M318F Wheeled Excavator
Working hard has never been easier with Cat® F Series Wheeled Excavators. Enjoy the versatility offered by integrated solutions and technologies that do repetitive tasks for you. These ...
machines are designed to help you take on the wide variety of challenges you face every day, and at a lower cost.
- Engine Model
- Cat C7.1 ACERT
- Net Power
- Maximum Torque - 1,400 rpm
- Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards.
- Engine Power - Maximum Gross - ISO 14396
- 129.4 kW (174 hp [176 hp]*)
- Engine Power - Maximum Net - ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- 126 kW (169 hp [171 hp]*)
- *Metric values.
- Number of Cylinders - In Line
- Maximum Travel Speed
- Swing Speed
- Maximum Swing Torque
- Drawbar Pull
- Maximum Forward/Reverse - 2nd Gear
- Maximum Gradeability (17 500 kg/38,580 lb)
- Ground Clearance
- Maximum Towable Trailer Mass*
- *For Optional Trailer Package – Not available in Australia/New Zealand.
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Dump Height
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Height
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Dump Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- 3400/3900 kg (7,496/8,598 lb)
- *Includes medium stick, 3400 kg (7,496 lb) counterweight, full fuel tank, operator, quick coupler (250 kg/551 lb), bucket (600 kg/1,323 lb), dual pneumatic tires. Weight varies depending on configuration.
- One-Piece Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers
- One-Piece Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers
- Operating Weight*
- 17 200 to 19 700 kg (37,919 to 43,431 lb)
- VA Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers
- VA Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers
- Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure
- Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure
- Maximum Flow - Implement/Travel Circuit
- Maximum Flow - Swing Mechanism
- Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure
- Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure
- Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Heavy Lift
- Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Normal and Travel Circuit
- Swing Mechanism
- 55.5gal (US)
Service Refill Capacities
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank
- 9.1gal (US)
- Fuel Tank - Total Capacity
- 87.2gal (US)
- Range values are calculated with GD bucket 1200 mm (48 in), 0.91 m3 (1.19 yd3) with tips K080 and quick coupler with a tip radius of 1574 mm (5'2").
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Dump Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Dump Height
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Height
- Cat C7.1 ACERT™ engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards. Emissions technology is transparent – no action required from the operator and no stopping for regeneration.
- Up to a 10% fuel consumption reduction vs. previous model with the same productivity.
- Built-in fuel savers, eliminating waste with features like Auto Engine Speed Control, Engine Idle Shutdown and efficient Eco Mode.
- “On-Demand” Strategies, to consume just the right amount of fuel, with on-demand fan or new optimized demand-driven driveline.
- Dedicated swing pump, allowing faster, smoother combined movements.
- Highly mobile, the M318F can travel up to 35 km/h (22 mph).
- Flexible configurations to meet all your needs with various booms/sticks, tires, undercarriages and counterweights.
- “Plug and Play” design, with complete integration of the whole portfolio of Cat attachments. – Auxiliary hydraulics, including high pressure. – Readiness for Cat Pin Grabber quick coupler (with lines and circuits). – The monitor can allow ten hydraulic pump flow and pressure settings at the same time. – Trailer-ready package option*. Just add your hitch and go.
- Joystick buttons/sliders can be set up per tool as desired.
- Utility and finishing work are fast and flawless with a Cat compactor, finishing bucket or tilt bucket.
- Demolition work is easy with a Cat hammer, grapple, shear, or multi-processor.
- Couplers let you swap between attachments in seconds without leaving the cab.
*Not available in Australia/New Zealand.
Ease of Operation
- A complete package of smart technologies with features like Cruise Control or automatic brake and axle lock. Optional boosters like Ride Control, SmartBoom™, joystick steering are available.
- Everything can be adjusted in the cab from the steering column height to the electrically adjustable mirrors.
- Ergonomic cab with controls kept to a minimum and conveniently located.
- Split-screen monitor to allow quick view of both cameras on the same display.
- Integrated devices to help enforce safe behavior, like seat belt indicator, or the speed limit setting when roading in reverse with the upper frame rotated.
- Blue Angel certified machine, with low sound levels and vibrations.
- Visibility: large glass areas, rear/side cameras. LED lamps for all working lights and cameras.
- For added protection, the optional impact resistant windshield meets the EN356 P5A standard.
- Integrated pin code adds anti-theft security to your equipment.
- Ground level access to all routine maintenance (like fuel and engine oil filters).
- Easy access: clean, simple design. Radiators are all gathered together.
- Reduced maintenance: automatic features (like lubrication system) along with long greasing intervals. Fit for life Diesel Particulate Filter.
Cat Connect Technology
- Product Link™ connects owners to their equipment, providing access to machine data such as location, hours, fuel consumption, idle time and events, and diagnostic codes.