795F AC Mining Trucks
in the industry. Designed and manufactured by Caterpillar, the 795F AC is the first AC electric drive truck that is single sourced from one manufacturer, and supported by the best dealer network in the industry.
Weights - Approximate
- Nominal Rated Payload
- 372ton (US)
- Rated Gross Machine Weight
- Chassis Weight
- Body Weight - MSD
- Note (1)
- Consult your tire manufacturer for maximum tire load.
- Note (2)
- Chassis weight with full fuel and fluids, standard & mandatory attachments, hoist, body mounting group, rims, and tires.
- Note (3)
- Refer to Cat Mining Truck 10/10/20 Overload Policy (AEHQ0250) for maximum gross machine weight limitations.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C175-16
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- Rated Speed
- Emissions Rating
- Fuel Optimized/Optional U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Tier 2 Standard Equivalent
- Note (1)
- Net Power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with air intake system, exhaust system, and alternator.
- Note (2)
- Additional fuel optimized selectable power ratings: 2312 kw / 3,100 hp
- Note (3)
- Contact factory for trolley configuration.
AC Drive System
- Total Reduction Ratio
- Top Speed - Loaded
- Brushless, remote mounted, dual bearing
- IGBT Inverter Technology, air cooled, pressurized cabinet with filtration
- Wheel Motor
- Rear axle mounted Cat AC induction
- Cooling System
- Variable speed, hydraulic cooling system
- Steer Angle
- Turning Diameter - Front
- Steering Standards
- ISO 5010:2007
- Turning Diameter (ISO 7457:2009)
- Air Conditioning
- HFC - 134A refrigerant: 24300 Btu/hr
- Heater / Defroster
- Ambient capabilities down to -30C (-22F) for heater/defroster and up to 50C (122F) for air conditioning.
- ROPS Standards (1)
- The operator sound pressure level, 75 dB(A), complies with ISO 6394:2008 and ISO 6396:2008.
- ROPS Standards (2)
- ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) meets ISO 3471:2008 criteria.
- FOPS Standards
- FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) meets ISO 3449:2005 Level II criteria.
- Self-contained nitrogen/oil cylinders, pin-to-pin mounting, top & bottom double shear clevis attachments
- Effective Cylinder Stroke - Front
- Effective Cylinder Stroke - Rear
- Rear axle - Oscillation
- Twin, two-stage hydraulic cylinders with snubbing valve.
- Pump Flow - High Idle
- Relief Valve Setting - Raise
- Body Raise Time - High Idle
- Body Lower Time - Float
- Body Power Down - High Idle
- Service Brakes
- Four-Corner, Wet Disc, Oil Cooled, Hydraulically Actuated
- Front Wet Disc Brake Surface Area
- Rear - Wet Disc Brake Surface Area
- Service and Secondary: ISO 3450:1996
- Parking Brake
- Four corner, multi disk, spring applied, hydraulically released
- Load Brake
- Rear service brakes
- Dynamic Retarding Power - Continuous
- Standard Tires
- 59/80 R63
- Optional Tires
- 56/80 R63
- 41" x 63"
- Note (1)
- Quick Change Rims optional.
- Note (2)
- Caterpillar recommends the customer evaluate all job conditions and consult tire manufacturer for proper tire selection and TKPH (TMPH) capabilities.
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 950gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 291gal (US)
- 82gal (US)
- Front Wheels - Each
- 8gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 90gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 134gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 396gal (US)
- Grease Tank
Capacity - MSD II - 100% Fill Factor
- 122-211 m³ (159-276 yd³)
- Heaped (SAE 2:1)
- 181-252 m³ (237-330 yd³)
- Consult your local Cat dealer for body recommendations.
Weight Distributions - Approximate
- Front Axle - Empty
- Rear Axle - Empty
- Front Axle - Loaded
- Rear Axle - Loaded
- Weight distributions optimized with Cat body.
- Height - Top of ROPS
- Overall Length
- Wheel Base
- Rear Axle - Tail
- Ground Clearance
- Dump Clearance
- Loading Height - Empty
- Overall Height - Body Raised
- Centerline Front Tire Width
- Engine Guard Clearance
- Overall Canopy Width
- Outside Body Width
- Inside Body Width
- Front Canopy Height
- Rear Axle - Clearance
- Centerline of Rear Dual Tire Width
- Overall Tire Width
Standard 60 mm (24") stairways with an optional Powered Access Stairway allow easy and safe access and egress.
