R2900 Underground LHD Loader
ensures the R2900 stays true to its proven history of long-term durability and performance while improving underground air quality. Next generation Cat design provides extended durability, superior serviceability and the ability to use advanced technology to enhance safety and productivity. An operator favorite, it delivers a safe, comfortable ride in a cab equipped with easy-to-use controls and efficiency-boosting features that optimize performance and maximize productivity.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C15
- Engine Power - Stage V Engine - ISO 14396:2002
- Engine Power - Tier 3 Engine - ISO 14396:2002
- Engine Power - VR Engine - ISO 14396:2002
- Note (1)
- Power ratings apply at a rated speed of 1,800 rpm for VR and Tier 3 equivalent model when tested under the reference conditions for the specified standard.
- Note (2)
- Power ratings apply at a rated speed of 2,000 rpm for Stage V model engine when tested under the reference conditions for the specified standard.
- Note (3)
- All rating conditions are based on ISO/TR14396, inlet air standard conditions with a total barometric pressure of 100 kPa (29.5 in Hg), with a vapor pressure of 1 kPa (.295 in Hg), and 25° C (77° F). Performance measured using fuel to EPA specifications i
- Note (4)
- Minimal engine derating* required up to 2926 m (9600 ft) at rated speed for Stage V engines, 3048 m (10,000 ft) altitude for Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent engines, and 3505 m (11,500 ft) for Tier 2/Stage II equivalent VR engines. (*<5%)
- Note (5)
- Optional Ventilation Reduction Package available.
- Note (6)
- Optional engine with emissions equivalent to Tier 3 and Stage IIIA is also available.
- Note (7)
- Optional engine available that meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- Nominal Payload Capacity
- Gross Machine Mass
- Shipping Mass
- Static Tipping Load - Straight Ahead - Lift Arms Horizontal
- Static Tipping Load - Full Turn - Lift Arms Horizontal
- Breakout Force - Lift (ISO)
- Breakout Force - Tilt (ISO)
Hydraulic System - Lift/Tilt
- Lift/Tilt System - Circuit
- Open Centre, Pilot Control
- Lift/Tilt System - Pump
- Fixed Displacement Gear Pump
- Maximum Flow at 2,120 rpm
- Relief Valve Setting - Main
- Lift Cylinder - Bore
- Lift Cylinder - Stroke
- Tilt Cylinder - Bore
- Tilt Cylinder - Stroke
Service Refill Capacities
- Engine Crankcase
- 9gal (US)
- 16.4gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 37gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 19.8gal (US)
- Front Differential and Final Drives
- 31.4gal (US)
- Rear Differential and Final Drives
- 33.5gal (US)
- Front Differential and Final Drives - With Axle Oil Cooling System
- 42gal (US)
- Rear Differential and Final Drives - With Axle Oil Cooling System
- 44.1gal (US)
- Fuel Tank
- 166gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 8.5gal (US)
- Bucket Capacities
- 6.3-8.9 m³ (8.2-11.6 yd³)
- Dump Bucket - 1
- Dump Bucket - 2 - Standard Bucket
- Dump Bucket - 3
- Dump Bucket - 4
- Operating Mass*
- Operating Mass* - Front Axle
- Operating Mass* - Rear Axle
- Operating Mass + Rated Payload*
- Operating Mass + Rated Payload* - Front Axle
- Operating Mass + Rated Payload* - Rear Axle
- *Calculated Weight.
- Outside Clearance Radius**
- Inner Clearance Radius**
- Axle Oscillation
- Articulation Angle
- **Clearance dimensions are for reference only.
- Tire Size
- 29.5 R29
- ROPS/FOPS Certified Cab
Hydraulic Cycle Times
- Lower, Empty, Float Down
- Total Cycle Time
- Forward - 1
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 4
- Reverse - 1
- Reverse - 2
- Reverse - 3
- Reverse - 4
- Large window openings to offer excellent visibility in all directions.
- Safer access and egress with anti-skid upper deck surfaces and 3-point access to cab and machine.
