Photovoltaic Module PVT117
The Cat® thin film, high-efficiency modules provide a proven performance advantage over conventional crystalline silicon solar modules. Generating more energy than competing modules with the same power rating, the Cat PVT117 module delivers superior performance and reliability to our customers.
- Compatible with 1000V and 1500V plant architectures
- Module Type
- Advanced thin film solar
- Nominal Power
- 117.5W per panel
Outperforms conventional crystalline silicon solar modules with equal power rating
- With up to 10% more energy capture in real world conditions, solar plants using Cat thin film PVT modules enjoy better energy yield, proven reliability, and industry-leading durability.
Superior temperature coefficient
- Cat thin film photovoltaic modules have a lower temperature coefficient than silicon modules. This results in more power production as the module operating temperature increases. Over a year in hot climate conditions, this advantage adds up to 3% more annual energy yield versus a silicon module.
- Different PV technologies respond differently to different light wavelengths. On humid days, water in the atmosphere reduces specific wavelengths of available light. Cat modules are less sensitive to high humidity; they can produce up to 6% more energy annually than silicon modules in humid environments.
Better shading response
- Unique module design minimizes power loss due to shading. Unlike silicon modules, which can lose disproportionately more power in the shaded area. With Cat modules, only the shaded portion is impacted, resulting in up to 1% more energy annually.
Long-term reliability and durability
- All Cat solar modules come with a standard 10-year warranty on manufacturer defects and a 25-year power output warranty.
Industry leading certifications
- Extended reliability in harsh environments: Thresher Test; TUV Long-Term Sequential Test; IEC 61701 Salt Mist/Corrosion; IEC60068 Desert Sand Resistance; PID-Free
- Certified to IEC 61646, IEC 61730, UL Listed (NA), MCS (UK), CEC (AU)
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007
- Device package meets ATLAS 25+
- Operator Environment
- Air conditioning and heating