- Integrated Blended Braking with Traction Control
Front brakes are automatically blended when slip is sensed to give excellent control in slippery conditions. The operator can also choose full time front brake blending. Front brakes are also automatically blended when dynamic retarding approaches 90% of its capacity. Front brake blending yields superior control and high operator confidence.
- GVW within Tire Manufacturers Guidelines
At rated GVW the 795F AC is within tire loading guidelines for approved 56/80R63 and 59/80R63 tires.
- Cat Detect System
Knowing what's around your 795F AC at all times is important. The Cat Detect system is factory installed as standard equipment on 795F AC Mining Trucks.
The full Cat Detect system, RADAR AND CAMERA, provides both audible and visual indications of detected objects. This system uses a combination of short and medium range radars which surround the machine, along with cameras on each side to allow the operator to confirm the detected object.
The cameras supplement the radar alerts and are selectable by touch screen menus through an intuitive interface.
- PROVEN AND WORKING AROUND THE WORLD
— Over 5.5 million hours of field operation and powertrain validation
— More than 60,000 hours on the highest-hour 795F AC
— 5,300 C175 engines in operation with more than 63 million hours in machine applications
- A TRUCK YOU CAN DEPEND ON
The Cat 795F AC is long-lasting, easy to service and reliable.
— With the right plan, it has been proven to deliver 90% availability.
- SUPERIOR CONTROLLABILITY
— Strong dynamic retarding
— Robust design empowers operator to use oil-cooled brakes regardless of speed or payload
- BUMPER-TO-BUMPER CATERPILLAR
The individual components, software, systems and engine that go inside a Cat truck have different purposes, but they have one very important thing in common: They are all manufactured by Caterpillar and supported by the Cat dealer network.
This integration ensures that the entire truck — from body to bumper, engine to electronics — can be fully optimized to deliver the lowest cost per ton.
- INTEGRATED POWER
The 795F AC is simple to learn and simple to operate thanks to a control and integration package that works seamlessly with the truck's powertrain components.
The Cat engine, AC drive system, hydraulics and controls have been integrated to make the 795F AC easy to operate, providing excellent slow speed control within the service areas, and superior throttle response on acceleration out of loading or dumping areas.
— Integration of the engine and powertrain delivers low operating costs through electronically combined powertrain components.
- YOUR PARTNER FOR THE COMPLETE EQUIPMENT LIFECYCLE
No one knows more about how to get the most from a piece of Cat equipment than your local Cat dealer. This one-of-a-kind, on-the-ground support network delivers expert service, integrated solutions, after-sales support, fast and efficient parts fulfilment, world-class rebuild and remanufacturing capabilities, and more.
Cat dealers operate as nearly 200 local businesses — each one fully embedded in and committed to the geographic area it serves. That means you work with people you know, who know your business, and who respond on your timeframe.
- MINING — FOR A — BETTER WORLD
Governments and regulatory agencies mandate that you establish and follow environmentally sound policies and practices as you meet the demand for mined materials. We're focused on doing our part to make sure our trucks help you meet those regulations.
- REDUCING EMISSIONS
We've designed the 795F AC to be more fuel efficient, which reduces engine emissions. The truck offers continuous rear axle filtration, extended life filters and extended maintenance intervals, which aid in decreasing the amount of waste contributed to the environment.
We also continue to research alternative energy sources such as biofuels (B20) and a liquefied natural gas-supplied Dynamic Gas Blending solutions, electrification and trolley to find new ways to reduce emissions. In addition, we preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions through the Cat Reman program, which returns end-of-life components to like-new condition.
The Cat AC drive is a high voltage system (2,600 volts) that operates at lower current than most competitive trucks. When combined with Cat's total integration and design of the truck and drive system, the result is higher efficiency, lower heat generation, smaller and lighter components, and longer component life.
—The Enhanced Engine Oil Filtration (EEOF) package, eliminates the need for an engine oil filter change and reduces oil usages.
