won't find a better built, more reliable, more versatile, or more rewarding excavator in its size class â€“ from any company, anywhere. Bottom line: If your work takes you into tight spaces and you need the absolute best performance at the lowest cost per unit of work that you can possibly get from a 25-ton excavator, take along a Cat 325F. You will be glad you did.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C4.4 ACERT
- Net Flywheel Power
- Engine Power - ISO 14396
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- The 325F L meets Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- Operating Weight
- Long Undercarriage, Reach Boom, R 2.9 m (9'6") Stick, 1.19 m3 (1.56 yd3) bucket and 790 mm (31") TG shoes.
- Maximum Drawbar Pull
- Maximum Travel Speed
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 86.6gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 7.9gal (US)
- Engine Oil
- 6.6gal (US)
- Swing Drive
- 2.1gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 74gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 33.8gal (US)
- DEF Tank Capacity
- 4.9gal (US)
- Final Drive
- 2.1gal (US)
- Swing Speed
- Swing Torque
- Stick Cylinder - Bore
- Stick Cylinder - Stroke
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Lift Mode
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Normal
- Pilot System - Maximum Flow
- Boom Cylinder - Bore
- Pilot System - Maximum Pressure
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Main System - Maximum Flow - Implement
- Boom Cylinder - Stroke
- Bucket Cylinder - Bore
- Bucket Cylinder - Stroke
- ISO 6395 - Exterior
- ISO 6396 - Inside Cab
- Number of Carrier Rollers - Each Side
- Number of Shoes - Each Side
- Number of Track Rollers - Each Side
- A Logical Layout
All major hydraulic components are strategically located close together. This positioning leads to reduced friction loss and pressure drops, and the result is more hydraulic horsepower for the heavy-lifting, ground-breaking work you need to get done.
- A Forceful, Responsive Design
The 325F features a negative flow control hydraulic system. In layman's terms, negative flow control decreases pump flow when oil pressure increases and vice versa. The net result is the pump and valve operate in harmony with less energy and less wear and tear. What's really new with the 325F is the hydraulic valve's electronic control. Integrated with the electronic engine, the hydraulic power with electronic control is smoother and more responsive than traditional hydraulic control. It also contributes to less energy consumption and less wear and tear, and both of those translate into lower owning and operating costs for you.
- Valves For Added Efficiency
The 325F is built with a back-to-back main control valve, and the benefit to you is reduced pressure loss and fuel consumption due to the shorter distance oil has to travel. The machine also features special boom and stick valves that recirculate oil flow in the cylinders during work instead of going all the way back to the tank. The valves contribute to energy savings, but their primary benefit is allowing more oil to flow to other functions so you can experience faster cycle times and more production.
- Tool Control For Enhanced Performance
Tool control is a distinct Cat excavator advantage that adds incredible convenience and enhanced performance to your everyday work. The electronic system stores flows and pressures for up to 20 work tools right in the cab monitor, eliminating the need to calibrate tools every time you make a change out front. It works with both one- and two-way-flow tools, and it can be outfitted with a third pump and medium-pressure circuit so you can use tools like shears, grapples, and tilt buckets. Standard high-pressure circuits make the tools open and close; medium-pressure circuits enable them to rotate. Adding an optional quick coupler circuit makes tool changes even faster for maximum productivity.
- Other Cat Exclusive Hydraulics Advantages
Main Pump – The purpose of the main pump is to convert the engine's mechanical energy into hydraulic energy, and the 325F's pump does that job very well. Its displacement (amount of fluid pumped per revolution) is high so the machine can deliver ground-breaking performance at lower engine speeds. That translates into less wear and tear on the hydraulic system and more fuel savings for you.
Capsule Filter – The capsule filter is designed to take out impurities and help you avoid system contamination and accidental spilling. The self-contained, maintenance-friendly filter is easy to remove with a simple wrench. It can take out impurities as small as beta 10 – particles so tiny you cannot see them with the eye. A sensor lets you know if there is a clog or if pressure exceeds a certain level so you can take action.
Drain Filter – A drain filter is one extra level of contamination prevention. Located in the pump compartment behind the pilot filter, the drain filter purifies the case drain from the main pumps, swing motor, and travel motors – all to enhance the life of the pumps and motors and uptime for you.
