982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 4
has longer standard lift arms than the 980M making ita great rail car loader due to the higher hinge pin height. With a full range of bucket sizes and types, the982M provides you an exciting new option in this size class.
Engine - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV
- Tier 4/Stage IV
- Operating Weight
- Weight based on a machine configuration with Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires, full fluids, operator, standard counterweight, cold start, roading fenders, Product Link™, open differential axles, secondary steering, sound suppression, and a 6.1 m
- Bucket Capacities
- 4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
- With Cooling Fan Speed at 70% of Maximum Value - Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396:2008)**
- With Cooling Fan Speed at 70% of Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Power Level (ISO 6395:2008)**
- 109 LWA***
- Note (2)
- **For machines in European Union countries and in countries that adopt the "EU Directives."
- Note (3)
- ***European Union Directive "2000/14/EC" as amended by "2005/88/EC."
- With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Pressure Level (SAE J88:2013)
- 78 dB(A)*
- With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Power Level (ISO 6395:2008)
- Note (1)
- *Distance of 15 m (49.2 ft), moving forward in second gear ratio.
- With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396:2008)
Service Refill Capacities
- DEF Tank
- 5.5gal (US)
- Fuel Tank
- 112.5gal (US)
- Differential - Final Drives - Rear
- 24.3gal (US)
- Differential - Final Drives - Front
- 24.3gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 48gal (US)
- 20.3gal (US)
- 9.8gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 14gal (US)
- Note (2)
- Full compliance to ISO 143971:2007 Sections 1 thru 6.
- Note (1)
- For a machine configuration as defined under "Weight."
- Breakout Force
- Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - No Tire Deflection
- Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - With Tire Deflection
- Peak Gross Torque - 1,200 rpm - SAE J1995
- Peak Gross Torque - 1,200 rpm - ISO 14396
- The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.6 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 2.288 metric tonnes.
- Maximum Power - 1,700 rpm - SAE J1995 - Metric
- Maximum Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 14396 - Metric
- Maximum Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 14396
- Maximum Net Power - 1,700 rpm - SAE J1349 - Metric
- Maximum Net Power - 1,700 rpm - SAE J1349
- Maximum Net Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 9249 - Metric
- Maximum Net Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 9249
- Maximum Power - 1,700 rpm - SAE J1995
- Engine Model
- Cat C13 ACERT
- Net Power - ISO 9249
- Maximum Net Torque - 1,100 rpm
Dimensions - Standard Lift
- Wheel Base
- Rack Back at Ground
- 42 degrees
- Tread Width
- Rack Back - Maximum Lift
- 57 degrees
- Rack Back - Carry Height
- 48 degrees
- Overall Length - Without Bucket
- All dimensions are approximate and based on Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires.
- Maximum Width over Tires
- Lift Arm Clearance at Maximum Lift
- Hinge Pin Height at Maximum Lift
- Hinge Pin Height at Carry
- Height - Top of ROPS
- Height - Top of Hood
- Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe
- Ground Clearance
- Centerline of Rear Axle to Hitch
- Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight
- Reverse - 4
- Reverse - 3
- Reverse - 1
- Reverse - 2
- Forward - 4
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 1
- Maximum travel speed in standard vehicle with empty bucket and standard L4 tires with 914 mm (36 in) roll radius.
- Implement System - Maximum Pump Output at 2,250 rpm
- Implement System - Maximum Operating Pressure
- Hydraulic Cycle Time - Total
- Bucket Range
- 4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
- Cat® C13 ACERT™ engine with Cat Clean Emissions Module and automatic Cat Regeneration System offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic, fuel and air systems.
- Utilizing rigorous component design and machine validation processes results in unmatched reliability, durability and high uptime.
- Heavy-duty planetary powershift transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Full flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system robustness and component life.
- Optimized engine power, when demanded, improves machine performance and response.
- Lock-up clutch torque converter, combined with lock-to-lock shifting, delivers smooth shifts, fast acceleration and speed on grade.
- Easy-to-load Performance Series Buckets feature a wider mouth and curved side plates that improve material retention (fill factor).
- Optional limited slip differentials improve performance.
- Optional Aggregate Handler configuration offers slightly higher payload capability for loose aggregate rehandling.*
*Optional configurations and equipment may vary from region to region and requires conformance to Caterpillar payload policy. Consult your dealer or Caterpillar representative for details.
- Up to 10% more fuel efficient than K Series and up to 25% more fuel efficient than H Series loaders.**
- Power dense ACERT engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- Standard productive Economy Mode provides maximum fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
**Actual results may vary based on factors such as, but not limited to, machine configuration, operator technique, machine application, climate, etc.
Ease of Operation
- Best-in-class operator environment provides unmatched comfort, visibility, and efficiency.
- E-H joystick steering with force feedback for precision control and dramatically decreases operator arm fatigue.
- Intuitive controls and touch screen multifunction display.
- Ride control system with dual accumulators provides excellent ride.
- Excellent cab access with wide door, remote door opening option and stair-like steps.
- Floor to ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integrated spot mirrors and rear vision camera provide industry leading all-around visibility.
- One-piece tilting hood with side and rear doors; hydraulic and electrical service centers make access fast and easy.
- Safe, ground level access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points.
- Optional, fully integrated Cat Autolube system provides full lube system monitoring and diagnostic test visibility.
Cat Connect Technology
- Monitor, manage and enhance job site operations.
- Cat LINK Technologies: VisionLink® enables owners to access data wirelessly to monitor machine health, utilization and location.
- Cat DETECT Technologies: Integrated rear vision camera enhances visibility behind machine to help operators work safely. Optional Cat Rear Object Detection increased operator awareness of the working environment which enhances site safety.
- Cat PAYLOAD Technologies: Optional Cat Production Measurement 2.0 brings simple and accurate on-the-go payload scale allowing operators to deliver exact loads and work more efficiently. Advanced Productivity subscription provides comprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.