- Four corner oil-cooled braking system that provides excellent control, with service brake system actuated by hydraulic pressure and parking brake function that is spring applied and hydraulic released to ensure braking in the event of loss of hydraulic failure.
- Operator Present System, which protects the machine and operator from uncontrolled machine movements, with hydraulic system neutralization and door sensor.
- Safer service with service area located on cold side of engine, bucket control group safety pins, articulation lock and hinged belly guards.
OPERATOR COMFORT & CONTROL
- Optional enclosed design provides fresh, pressurized, temperature-controlled air circulation with air conditioning.
- Optional sound-suppressed ROPS cab for a quiet, secure working environment.
- Controls, levers, switches and gauges positioned to maximize productivity and minimize fatigue.
- Low-effort, pilot-operated joystick implement control with simultaneous lift and tilt functions to optimize operating efficiency.
- Four corner oil-cooled braking system, which provides excellent control.
PRODUCTIVITY & PERFORMANCE
- Loadrite Payload Control System, which gives the operator accurate, real-time updates on payload weights to help them reach maximum bucket capacities while reducing overloading.
- Increased operator efficiency and optimized performance thanks to electronic auto shift transmission that allows operator to choose between manual or auto shift modes.
- Transmission neutralizer that makes it possible for the operator to engage the service brakes and neutralize the transmission, maintaining high engine rpm for full hydraulic flow, enhancing digging and loading functions.
- Fast cycle times thanks to optional ride control system, which gives operators confidence to travel at speeds above 5 km/h (3 mph) during load and carry operations.
- Productivity-boosting hydraulic system, which delivers exceptional digging and lifting forces for fast cycle times, plus high hydraulic flow rates that provide fast response and powerful lift forces
POWER & EFFICIENCY
- Cat C15 engine, which provides unequalled lugging force while digging, tramming and traversing steep grades.
- Torque rise that effectively matches transmission shift points for maximum efficiency and fast cycle times.
- Torque Converter Lockup Clutch that combines maximum rimpull while in torque converter drive with the efficiency and performance of direct drive when the lockup clutch is engaged.
- Mechanically Actuated, Electronic Unit Injection (MEUI™) high-pressure, direct injection fuel system, which electronically monitors operator demands and sensor inputs to optimize engine performance and fuel combustion.
- Cat four-speed planetary power shift transmission matched with the Cat C15 diesel engine to deliver constant power over a wide range of operating speeds.
BUCKETS AND G.E.T.
- A variety of dump bucket sizes that deliver unmatched productivity and structural reliability, featuring two types of cast corners to help strengthen the side plate to bucket lip joint and allow for various cutting edges.
- Three types of Ground Engaging Tools (GET) available: modular weld-on, which deliver welded part reliability; Bolt-On-Half-Arrow (BOHA), which offer more wear material and feature a bolt-on design that enables fast and easy removal and replacement; and the Durilock Lip Shroud system, featuring hammerless installation and maintenance-free retention of GET, with three interchangeable shroud styles.
- Cat Bucket Pro App, which provides real-time data on GET performance to help you plan maintenance, manage inventory and know cost-per-ton.
RELIABILITY & DURABILITY
- Frame engineered to withstand extreme forces generated during loading and tramming cycles, with deep penetration and consistent welds throughout to ensure structures are solidly fused to provide sturdy platform for the linkage and the axles.
- Proven planetary power shift transmission built for long life between overhauls.
- Spread hitch design that widens the distance between upper and lower hitch plates to distribute forces and increase bearing life.
- Field-proven Cat high pressure XT hydraulic hoses that are exceptionally strong and flexible for maximum system reliability and long life in the most demanding conditions.
- Frame, powertrain, engine and components that are built to be rebuilt, delivering second and third lives.
- Easy access to daily service points to simplify servicing and reduce time spent on regular maintenance procedures.
- Ground-level access to all tanks, filters, lubrication points and compartment drains, with engine oil and fuel filters installed on cold side of engine, plus fluid-level sight gauges.
- Radial seal air filters that are easy to change, reducing time required for air filter maintenance.
- Sealed, colleted pins fitted to all major bucket and lift arm hinge points for longer pin and bushing life, which reduces maintenance costs and extends service intervals.