- Proven Technology
Every Tier 4 Final ACERT™ engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air, and aftertreatment components. Applying these time-tested technologies lets us meet your high expectations for productivity, fuel efficiency, reliability, and service life.
Following are the results you can expect:
- Improved fuel efficiency over the Tier 3 321D
- High performance across a variety of applications
- Enhanced reliability through commonality and simplicity of design
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class Cat dealer support
- Minimized impact on emission systems – with no operator interaction required
- Durability with long service life
- Better fuel economy with minimized maintenance costs
- Same great power and response
- Less Fuel, More Power
While the 325F consumes up to 22% less fuel than the Tier 3 321D, the engine actually delivers more horsepower. How's that possible? Simple. Advanced engine technology and system control. Isochronous control, for example, permits the engine to run at a constant lower speed but at an optimum point in the power curve for maximum efficiency. Automatic engine speed control also contributes by lowering rpm when the machine isn't calling for it. Automatic engine idle shutdown turns the engine off when it's been idling for more than a specified amount of time, which you can easily set through the monitor. Plus you have a choice of three power modes – high power, standard power, and eco mode. Simply change between modes through the switch panel to meet the work needs in front of you. Collectively, all of these benefits add up to reduced fuel consumption, reduced repair and maintenance costs, and increased engine life for you.
- Biodiesel Not A Problem
The C4.4 ACERT engine can run on up to B20 biodiesel that meets ASTM 6751 standards – all to give you more potential fuel-saving flexibility.
- Work With Confidence
The 325F L's compact radius design makes it ideal for working confidently in space-restricted areas like road jobs with lane closures and next to buildings or other structures you'd like to keep out of harm's way. With a front swing radius of 2.34 m (7'8") and a tail swing radius of 1.72 m (5'8"), the machine can dig, swing, and dump within a working space of 4.06 m (13'4"). When rotated 90 degrees and working over the side, just 135 mm (5") of counterweight extends beyond the track width, which allows trucks and jersey barriers to be positioned closer to the machine.
- Work With Power
Unlike a standard radius machine, the 325F's boom is positioned toward the center of the machine. Not only does this help reduce the front swing radius, but it also supports more lift capacity over the front due to greater stability.
- Work With Comfort
The machine features a full-size roll-over protective structure (ROPS) cab. With low sound levels, high visibility, convenient access to switches and controls, and a fully adjustable seat, you will find it comfortable to work in all day long.
- Cat Connect
The smart use of technology and services will improve your job site efficiency. In fact, using data from technology-equipped machines gives you more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.
Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas:
- GRADE Technologies
GRADE technologies like Cat Grade Control Depth and Slope combine digital design data and in-cab guidance to help you work more productively and accurately with less rework. Real-time bucket tip positioning and cut and fill data on the standard cab monitor guide you to grade, saving money on fuel and materials.
- LINK Technologies
LINK technologies like Product Link™ wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink® interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
- Link and Pins
The power link between the stick and bucket is designed for long-term heavy-duty lifting. With an integrated lifting eye, the power link helps enhance the machine's lifting capability by lowering your load point and maximizing the power built into the boom cylinders. All pins used in the front linkage have thick chrome plating to give them high wear and corrosion resistance. The large diameter pins distribute load weight to ensure long pin, boom, and stick life.
- Boom and Stick
The 325F is offered with a reach boom and stick. This combination provides excellent all-around versatility whether you are picking and placing underground utilities or top loading trucks.
- Built To Last
Each boom and stick is built with internal baffle plates for additional durability, and each undergoes ultrasound inspection to ensure quality and reliability. Large box-section structures with thick, multi-plate fabrications, castings, and forgings are used in high-stress areas such as the boom nose, boom foot, and boom and stick cylinders to enhance durability for the tough work you do.
- A Safe, Quiet Cab
The ROPS cab provides you with a safe working environment. It also contributes to your comfort because it's attached to a reinforced frame with special viscous mounts that limit vibration and unnecessary sound. Add in special roof lining and sealing and you have a cab that's as quiet inside as today's top pickup trucks.
