CP44B Vibratory Soil Compactor
to compacting sub-bases for parking lots or roadways and is ideal for water and sewer trench work.
- Operating Weight - With Cab
- Weight - Drum with ROPS/FOPS
- Weight - Drum with Cab
- Operating Weight - With ROPS/FOPS
- Compaction Width
- Travel Speed - Maximum
- Ground Clearance
- Turning Radius - Inside Drum Edge
- Gross Power
- Engine Model
- Cat C3.4B
- Nominal Amplitude - Low
- Nominal Amplitude - High
- Centrifugal Force - Maximum
- Centrifugal Force - Minimum
- Vibratory Frequency - Standard
- Variable Frequency Option Range
- 23.3-31.9 Hz (1400-1914 vpm)
- Wheel Base
- Overall Width
- Overall Length
- Drum Width
- Drum Diameter - Over Pads
- Height - With ROPS/FOPS or Cab
- Optional Blade Height
- Overall Length - With Blade Option
- Overall Width - With Blade Option
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 40gal (US)
- 14.9 × 24 8-ply traction
- Pod-style Weight Housing
The pod-style weight housing is assembled and sealed at the factory to ensure cleanliness, longer bearing life and easier field exchange or service.
- Dual Amplitude
The dual amplitude works efficiently in a wider range of applications. Selection is controlled from the operator's station.
- Vibratory Frequency
The CP44B has a vibratory frequency of 31.9 Hz (1914 vpm) for maximum compaction results. An optional variable frequency control allows frequency to be better matched to varying job conditions.
- Large Heavy-duty Bearings
Large heavy-duty bearings for the eccentric weight shaft allow higher frequency for greater force.
- 3 year/3000 hour
The 3 year/3000 hour vibratory bearing lube service interval reduces maintenance.
- Isolation Mounts
The heavy-duty isolation mounts on the CP44B allow more force to be transmitted to the ground and less vibration to the drum yoke.
Comfortable and Ergonomic Operator Station
- The steering console features an LCD display. The display provides diagnostics and additional data to the operator. Machines that are equipped with Cat Compaction Control output compaction measurements to the display as well.
- A multi-position steering wheel adjusts for comfort. An adjustable vinyl seat with seat belt is comfortable and keeps controls and operating information within easy reach. The 12-volt adapter provides power for personal electronic devices. A floor mat reduces vibrations. Cup holders are provided on the steering column. Large mirrors provide excellent views to the rear of the machine.
- The operator is provided with excellent visibility to the front, drum edges rear tire edges and rear of machine enhancing safety and production. Optional mirrors provide enhanced visibility to the rear.
Easy to Service
- Design provides ground level access to all service and maintenance points.
- Long service intervals contribute to more productivity and lower owning and operating costs. The vibratory system scheduled oil change interval is 3 years/3,000 hours. The hydraulic oil service interval is 3,000 hours. Engine oil service is every 500 hours.
- The Vibratory Soil Compactor features a Cat engine that offers enhanced efficiency, better serviceability, ample power, and less noise.
Reliable Vibratory System
- The vibratory soil compactors deliver excellent compaction performance due to high amplitude and static linear load.
- The vibratory soil compactor utilizes the proven Cat pod-style vibratory system. The system design significantly reduces the risk of contamination common to conventional designs that employ metal weights. Providing unrivaled reliability and performance, the Cat pod-style vibratory system is virtually maintenance free, with the first scheduled maintenance period at 3 years or 3,000 hours.
- An automatic vibration function provides consistency for more uniform compaction. When vibration is engaged, vibration will cease as the compactor slows beneath a predetermined speed. When propel resumes, vibration recommences at a predetermined speed. This feature contributes to uniform, high-quality work.
Proprietary Eccentric Weights
- Positive Amplitude Selection
Positive amplitude selection is accomplished when the spherical steel shot is repositioned inside the hollow eccentric weight. Direction of weight shaft rotation determines amplitude level.
- Simplified Control
Control is simplified from the operator's station with a selection switch on the operator's console.
The proprietary eccentric weights offer high reliability since there is no chance of the high-strength spherical steel shot welding together. System reliability is superior to swinging mechanical weights and is also quieter during starts and stops.
- Service Life
The proprietary eccentric weights offer long service life. There are no heavy weights to slam together and no metal fragments to contaminate the bearing lubrication system.
Cat® C3.4B Engine
- Engine Certified to Meet Emission Standards
The C3.4B engine is certified to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and European EU Stage IV emission standards.
