320 GC Hydraulic Excavator
The Cat® 320 GC excavator balances productivity with easy-to-use technology features, a new comfortable cab, reduced fuel consumption by up to 20%, and longer maintenance intervals reducing maintenance ...
costs by up to 15% to bring you a durable, low-cost-per-hour excavator for light- to medium-duty applications.
- Engine Power - ISO 9249
- Engine Model
- Cat C4.4
- Engine Power - ISO 14396
- Operating Weight
Working Ranges & Forces
- Maximum Digging Depth
- Reach 5.7 m (18.8)
- R2.9B1 (9'6")
- 1.00 m³ (1.31 yd³)
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level
- Maximum Cutting Height
- Maximum Loading Height
- Minimum Loading Height
- Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom
- Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth
- Bucket Digging Force - ISO
- Main System - Maximum Flow
- 442 l/min (116 gal/min)
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Swing Speed
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- Cooling System
- Engine Oil
- Swing Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 61.8gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 30.4gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- Reach 5.7 m (18'8")
- R2.9B1 (9'6")
- 1.00 m³ (1.31 yd³)
- Shipping Height - Top of Cab
- Handrail Height
- Shipping Length
- Tail Swing Radius
- Counterweight Clearance
- Ground Clearance
- Track Length
- Length to Center of Rollers
- Track Gauge
- Transport Width
PERFORMANCE WITH LESS FUEL
- The excavator uses up to 20 percent less fuel than the 320F in similar applications.
- Match the excavator to the job with power modes; let Smart mode automatically match engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Valve priority puts hydraulic pressure and flow where you command it to go for fast light- to medium-load cycle times.
- The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards with an aftertreatment system that requires no operator input or downtime.
- Add auxiliary hydraulics to do more work with a range of Cat attachments.
- Product Link™ comes standard so you can remotely monitor machine health, location, hours, and fuel consumption on demand through the VisionLink® online interface.
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Expect up to 15 percent less maintenance cost than the 320E (savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours).
- Do all daily maintenance at ground level.
- Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new ground-level engine oil dipstick; fill and check engine oil on top of the machine with a conveniently located second dipstick.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- No required maintenance on the Cat Clean Emissions Module.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 500 hours.
- Expect the new air intake filter with precleaner to last up to 1,000 hours – a 100 percent increase over the previous filter.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50 percent longer than previous filter designs.
- The new high-efficiency electric cooling fans only run when needed and reverse to keep cores free from debris.
- S·O·S ports simplify maintenance and allow for quick, easy extraction of samples for fluid analysis.
RELIABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- Work up to 3000 m (9,840 ft) above sea level without de-rating.
- Standard high-ambient temperature capability is 52º C (125º F) with cold start capability at –32º C (–25º F).
- Auto warm up speeds up hydraulic oil warming in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Three levels of fuel filtration protect the engine from dirty diesel fuel.
- Grease sealed between track pins and bushings reduces travel noise and prevents debris from entering to increase undercarriage life.
- The center track guiding guard helps keep the excavator track aligned when traveling and working on slopes.
- The sloped track frame prevents mud and debris accumulation, helping reduce risk of track damage.
SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY
- Access 100 percent of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the excavator.
- Keep your excavator secure with Operator ID. Use your PIN code on the monitor to enable the pushbutton starting feature.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab posts and larger windows.
- A rearview camera is standard, and a right-side-view camera is optional.
- The new right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platformsteps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
- The handrails comply with ISO 2867:2011 requirements.
- The lower frame meets ISO 15818:2017 lifting and tie-down requirements.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program each joystick button, including response and pattern, using Operator ID; it will also remember climate control fan and radio settings.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 203 mm (8 in) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS
- The Comfort cab has a wide seat that adjusts for operators of all sizes.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls all located in front of you.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the righttemperature all shift long.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50 percent over previous excavator models.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, documentholder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect to personal devices.
- Hydraulic System
- Hammer return filter circuit
- Combined flow/high pressure aux circuit
- Simplified combined Circuit (2 Way)
- Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber
- Slider joysticks
- Smart boom (Europe only)
- Electrical System
- LED chassis light, LH & RH boom lights for reach, cab lights- 850 lumens
- Standard Comfort Cab
- Roller rear suncreen
- Safety & Security
- Radiator screen
- RH side mirror for use with RH sideview camera or 360° visibility (Europe)
- Heavy duty buckets 1.0m3(1.31yd3)