- Nominal Payload Capacity
- 255ton (US)
- Top Speed - Loaded
- Steer Angle
- Turning Diameter - Front
- Turning Circle - Clearance Diameter
- Gross Machine Operating Weight
- 386 007 or 390 089 kg (851,000 or 860,000 lb)
- Refer to the Cat Mining Truck 10/10/20 Overload Policy for maximum gross machine weight limitations.
- Engine Model
- Cat C175-16
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Torque Rise
- Meets Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- Note (1)
- Power ratings apply at 1,750 rpm when tested under the specified condition for the specified standard.
- Note (2)
- Ratings based on SAE J1995 standard air conditions of 25° C (77° F) and 99 kPa (29.61 Hg) dry barometer. Power based on fuel having API gravity of 35 at 16° C (60° F) and an LHV of 42.780 kJ/kg (18,390 Btu/lb) when engine used at 30° C (86° F).
- Note (3)
- No engine derating required up to 3200 m (10,500 ft) altitude.
Weight Distributions - Approximate
- Front Axle - Empty
- Rear Axle - Empty
- Front Axle - Loaded
- Rear Axle - Loaded
Weights - Approximate
- Chassis Weight
- Body Weight Range
- 26 862-47 627 kg (59,220-105,000 lb)
- Note (1)
- Chassis weight with 100 percent fuel, hoist, body mounting group, rims and 40.00R57 tires.
- Note (2)
- Body weight varies depending on how body is equipped.
- Steering Standards
- ISO 5010:2007
- Pump Flow - High Idle
- Relief Valve Setting - Raise
- Body Raise Time - High Idle
- Body Lower Time - Float
- Body Power Down - High Idle
- Note (1)
- Twin, two-stage hydraulic cylinders mounted outside main frame, double-acting cylinders in second stage.
- Note (2)
- Power raise in both stages, power down in second stage.
- Note (3)
- Automatic body lower modulation reduces impact on frame.
- Effective Cylinder Stroke - Front
- Effective Cylinder Stroke - Rear
- Rear axle - Oscillation
- ±4.9 degrees
Capacity - HP - 100% Fill Factor
- 112.6-151 m³ (147-197.5 yd³)
- Heaped (SAE 2:1)*
- 162-191 m³ (212-250 yd³)
- Note (1)
- Contact your local Cat dealer for body recommendation.
- Note (2)
- *ISO 6483:1980
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 750gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 284gal (US)
- 82gal (US)
- Rear Axle - Housing
- 260gal (US)
- Steering System - Including Tank
- 77gal (US)
- Brake Hoist System - Includes Tank
- 347gal (US)
- Torque Converter - Transmission Sump
- 27gal (US)
- Torque Converter/Transmission System - Including Sump
- 55gal (US)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank
- 62gal (US)
- ROPS Standards
- ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) cab offered by Caterpillar meets ISO 3471:2008 for Operator and ISO 13459:2012 for Trainer.
- FOPS Standards
- FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) meets ISO 3449:2005 for Operator and ISO 13459:2012 Level II FOPS for Trainer.
- Height - Top of ROPS
- Overall Length
- Wheel Base
- Rear Axle - Tail
- Ground Clearance
- Dump Clearance
- Loading Height - Empty
- Overall Height - Body Raised
- Centerline Front Tire Width
- Engine Guard Clearance
- Overall Canopy Width
- Outside Body Width
- Inside Body Width
- Front Canopy Height
- Rear Axle - Clearance
- Centerline of Rear Dual Tire Width
- Overall Tire Width
- Forward - 1
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 4
- Forward - 5
- Forward - 6
- Differential Ratio
- Planetary Ratio
- Total Reduction Ratio
- Outside Diameter
- Brake Surface - Front
- Brake Surface - Rear
- ISO 3450:1996
- Sound Standards (1)
- The operator sound pressure level measured according to work cycle procedures specified in ISO 6394 and 6396 is 74 dB(A) for cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with doors and windows closed.
- Sound Standards (2)
- Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in a noisy environment.
Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards, and features the Caterpillar Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system that provides the least Total Fluid Consumption cost with greater reliability.
High Performance Engine
- High Performance Engine
The Cat® C175-16 engine offers you the perfect balance between power, robust design and economy.
- The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
- Is compliant with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emission requirements.
- The 20 percent net torque rise of the C175-16 provides unequalled lugging force during acceleration on steep grades and in rough underfoot conditions. Torque rise effectively matches transmission shift points for maximum efficiency and fast cycle times.
- High displacement, low rpm rating and conservative horsepower ratings mean more time on the haul roads and less time in the shop.