- Comfortable Seat
The seat is an air suspension type with heat. It features a reclining back, upper and lower slide adjustments, and height and tilt angle adjustments to meet your needs for maximum comfort.
- A Cool and Warm Environment
The automatic climate control system features multiple air outlets with filtered ventilation. Air flows on the floor, behind the seat, and in front of you to make your work in either hot or cold weather much more pleasant and productive.
- Controls Just For You
The joystick consoles adjust to improve your comfort and productivity during the course of a day. The armrests telescope up and down just like a bicycle seat. Joysticks for tool control have buttons to make working with a two-way-flow grapple, thumb, and shear simple. The right joystick features a button that will reduce engine speed when you are not working to help save fuel. Touch it once and speed reduces; touch it again and speed increases for normal operation.
- Ample Storage and Auxiliary Power
Storage spaces are located in the front, rear, and side consoles of the cab. A drink holder accommodates a large mug, and a shelf behind the seat stores large lunch or toolboxes. Two 12-volt power supply sockets are conveniently located near the key storage areas for charging your electronic devices like an MP3 player, a cell phone, or a tablet.
- A Helpful Monitor
The LCD monitor is easy to see and navigate. Programmable in up to 44 languages to meet today's diverse workforce, the monitor clearly displays critical information you need to operate efficiently and effectively. Plus it projects the image from the standard rearview camera to help you see what's going on around you so you can stay safely focused on the job at hand.
Structures and Undercarriage
- Robust Frame
The 325F L is a well-built machine designed to give you a very long service life. The upper frame has mountings made specifically to support the heavy-duty cab; it's also reinforced around key areas that take on stress like the boom foot and skirt. Massive bolts are used to attach the track frames to the body, and additional bolts are used throughout to increase the machine's digging force, which leads to more productivity for you.
- Durable Undercarriage
The 325F L undercarriage contributes significantly to its outstanding stability and durability. Track shoes, links, rollers, idlers, and final drives are all built with long-lasting, high-tensile-strength steel. Cat Grease Lubricated Track 2 (GLT2) track link protects moving parts by keeping water, debris, and dust out and grease sealed in, which delivers longer wear life and reduced noise when traveling. Optional guide guards help maintain track alignment to improve the machine's overall performance – whether you're traveling on a flat, heavy bed of rock or a steep, wet field of mud.
- Huge Counterweight
The counterweight weighs nearly 6800 kg (15,000 lb) to help enhance lift capability – out front and over the side. Rounded to minimize the amount of overhang, the weight is bolted directly to the main frame using massive bolts to ensure maximum rigidity. Plus the counterweight has an integrated housing to help protect the machine's standard rearview camera.
- Get The Most Out Of One Machine
You can easily expand the performance of your machine by utilizing any of the variety of attachments offered by Cat Work Tools.
- Change Jobs Quickly
A quick coupler brings the ability to quickly change attachments and switch from job to job. The Cat Pin Grabber coupler is the secure way to decrease downtime and increase job site flexibility and your overall productivity.
- Dig, Finish and Compact
Cat buckets dig everything from top soil to harsh, abrasive material. For finishing and grading work, compact and shallow ditch cleaning buckets fit the need. A Cat compactor prepares the area for the next phase of construction.
- Break, Demolish and Scrap
A hydraulic hammer equips your machine for breaking rock in quarries, preparing trenches on construction sites, or taking down bridge pillars and reinforced concrete on road jobs. Multi-processor, pulverizer, and shear attachments take your machine into structure demolition jobs and process the debris for reuse and recycle.
- Move and Handle
Add a thumb and you have the ability to move and handle brush, rocks, and debris. For constant material handling, a grapple is your solution. Choose from three different styles for picking, sorting, and loading trash, demolition debris, or recyclables.
- Set Up Your Machine For Profitability
Your Cat dealer can install hydraulic kits to properly operate all Cat Work Tool attachments – maximizing the machine's uptime and your profits. All Cat Work Tool attachments are supported by the same Cat dealer network as your Cat machine.
- On-Board Monitoring
The 325F has a pre-start monitoring system that allows you to check coolant, hydraulic oil, and engine oil levels right inside the cab. The monitor also tells you fluid and filter change intervals to ensure you keep the machine in top-performing condition.