- CAT TROLLEY ASSIST ATTACHMENT
When connected to the trolley system, the truck's propulsion system becomes powered purely with electricity from the power grid, minimizing the use of the diesel engine and maximizing the full potential of the wheel motors.
The truck experiences a 90%+ reduction in diesel fuel burn rate while connected to the trolley line, with an approximate savings of 40 liters (10.6 gallons) of diesel fuel per each 1000 m (3,281 ft) of trolley operation. The use of trolley assist has been shown to increase machine engine life by up to approximately 25%.
Thanks to the significant decrease in diesel fuel burn while on trolley, engines are exposed to less wear and tear, thus increasing the engine's life until overhaul.
- BUILT TO BE REBUILT
Cat trucks are designed to last over 100,000 hours, and many are going well beyond that. The frame, powertrain, engine and components are built to be rebuilt — using new, remanufactured or rebuilt parts and components — so you can take advantage of multiple lives of like-new performance at a fraction-of-new price.
- PAYLOAD ADVANTAGE
— Lower empty weight
— Higher-rated Gross Machine Weight (GMW)
— Higher-rated field payload than competitors
- LONG-LIFE ENGINES & COMPONENTS
— Many engines approaching 4.3 million liters / 1.1 million gallons of fuel burn
— Engine life beyond 20,000 hours
- Cat® MineStar™ Solutions
Whether you want to address a single challenge or make step changes in the overall safety, efficiency and productivity of your surface operation, Cat® MineStar™ has a solution for you. MineStar is the mining industry's most comprehensive and thoroughly integrated suite of technology offerings.
Cat Fleet helps you identify opportunities to improve truck efficiency in ways that reduce costs, boost productivity and add real value to your bottom line.
— Eliminate Queuing
— Optimize Shift Changes
— Reduce Fuel Stops
- COMMAND FOR HAULING
This autonomous hauling solution helps improve productivity, efficiency and profitability while reducing overall costs.
What if your trucks could respond to calls to the shovel, move into position, haul to dump points and even report for maintenance — all without an operator on board? That's what Cat Command for hauling enables.
But this autonomous Cat MineStar solution is more than just an operator-free system. It takes advantage of the most sophisticated technologies available to deliver a next-generation haulage solution — one that boosts safety, productivity and availability on busy mine sites, especially those in difficult or remote locations. With autonomous hauling, the future is here — and we're there to help you bring it to your operation.
With the MineStar Detect proximity detection system, you can equip your 795F with cameras to give your operators a better view of what's happening around their equipment — or combine cameras and radar into a true object detection system that automatically alerts operators to hazards.
You can even add satellite capabilities to provide proximity warnings and avoidance zones, seat-belt monitoring that encourages operators to buckle up, and in-cab systems that intervene when they detect fatigue or distraction.
Truck Body Systems
- GET THE RIGHT BODY FOR THE JOB
When it comes to truck bodies, one size does not fit all. And when it comes to your Cat truck, Cat bodies are the best choice. We follow a dynamic approach to engineering — treating the body as part of a system rather than a static structure. Cat bodies are designed to be an integral part of the entire vehicle system, ensuring you achieve maximum chassis life.
— They're sized to meet payload requirements without compromise to vehicle balance, braking or control.
— From the design to the materials, manufacturing to shipping, the entire process meets Cat standards of quality and control.
— The Caterpillar exclusive 10/10/20 payload guidelines help achieve a balance of excellent payload with safe operation.
- Integrated Body and Chassis Design
Integral to the truck the body is designed to fit with the chassis and work as part of the truck system. Each body is sized to meet the payload requirements without compromise to vehicle balance, braking or control.
- High Efficiency (HE) Body
The body is sized and configured to meet the specific needs dictated by fragmentation, abrasion, cohesion, and the loading tool to maximize the payload capability of the truck.
- Curved floor, front, and canopy strengthens entire body as a structure.
- Strength of base plates allows minimal wear package and low operating weight.
- Joint isolation system reinforces welded areas and exploits high strength main plates.
- Runners transfer weight to the truck frame.
