M316F Wheeled Excavator
Working hard has never been easier with Cat® F Series Wheeled Excavators. Enjoy the versatility offered by integrated solutions and technologies that do repetitive tasks for you. These machines are ...
designed to help you take on the wide variety of challenges you face every day, and at a lower cost.
- Engine Model
- Cat C4.4
- Net Power
- Maximum Torque - 1,400 rpm
- *Metric values.
- Number of Cylinders - In Line
- Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards.
- Engine Power - Maximum Gross - ISO 14396
- 110 kW (148 hp [150 hp]*)
- Engine Power - Maximum Net - ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- 105 kW (141 hp [143 hp]*)
- Maximum Travel Speed
- Swing Speed
- Maximum Swing Torque
- Drawbar Pull
- Maximum Gradeability (16 500 kg/36,380 lb)
- Maximum Forward/Reverse - 2nd Gear
- Ground Clearance
- *For Optional Trailer Package – Not available in Australia/New Zealand.
- Maximum Towable Trailer Mass*
- Operating Weight*
- 15 410 to 17 490 kg (33,973 to 38,559 lb)
- VA Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers
- VA Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers
- One-Piece Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers
- One-Piece Boom - Front Dozer, Rear Outriggers
- *Includes long stick, 3200 kg (7,055 lb) counterweight, full fuel tank, operator, dual pneumatic tires. Weight varies depending on configuration.
- 3200/3700 kg (7,055/8,157 lb)
- Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure
- Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure
- Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure
- Maximum Flow - Swing Mechanism
- Maximum Flow - Implement/Travel Circuit
- Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure
- 63.4gal (US)
- Swing Mechanism
- Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Normal and Travel Circuit
- Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Heavy Lift
- VA Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Digging Height
- VA Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Digging Depth
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Dump Height
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Height
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- VA Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Height
- VA Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Dump Height
- One-Piece Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Digging Height
- One-Piece Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Reach at Ground Level
- One-Piece Boom - 3100 mm (10'2") Stick Length*: Digging Depth
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Dump Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2600 mm (8'6") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Reach at Ground Level
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Dump Height
- One-Piece Boom - 2400 mm (7'10") Stick Length: Digging Depth
- Note (1)
- Range values are calculated with GD bucket 1100 mm (3'7"), 0.80 m3 (1.05 yd3) with tips K080 and quick coupler with a tip radius of 1574 mm (5'2").
- Note (2)
- *Industrial stick (no bucket linkage). Not available in Australia and New Zealand.
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank - Total Capacity
- 87.2gal (US)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank
- 5gal (US)
PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Cat C4.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards. Emissions technology is transparent – no action required from the operator and no stopping for regeneration.
- Dedicated swing pump, allowing faster, smoother combined movements.
- Built-in fuel savers, eliminating waste with features like Auto Engine Speed Control, Engine Idle Shutdown and efficient Eco Mode.
- “On-Demand” Strategies, to consume just the right amount of fuel, with on-demand fan or new optimized demand-driven driveline.
- Highly mobile, the M316F can travel up to 35 km/h (22 mph).
EXPAND YOUR CAPABILITIES
- Flexible configurations to meet all your needs with various booms/sticks, tires, undercarriages and counterweights.
- “Plug and Play” design, with complete integration of the whole portfolio of Cat attachments. – Auxiliary hydraulics, including high pressure. – Readiness for Cat Pin Grabber quick coupler (with lines and circuits). – The monitor can allow ten hydraulic pump flow and pressure settings at the same time. – Trailer-ready package option*. Just add your hitch and go.
- Joystick buttons/sliders can be set up per tool as desired.
- Utility and finishing work are fast and flawless with a Cat compactor, finishing bucket or tilt bucket.
- Demolition work is easy with a Cat hammer, grapple, shear, or multi-processor.
- Couplers let you swap between attachments in seconds without leaving the cab.
* Not available in Australia/New Zealand.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL
- A complete package of smart technologies with features like Cruise Control or automatic brake and axle lock. Optional boosters like Ride Control, SmartBoom™, joystick steering are available.
- Everything can be adjusted in the cab from the steering column height to the electrically adjustable mirrors.
- Ergonomic cab with controls kept to a minimum and conveniently located.
- Split-screen monitor to allow quick view of both cameras on the same display.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Integrated devices to help enforce safe behavior, like seat belt indicator, or the speed limit setting when roading in reverse with the upper frame rotated.
- Visibility: large glass areas, rear/side cameras. LED lamps for all working lights and cameras.
- For added protection, the optional impact resistant windshield meets the EN356 P5A standard.
- Integrated pin code adds anti-theft security to your equipment.
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Ground level access to all routine maintenance (like fuel and engine oil filters).
- Easy access: clean, simple design. Radiators are all gathered together.
- Reduced maintenance: automatic features (like lubrication system) along with long greasing intervals. No Diesel Particulate Filter.
TECHNOLOGY THAT PUSHES PROFITS
- Product Link™ connects owners to their equipment, providing access to machine data such as location, hours, fuel consumption, idle time, events, and diagnostic codes.