320 GC Hydraulic Excavator
The Cat® 320 GC excavator balances productivity with easy-to-use technology features, a new comfortable cab, reduced fuel consumption by up to 20%, and longer maintenance intervals reducing maintenance ...
costs by up to 15% to bring you a durable, low-cost-per-hour excavator for light- to medium-duty applications.
- Engine Model
- Cat C4.4 ACERT
- Net Flywheel Power
- Engine RPM - Operation
- Engine RPM - Travel
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Maximum Drawbar Pull
- Maximum Travel Speed
- Maximum Gradeability
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 86.6gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 6.6gal (US)
- Engine Oil
- 4gal (US)
- Final Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- Hydraulic System - Including Tank
- 61.8gal (US)
- Hydraulic Tank
- 30.4gal (US)
- Swing Drive - Each
- 1.3gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 10.3gal (US)
Working Ranges - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Stick Digging Force (ISO)
- Maximum Loading Height
- Maximum Digging Depth
- Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8'0") Level Bottom
- Maximum Cutting Height
- Maximum Reach - Ground Level
- Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth
- Minimum Loading Height
- Bucket Digging Force (SAE)
- Bucket Digging Force (ISO)
- Stick Digging Force (SAE)
- Note (2)
- Standard Undercarriage, Reach Boom, R 2.9 (9'6")Stick, HD 1.0 m3 (1.31yd3 ) bucket and 700mm(28 ") TG shoes, Counterweight (4.2mt / 9,260lb)
- Operating Weight - North America
- Note (1)
- Standard Undercarriage, Reach Boom, R 2.9 (9'6")Stick, HD 1.0 m3 (1.31yd3 ) bucket and 790mm(31 ") TG shoes, Counterweight (4.2mt / 9,260lb)
- Operating Weight - Europe
Dimensions - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Tail Swing Radius
- Ground Clearance
Dimensions - Reach Boom - 5.7 m (18'8"); R2.9 (9'6") Stick
- Transport Width - 790 mm (31 in) Shoes
- Track Length - Center of Rollers
- Track Gauge
- Shipping Length
- Shipping Height
- With HD 1.0m3 bucket and 790 mm shoes.
- Counterweight Clearance
- Maximum Pressure - Travel
- Maximum Pressure - Swing
- Main System - Maximum Flow - Total
- Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Normal
- Swing Speed
- Maximum Swing Torque
High Performance with Lower Fuel Consumption
- Use up to 20% less fuel than the 320F excavators.
- Match the excavator to the job using power modes including new Smart Mode that automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Your joystick commands adjust pump flow based on valve priority putting hydraulic pressure and flow where it needs to go giving you improved fast light-to-medium load cycle times.
- The electronically controlled, turbocharged engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emissions standards using a transparent aftertreatment system that requires no operator input or downtime.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don't let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 125 º F (52º C) and cold start capability of 0º F (-18º C). An optional -25º F (-32º C) cold start package is available .
- Work up to 9,480 feet (3000 meters) above sea level without de-rating.
- Track your performance through standard Product Link that provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes and other machine data on demand through VisionLink ® online interface.
Reliable, High and Low, Heat and Cold
- Work up to 3000 m (9,840 ft) above sea level without de-rating.
- Standard high-ambient temperature capability is 52º C (125º F) with cold start capability at –32º C (–25º F).
- Auto warm up speeds up hydraulic oil warming in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Three levels of fuel filtration protect the engine from dirty diesel fuel.
- Grease sealed between track pins and bushings reduces travel noise and prevents debris from entering to increase undercarriage life.
- The center track guiding guard helps keep the excavator track aligned when traveling and working on slopes.
- The sloped track frame prevents mud and debris accumulation, helping reduce risk of track damage.
Work in Comfort in the All-New Cab
- The Comfort cab has a wide seat that adjusts for operators of all sizes. • Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls all located in front of you.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature all shift long.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50 percent over previous excavator models.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect to personal devices.
Simple to Operate
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program each joystick button, including response and pattern, using Operator ID; it will also remember climate control fan and radio settings.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 203 mm (8 in) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- Expect up to 15 percent less maintenance cost than the 320E. (Savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours.)
- Do all daily maintenance at ground level.
- Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new ground-level engine oil dipstick; fill and check engine oil on top of the machine with a conveniently located second dipstick.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Do no required maintenance on the Cat Clean Emissions Module.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 500 hours.
- Expect the new air intake filter with pre-cleaner to last up to 1,000 hours – a 100 percent increase over the previous filter.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000-hour replacement interval – 50 percent longer than previous filter designs.
- The new high-effi ciency electric cooling fans only run when needed and reverse to keep cores free from debris.
- S·O·SSM ports simplify maintenance and allow for quick, easy extraction of samples for fluid analysis.
- Access 100 percent of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the excavator.
- Keep your excavator secure with Operator ID. Use your PIN code on the monitor to enable the pushbutton starting feature.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab posts and larger windows.
- A rearview camera is standard, and a right-side-view camera is optional.
- The new right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
- The handrails comply with ISO 2867:2011 requirements.
- The lower frame meets ISO 15818:2017 lifting and tie-down requirements.
- Hydraulic System
- Hammer return filter circuit
- Combined flow/high pressure aux circuit
- Simplified combined Circuit (2 Way)
- Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber
- Slider joysticks
- Smart boom (Europe only)
- Electrical System
- LED chassis light, LH & RH boom lights for reach, cab lights- 850 lumens
- Standard Comfort Cab
- Roller rear suncreen
- Safety & Security
- Radiator screen
- RH side mirror for use with RH sideview camera or 360° visibility (Europe)
- Heavy duty buckets 1.0m3(1.31yd3)