- MORE TIME HAULING, LESS TIME SERVICING
— Open engine access for service of engine, generator and inverter
— Ground level filters and service
— Component layout with minimized hydraulics
— Separation of hydraulic and electric wiring
— Separate traction motors, brakes and final drives for ease of service
— Modular component design that allows for easy removal and installation
— AC grid blower motor designed for longer life and less maintenance
— Pressurized and filtered AC drive inverter that requires less maintenance
— Sealed & pressurized cabinets, which require no cleaning
— Bumper service center
- MSD II Body: Body, MSD II, 181 m3 (237 yd3) Body, MSD II, 220 m3 (288 yd3)
- MSD II Body Attachments: Extensions, 400 mm (~15 in) 206 m3 (270 yd3); Fits 181 m3 (237 yd3) body Extensions, 395 mm (~15 in) 237 m3 (310 yd3); Fits 220 m3 (288 yd3) body Extensions, 550 mm (~21 in) 248 m3 (324 yd3); Fits 220 m3 (288 yd3) body Extensions, 675 mm (~26 in) 252 m3 (330 yd3); Fits 220 m3 (288 yd3) body
- Films, Body
- Gateless Coal Body: Body, Gateless Coal, 352 m3 (460 yd3)
- Gateless Coal Body Attachments: Extensions, 440 mm (~17 in) 382 m3 (500 yd3) Extensions, 875 mm (~34 in) 413 m3 (540 yd3) Extensions, 1060 mm (~41 in) 428 m3 (560 yd3)
- Body Mounting Groups
- MSD II Body
- Gateless Coal Body
- Optional Equipment
- Access Platform, Rear Part of Chassis
- Additional Lighting
- Additional Retarding for Downhill Hauls
- Air Start, Turbine, TDI
- Antifreeze/Coolant Protects to –50° C (–58° F)
– MSD II Body:
- Body, MSD II, 181 m³ (237 yd³)
- Body, MSD II, 220 m³ (288 yd³)
– MSD II Body Attachments:
- Extensions, 400 mm (~15 in) 206 m³ (270 yd³); Fits 181 m³ (237 yd³) body
- Extensions, 395 mm (~15 in) 237 m³ (310 yd³); Fits 220 m³ (288 yd³) body
- Extensions, 550 mm (~21 in) 248 m³ (324 yd³); Fits 220 m³ (288 yd³) body
- Extensions, 675 mm (~26 in) 252 m³ (330 yd³); Fits 220 m³ (288 yd³) body
– Films, Body
– Gateless Coal Body:
- Body, Gateless Coal, 352 m³ (460 yd³)
– Gateless Coal Body Attachments:
- Extensions, 440 mm (~17 in) 382 m³ (500 yd³)
- Extensions, 875 mm (~34 in) 413 m³ (540 yd³)
- Extensions, 1060 mm (~41 in) 428 m³ (560 yd³)
- Body Heat
- Body Mounting Groups
– MSD II Body
– Gateless Coal Body
- Brake Wear Indicator Gauge
- Cabin Air Precleaner
- Camera Only Vision System
- Cat Comfort Air Suspension Trainer Seat
- Cat Comfort Heated Operator Seat
- Electric Powered Window, Right Side
- Electric Starting System
- Engine (High Altitude)* (*For certain markets only.)
- Engine Coolant and Oil Heater for Cold Weather Starts
- Engine Delay Shutdown Timer
- Filtration, Final Drive Oil Cooler
- External Digital Payload Display
- Fuel Tank (7192 L/1,900 gal)
- Gauge, Brake Wear Indicator
- Ground Access, Powered
- Ground Access, Fixed, Reversed
- Ground Access, Powered, Reversed
- Heated Mirrors, RH
- Heated Mirrors, LH
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Lighting (front and rear)
- Horn, Air or Electric, LH or RH
- Instructions (ANSI or ISO)
- Language Monitors – English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian, Latin, Lithuanian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Greek, Roman, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Finnish, Danish, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnam, Malaysian, Chinese, Japan, Korean, Croat, Serbian, Mongolian, Hebrew, Turkish, Arabic
- Machine Access, Reversed
- Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Retractable Front Sun Visor
- Road Analysis Control (RAC)
- Seat, Full Size, Trainer
- Service Center, Pressurized System
- Service Center, Non-Pressurized System
- SL-V Grease Injectors
- Wheel Chocks
- Wheels, Wedge, 1041 mm (41 in)
- Cat Trolley Assist Attachment