- Electrical connectors that are sealed to lock out dust and moisture, harnesses that are covered for protection, and wires that are color- and number-coded for easy diagnosis and repair.
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (EMS) that provides continuous access to critical machine data to keep the machine performing at a high level.
- Cat Electronic Technician (ET), which enables quick electronic diagnosis of machine performance and key diagnostic data for effective maintenance and repairs.
- VIMS (Vital Information Management System) GEN3, which combines Health Information Monitoring and VIMS capability in one ECM to monitor vital machine health functions; logs data to help identify areas for improvement in repair planning, operator training, site planning, machine health and personnel performance.
- Factory-ready for remote operation and can be equipped with the industry-proven Cat® MineStar™ Command for underground autonomous solution and machine health monitoring offerings.
- Engine with EU Stage V emissions package for mines that require compliance with highest emission standards to drive down diesel particulate matter and NOx emission to near-zero while improving overall air quality and maintaining a high machine performance; also available with EU Stage IIIA /U.S. EPA Tier 3 compliant engine.
- Optional Ventilation Reduction (VR) Package, which incorporates selective engine hardware and software to reduce diesel particulate matter in the engine exhaust and deliver a significant ventilation rate reduction, a decrease in fuel consumption, and maintained or improved product performance.
- Cat Diesel Particulate Filter, which complements the VR engine by further reducing particulate matter in the exhaust.
- Ongoing research and development into engine compatibility with diesel fuel blended with lower-carbon intensity fuels such as biofuels and renewable fuels, plus power options like electrification.
- Cat Rebuild and Cat Reman programs, which preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions, plus retrofits and upgrades for older machines to incorporate efficiency improvements and emission reductions.
- 12V Power Supply in Cab
- Alternator, 150-amp
- Auxiliary Start Receptacle
- Battery Disconnect Switch, Ground Level
- Circuit Breaker, 80-amp
- Corrosive Protection Spray
- Diagnostic Connector
- Electric Starting, 24-volt
- Engine Shutdown Switches
– Rear Right Hand Side
– Rear Left Hand Side
- External LED Lighting System, Front, Rear, Stop light, dual
- Low Maintenance Batteries
- Reversing Alarm
- Starting and Charging System
- Operator Environment
- Cat Electronic Monitoring System (Cat EMS)
- Electric Horns
– Engine Coolant Temperature
– Transmission Coolant Temperature
– Hydraulic Oil Temperature
– Fuel Level
- Indicator Lights
– Alert Warning Light
– Residual Brake Pressure
- Low Hydraulic Level Warning
- Open Operator Station ROPS/FOPS Structure
- Operator Presence System (Auto Park Brake)
- Pilot Hydraulic Implement Controls, Single Joystick
- Push Button Panel for Lights
- Suspension Seat with Retractable Seat Belt
- STIC Steering
- Power Train
- Cat C15 ATAAC Diesel Engine, 6-Cylinder
- Brake Axle Cooling
- Electric Fuel Priming Pump
- Engine Air Intake Precleaner
- Engine Oil Filter, Remote Mounted
- Heat Shields
- Long Life Coolant
- Planetary Powershift Transmission with Automatic Shift Control, 4 Speed Forward/4 Speed Reverse
- Radiator, Cross Flow
- Radiator Cap Manual Release
- Rims, 5-Piece, Tubeless
- SAFR™ Full Hydraulic Enclosed Wet Multiple-Disc Brakes
- Torque Converter with Automatic Lockup Clutch
- Transmission Neutralizer
- Transmission Filter Drain Tap
- Other Standard Equipment
- Brake Light
- Bucket, Dump
- Bucket Lip, Hardox 450 Bucket
- Bucket Positioner, Return To Dig
- Catalytic Exhaust Purifier/Muffler Group
- Decals, International Picto Graphics
- Fuel System
– Single Fuel Tank, Bolt-In
– Fuel System Manual Shut Off Taps
- Engine and Transmission Belly Guards
- Fenders, Front, Rear
– Hand Hold (Acces On/Off Top Deck)
– Fold Down
- Operation and Maintenance Manual – English and other applicable local languages to select
- Protection Wear Bars 100 × 50 mm (4 × 2 in)
- Semi Centralized Lubrication Points
- Rim, 5-Piece, Tubeless
- S·O·S port
– Engine Oil
– Hydraulic Oil
– Transmission Oil
- Swing Out Radiator Grill
- Tires and Rims: A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section of the machine price list. Base machine price includes a standard tubeless rim allowance only.
