973K Track Loader
better traction so you can start the job earlier and work longer in soft underfoot conditions. Purpose-built Waste Handler, Steel Mill and Low Ground Pressure configurations stand up to the toughest applications. This new generation of Cat® Track Loaders brings you all of this, plus improved performance and fuel efficiency.
For complete machine specifications and available configurations, please see your Cat dealer or visit www.cat.com.
- Flywheel Power
- Engine Model
- Cat C9.3 ACERT
- Net Power - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (DIN)
- Net Power - ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- Note (1)
- All nonroad Tier 4 Interim and Final, Stage IIIB and IV and Korea Tier 4 Final diesel engines are required to use only Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) with 15 ppm (mg/kg) of sulfur or less, or up to B20 biodiesel blended with ULSD. B20 should meet ASTM D74
- Note (2)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) used in Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241.
- Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Korea Tier 4
- Operating Weight
- Operating Weight - Waste Handler
- Operating Weight - Steel Mill
- Operating Weight - Wide Gauge
- Capacity - General Purpose
- Capacity - Performance Series
- Width - General Purpose
- Width - Performance Series
- Width - Multi-Purpose
- Width - Landfill
- Width - Slag
- Capacity - Landfill
- Capacity - Multi-Purpose
- Capacity - Slag
- Track on Ground
- Track Gauge
- Track Rollers/Shoes - Each Side
- Ground Pressure* - Standard Shoe - 550 mm (21.6 in)
- Ground Pressure* - Optional Shoe - 675 mm (26.6 in)
- Ground Pressure* - Wide Gauge - 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Ground Contact Area* - Optional Shoe - 675 mm (26.6 in)
- Ground Contact Area* - Standard Shoe - 550 mm (21.6 in)
- Ground Contact Area* - Wide Gauge - 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Track Shoe Width - Optional
- Track Shoe Width - Standard
- Track Shoe Width - Wide Gauge
- Grouser Height - Double Grouser
- *ISO 16754:2008.
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 101.5gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 9.2gal (US)
- Overall Machine Width without Bucket: With Standard Tracks - 550 mm (21.6 in) Shoes
- Machine Height - Top of Cab
- Overall Machine Length*
- Carry Position Approach Angle
- Digging Depth*
- Maximum Rollback - Ground/Carry Position
- Bucket Height - Carry Position
- Reach at Full Lift Height and 45° Dump*
- Clearance at Full Lift Height and 45° Dump*
- Maximum Rollback/Dump - Fully Raised
- Grading Angle
- Ground Clearance
- Height - Bucket Hinge Pin
- Height - Top of Stack
- *With General Purpose bucket and heavy duty teeth.
- Overall Machine Height - Bucket Fully Raised
- Ramp Angle
Air Conditioning System
- Air Conditioning
- The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.89 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 2.717 metric tonnes.
- Largest track loader in the industry provides the power, breakout force and capacity to take on tough construction utility, forestry and quarry jobs.
- Specialized Steel Mill configuration factory equipped to withstand high temperatures and steel mill conditions – handle hot slag with ease and safety.
- Purpose-built Waste Handler features added guarding and seals, specialized air handling, plus a choice of track shoes and buckets to take on the challenges of landfill and transfer station work.
- Quick coupler option adds versatility by allowing easy use of forks, buckets, etc. from wheel loaders and other machines.
- Reduce your fuel costs, using 10-25 percent less fuel per hour than the previous model.
- Move up to 10 percent more material per hour with optional Performance Series bucket.
- Easier maintenance and repair with a tilt cab and convenient service access points.
- Demand fan provides efficient cooling plus easy service/clean-out access.
- Manage your fleet more effectively and profitably through remote monitoring with Product Link™/VisionLink®.
- Smoother implement and steering response, and improved steering performance over the previous model.
- Precise, responsive performance with features like load sensing hydraulics and position sensing cylinders.
- Power and fast response under load with a Cat C9.3 ACERT™ engine.
- Reduced engine noise* – quieter for the operator and others around the work site.
*Compared to the 973D.
Ease of Operation
- Updated cab offers operator comforts like suspension seat, adjustable armrests and controls, and an improved air conditioning system.
- Choose either joystick or two-lever implement controls to match operator preference or application.
- Speed/steering controls available as either a joystick or as v-lever and foot pedals.
- Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV/Korea Tier 4 emission standards with emissions reduction technology that is designed to be transparent – regeneration runs automatically in the background while you work.
- New handles and steps help operators climb on and off the machine more easily, from the front or the back of the tracks.
- Excellent visibility to the bucket and all around the machine enhances safety and helps operators work more confidently.