- The Cat Common Rail Fuel System is an electronically-controlled system senses operating conditions and regulates fuel delivery for optimum fuel efficiency. This precise and flexible fuel system gives the engine the ability to meet emission regulations without sacrificing performance, reliability or durability.
- The flexible core design of the MESABI radiator means easier serviceability along with long life and high durability.
- You have two starter options: The tank on the standard air start system is ground level serviceable, while the electric start option allows the air system to be totally removed from the truck.
- Enhanced Engine Oil Filtration System (SCF/COF): reduces risk of contamination, extends oil change intervals & reduces oil waste, and eliminates cartridge filter changes
- Servicing Ease
Improved serviceability points and grouped service locations mean your truck spends more time on the haul road than in the shop.
- In-Frame Access
Easy access to daily service points simplifies servicing and reduces your time spent on regular maintenance procedures. Enhanced serviceability and long service intervals are designed to increase machine availability and productivity.
- Ground Level Access
Gives you easy access to major components for easy servicing and removal.
Automatic lubrication system reduces your maintenance time by automatically lubricating necessary components on a regular basis.
- Scheduled Oil Sampling
S·O·S SM sampling valves speed sampling and analysis reliability.
- Pressure Test Points
Disconnect valves are conveniently located throughout the hydraulic systems for easy pressure testing.
- Sealed Electrical Connectors
Electrical connectors are sealed to lock out dust and moisture. Harnesses are braided for protection. Wires are color-coded for easy diagnosis and repair.
- Oil Change Intervals
Extended oil change intervals reduce oil waste.
Cat oil-cooled, multiple disc brakes on all four corners offer you exceptional, fade-resistant braking.
Power Shift Transmission
A smooth shifting six speed transmission using ECPC gives operators a comfortable ride, constant power and improved fuel efficiency.
1 – Transmission,
2 – Lock-Up Torque Converter,
3 – Final Drives
Reliable Mechanical Drive System
The 793F's power train gives you the fastest truck on steep grades, poor underfoot conditions and on haul roads with high rolling resistance.
Operators find the large, spacious cab offers unmatched visibility and exceptional comfort.
Truck Body Systems
- Truck Body Systems
You have four body options with the 793F: X Body, MSD II (Mine Specific Design),Gateless Coal Body and High Performance Body. These bodies are specifically designed to work with the Cat frame for superior structural performance.
- 1 - X Body
If you have a new mine or are a contract miner the X Body is designed for you. It uses the Cat Mine Specific Design process to create a body that is properly sized and configured to meet the specific requirements of heavy-duty applications. The X Body design offers a larger volume with no weight penalty.
- 2 - MSD II
The MSD II bodies are intended for established mines and are customized to suit your specific mining applications based on a mine site evaluation. The MSD II is the best lightweight body ever built for mining applications and achieves excellent payload performance.
- 3 - Gateless Coal Body
The Gateless Coal Body is intended for dedicated coal haulage applications. It can be loaded to achieve target payload across the full range of coal densities. The body is designed and built using the MSD II Body concept, ensuring superior durability and reliability.
- 4 - High Performance Body
When you equip your truck with a Cat High Performance (HP) body, you’ll experience the benefits of a higher payload thanks to a weight reduction of 2.0-5.0 tonnes (2.2-5.5 tons) or more. The HP body features a lightweight, simplified and durable design that provides complete front machine coverage and extended overhead protection.
- Optional Equipment
- Additional Retarding for Downhill Hauls
- Body Heat
- Cat Comfort Air Suspension Trainer Seat
- Antifreeze/Coolant Protects to –50° C (–58° F)
- Brake Wear Indicator Gauge
- Cabin Air Precleaner
- Center Tow Bumper Attachment
- Electric Powered Window, Right Side
- Electric Starting System
- Engine Coolant and Oil Heater for Cold Weather Starts
- Additional Lighting
- High Visibility Reflector Group
- Workshop Horn
- Working at Heights
- Emergency Stop
- Four Mirror Package
- Hydraulic Tank Mud Guards
- Engine Delay Shutdown Timer
- Extended Life Wheel Stations
- External Digital Payload Display
- Fast Fill Service Center with Live SOS and Keypad
- Cat Comfort Heated Operator Seat
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Lighting (front and rear)
- Hub Odometer (km and miles)
- Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Rear Axle Lubrication Cooler
- Retractable Front Sun Visor
- Rim Guard
- Rims (813 mm/32 in)
- Road Analysis Control (RAC)
- Throttle Lock
- Walkway and Handrail for Rear Cab Access
- Wheel Chocks
- Work Area Vision System (WAVS)