- Optional Equipment
- Battery and Engine Shutdown Switches
– Ground Level Isolation, In Cab Isolation Switch
– Ground Level Isolation, Engine Shutdown Switch
– Ground Level Isolation, In Cab Isolation, Engine Shutdown Switch
- Brake Pressure Gauges
- Brake Release Arrangements
– Recovery Hook
– Recovery Bar
– Various Sizes, Dump (6.3m³/8.2yd³ to 8.9 m³/11.6 yd³)
– Bucket, Light Weight Material (10.5 m³/13.7 yd³ to 11.6 m³/15.2 yd³)
– Bucket Spill Guard
- Bucket Hardware
– Cutting Edge, Cat Weld On
– Cutting Edge, Half Arrow, Flat
– Cutting Edge, Bolt-On
– Heel Shrouds
– Mechanical Attached Shroud (MAS)
– Mechanically Attached Wear Plate System, Cutting Edge Protection (MAWPS)
– Mechanically Attached Wear Plate System, Bottom Protection (MAWPS)
– Protector Pads (Bottom of Bucket)
– Wear Bars
– Wear Liner
- Bucket Lip
– Lip Fully Welded or Tack Welded
– Lip Bare (No Hardware)
- Bolt-On Lip
– MAS Ready (Mechanically Attached Shrouds)
- Camera, Color Rear Facing
- Cover, Anti Vandalism for Shipping
- Draw Bar Attachment, Bolt-On
- Engine Options
– Engine, Ventilation Reduction (VR)
– Engine, Equivalent to Tier 3
– Engine, EU Stage V
– After-treatment options (for use with VR Engine only)
- DPF (Flow Through)
- DPF (Wall Flow)
- Fast Fill System
– Engine Oil
– Hydraulic Oil
– Transmission Oil
- Fire Suppression System
– Ansul, Wet for Stage V
– Ansul, Wet for VR and Tier 3 equivalent
– Arctic Coolant
– Arctic Fuel
- Front Light Protectors
- Fuel System
– Fuel Lines Double Braided (Stainless Sleeving)
– Fuel Lines Standard Braided (Double Braid Hydraulic Hose)
- Guard, Rear Side Quarter Window
- Hydraulic System
– Alternate Implement/Pilot Control Configuration
- Lubrication System
- Operator’s Station, Enclosed ROPS/FOPS
– Air Conditioning
– Cab Pressurizer and Filter
– Dome Light
– Radio Ready Compartment for Radio and Speakers
- Park Brake Switch Engagement
– Push to Apply
– Pull to Apply
- Payload Control System
– Loadrite L2180
- Remote Control Interface (excludes Transmitter and Receiver)
– High Efficiency
- Reversible Steering
- Reflective Tape
- Ride Control System
– Rim Identification Numbering
– Spare (Tubeless)
– Seat Covers, Tee, Air and Standard
– Suspension Seat Tee, Vinyl
– Suspension Seat Air, Vinyl
- Secondary Steering System
- Service Tools
– Collet Jacking Bolts
– Recovery Bar (for use with Brake Release, Recovery Bar System)
– Engine Shutdown, Fire Suppression Activation
– Idle Timer
– Engine Shutdown/Idle Timer
– Command for Underground
– Wifi (Product Link™ Elite)
- Tire Arrangements
– Tire, 29.5 × R29 VSM L-5S Bridgestone
– Tire, 29.5 × R29 VSDL L-5 Bridgestone
- Wear Protection Bars
– Hydraulic Tank
– Single Pane
– Dual Pane
- NOTE: Not all features are available in all regions. See your Cat dealer for more information.
- Battery and Engine Shutdown Switches