- Safe, Convenient Access
You can see the service hour meter inside the cab and reach most routine maintenance items like fluid taps and grease points from the safety and convenience of ground level. Filters are banked together for higher service efficiency. Compartments feature wide service doors and heavy-duty hardware to keep them open – all to make service work simpler and more secure.
- A Fresh Idea
The fresh air filter is conveniently located on the side of the cab to make it easy for you to reach and replace. It's protected by a lockable door that can only be opened with the engine key.
- A Priming Solution
Located in the pump compartment, an electric fuel priming pump eliminates the need for you to manually prime after filter changes. It also eliminates the risk of fuel contamination by preventing unfiltered fuel from being backfilled during filter changes.
- More Service Benefits
Drain tubes beneath the machine make it easy and simple for you to remove water and sediment during routine maintenance. They also make it easy to change oil without special tools or the risk of spilling. Same goes for an integrated fuel level indicator that pops up to help you reduce the possibility of fuel tank overfilling.
- A Safe, Quiet Cab
The ROPS cab provides you with a safe working environment when properly seated and belted. It also contributes to your comfort because it's attached to a reinforced frame with special viscous mounts that limit vibration and unnecessary sound. Add in special roof lining and sealing and you have a cab that's as quiet inside as any of today's top pickup trucks.
- Secure Contact Points
Multiple large steps get you into the cab as well as a leg up to the compartments. Extended hand and guard rails allow you to safely climb to the upper deck. Anti-skid plates reduce your slipping hazards in all types of weather conditions, and they can be removed for cleaning.
- Great Views
Ample glass gives you excellent visibility out front and to the side, and the available rearview camera gives you a clear field of view behind the machine through the cab monitor. The available split-configuration windshield features an upper window with handles that make it easy to slide and store above you and a lower window that can be removed and stored on the inside wall of the cab. The large skylight also serves as an emergency exit and provides you with enhanced overhead visibility.
- Smart Lighting
Halogen lights provide plenty of illumination, and the cab and boom lights can be programmed to stay on for up to 90 seconds after the engine has been turned off to help you safely exit the machine.
- Guard Options
The 325F can be equipped with several guarding options. Following are just a few that will help protect you and your machine:
- Falling Object Guarding System (FOGS)
- Vandal guards
- Full-length wire mesh
- Heavy-duty bottom guards
- Track guiding guards
Complete Customer Care
- Expert Advice You Can Trust
What are the job requirements and machine attachments? What production is needed? Your Cat dealer can provide recommendations to help you make the right machine choices.
- Support Agreements To Fit Your Needs
Cat dealers offer a variety of customer support agreements and work with you to develop a plan to meet your specific needs. These plans can cover the entire machine, including attachments, to help protect your investment.
- Parts When And Where You Need Them
Cat dealers utilize a worldwide parts network to maximize your machines' uptime. Plus they can help you save money with Cat remanufactured components.
- Operating Techniques To Boost Your Profits
Improving operating techniques can boost your profits. Your Cat dealer has videos, literature, and other ideas to help you increase productivity. Caterpillar also offers simulators and certified operator training to help maximize the return on your investment.
- Financial Options Just For You
Consider financing options and day-to-day operating costs. Look at dealer services that can be included in the machine's cost to yield lower owning and operating costs over time.
- What's Best For You Today…And Tomorrow
Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the best choice for your business.
- The C4.4 ACERT engine meets Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- The machine burns up to 22% less fuel than the model it replaces, which means a lower carbon footprint.
- The engine can run on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less or biodiesel (B20) fuel blended with ULSD.
- A ground-level overfill indicator rises when the tank is full to help the operator avoid spilling.
- The machine is built to be rebuilt with major structures and components capable of being remanufactured to reduce waste and replacement costs.
- The 325F L is an efficient, productive machine that's designed to conserve our natural resources for generations ahead.
- Diesel engine, Cat C4.4 ACERT, twin turbo, meets Tier 4 Final emission standards: – Three selectable power modes capability: HHP, STD and ECO – Aftertreatment system: CEM (DOC + DPF + SCR) and DEF system (DEF tank and DEF lines)
- Variable fan speed control with viscous clutch
- One-touch low idle with auto engine speed control
- Automatic (programmable) idling shut down function
- Three-stage fuel filtration system with water separator and indicator
- 3000 m (9,840 ft) altitude capability without de-rate
- 52° C (126° F) high-ambient cooling capability with de-rate from 48° C (118° F)
- 85 amp alternator
- Radial seal air filter with double filter element
- Electric fuel lifting pump
- Capability of using biodiesel fuel (up to B20)
- Electric boom regeneration circuit
- Stick regeneration circuit
- One-touch lifting mode
- Automatic two-speed travel
- Boom and stick drift reduction valve
- Reverse swing damping valve
- High-performance hydraulic return filter (capsule filter type)
- CRN compliant accumulator
- Sound suppressed ROPS cab (ISO 12117-2 compliant) with viscous mount
- Openable skylight as emergency exit (dual exit hatch)
- Openable laminated front upper windshield with assist device
- Removable tempered lower windshield with in-cab storage bracket
- High back seat with air suspension, seat heater and head rest
- Fully adjustable seat, console and armrest
- Seat belt
- LCD monitor with distortion-free rearview camera picture
- Automatic bi-level air conditioner with pressurized function
- 12V×2 power supply with sockets (maximum 10 amp)
- Washable floormat
- Interior utilities (interior lighting, coat hook, beverage holder, literature holder, document holding space, and cab rear storage compartment)
- Undercarriage And Structures
- HD track rollers
- Grease-lubricated track link
- Tie-down points on base frame (ISO 15818 compliant)
- Swivel guard
- Maintenance-free battery
- Centralized electrical disconnect switch
- Cat Product Link
- Programmable time delay working lights (halogen); base machine frame (one), cab mounted (two), boom mounted both sides (two)
- Service And Maintenance
- Engine oil, fuel, and hydraulic oil filters grouped for ease of maintenance (secondary fuel filter is located separately)
- Sampling ports for Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·SSM)
- Safety And Security
- Rearview camera with three mirrors (ISO 5006 compliant) and one additional handrail mirror for right rear view
- RH handrail and hand hold (ISO 2867 compliant)
- Bolt-free service platform with anti-skid plate
- Neutral lever (lock out) for all controls
- Ground-level accessible secondary engine shutoff switch in cab
- Signaling/warning horn
- Jump start stud
- Safety hammer for cab evacuation
- Engine (factory Installed)
- Cold start, –32° C (–26° F)
- Hydraulic (factory Installed)
- Tool control
- Medium circuit, ele. device (two way, third pump)
- Cat Pin Grabber coupler circuit (high pressure)
- Boom line, high pressure for reach
- Stick line, high pressure for reach (R2.9B1/9'6")
- Boom line, medium pressure for reach
- Stick line, medium pressure for reach (R2.9B1/9'6")
- Boom line, quick coupler for reach
- Stick line, quick coupler for reach (R2.9B1/9'6")
- Fine swing control
- Boom cylinders
- Stick cylinder
- Bucket cylinder
- Cab (factory Installed)
- Joysticks with three on/off switches and one modulation switch
- Straight travel pedal
- Control pattern quick-changer, two way
- 24V AM/FM radio with auxiliary input
- Undercarriage And Structures (factory Installed)
- Reach boom (5.7 m/18'8") with left-hand and right-hand boom lights
- Stick (R2.9 m/9'6") B1 linkage
- Bucket linkage, B1-family with lifting eye
- 600 mm (24'') triple grouser
- 790 mm (31") triple grouser
- 790 mm (31") HD triple grouser
- Track guiding guard, segmented two pieces
- Track guiding guard, full length
- HD bottom guards
- Standard bottom guards
- Technology (factory Installed)
- Cat Grade Control (GC) 2D depth and slope
- Safety And Security (factory Installed)
- Boom lowering control valve
- Stick lowering control valve
- Travel alarm
- Cab (dealer Installed)
- Rain protector for front windshield
- Safety And Security (dealer Installed)
- Seat belt, retractable (76 mm/3" width)
- FOGS retrofit kit package
- Mesh for front guard retrofit kit package
- Mesh guard, lower half front
- Vandalism guard with holder
- Service And Maintenance (dealer Installed)
- Electric refueling pump with auto shut off