When engaged, Eco-mode reduces the operating speed of the engine to a lower rate, which reduces fuel consumption. Eco-mode is suitable for most normal applications. When more engine power is required, Eco-mode can be disabled.
Dual Pump Propel System
- Dual Propel Pumps
The dual propel pumps provide separate, balanced flow to the rear wheel axle and the drum drive motors. Provides high gradeability and increases tractive effort in loose or poor underfoot conditions.
- Limited Slip Differential
The limited slip differential provides balanced tractive effort and smooth torque transfer to both rear wheels.
- Two Speed Ranges
The dual pump propel system offers two speed ranges for versatile operation. Low speed range for vibratory operation and maximum torque when climbing grades. High speed range moves the machine quickly over longer distances.
- Flushing Valves
Flushing valves in each propel circuit help keep hydraulic oil cool and clean for maximum system efficiency.
Gradeability and Machine Control
- Two Propel Pump System
The two propel pump system has dedicated pumps to drive the heavy-duty, high-torque rear wheel and drum motors independently. Should the drum or wheels begin to spin, there is always hydraulic flow to the non-spinning motor, allowing continuous tractive effort. This is especially useful in loose underfoot conditions.
Controllability is another feature of dual propel pumps. The operator is able to stop, maintain machine position and change directions while on a grade.
The CP44B provides high productivity when working on more demanding grades. These machines are very effective in trench applications.
Open Platform with ROPS/FOPS Canopy
- Working Environment
The open platform of the CP44B offers a spacious and comfortable working environment with all controls, levers, switches and gauges positioned to maximize productivity.
The open platform offers unrestricted visibility to the drum and tire edge and to the side and rear of the machine.
- Handrails and Foot Rests
The platform is enclosed by handrails and features foot rests for sure footing and support when working on a grade.
- Standard Equipment
Standard equipment includes a rotating, adjustable seat with integrated operators console and LCD display, two front-facing and two rear-facing working lights, handrails with footrests, a lockable vandalism guard and a rear view mirror.
- Steering Console
The steering console is adjustable within the tilt range to the desired position of the operator or for simple entrance and exit. Integrated cupholders provide a convenient and secure place to put beverage containers.
- Operator'c Console with Integrated LCD Display
The operator's console is integrated with the operator's seat. The console includes a control keypad that is backlit to enable low light operation. The console also houses the propel lever and an integrated LCD display that functions as a gauge cluster as well as a diagnostics center.
- Single Lever Control
Single lever control for propel and vibratory On/Off provides simple and low effort operation.
The comfortable and durable seat has adjustable fore/aft position, bottom cushion height, suspension stiffness. The seat rotates to the right 20 degrees from center to provide greater comfort during operation. The seat is equipped with a seat belt.
- Isolated Operator's Station
The operator's station is isolated with heavy-duty rubber mounts reducing machine vibration transmitted to the operator.
- Floor Mat
A floor mat helps further isolate the operator from machine vibration and noise.
- Cab Environment
The cab is a spacious and comfortable work environment that includes large windows, more interior room with storage areas, a cup holder, enhanced ergonomics and low noise levels.
- Full-length Glass Windshield
The full-length glass windshield provides exceptional visibility to the drum and optional leveling blade.
- Mirrors and Lights
Included with the cab are two exterior rear view mirrors, and front and rear working lights.
- Windshield Wipers
Windshield wipers on the front and rear windows allow good vision in adverse conditions.
- Side Windows
Side windows open for cross ventilation.
- Climate Control
The cab is climate controlled with standard heater/defroster and available air conditioning to keep the working environment comfortable.
Leveling Blade (Optional)
- Expands Versatility and Utilization
The leveling blade expands the machines versatility and utilization for use in material knockdown, site leveling, trench backfilling and light dozing.
- Blade Control
Leveling blade control is controlled by the operator's right foot to provide simple, one-handed operation of machine propel, steering and blade functions simultaneously.
- Power and Tractive Efforct
The dual propel pumps provide plenty of power and tractive effort for effective blade use without drum spin.
No special permits are required for transporting with a blade width of 2.12 m (6' 11").
- Cutting Edges
Two-piece reversible and replaceable cutting edges increase edge service life and reduce replacement costs.
- High Mounting Point
The high mounting point provides superior curb and obstruction clearance.
- Visual Indicator
A visual indicators allows easy check of the hydraulic oil tank level.
- Air Restriction Sensor
Sensors detect when air restriction occurs and alerts the operator via the LCD display on the operator's console.
- Rear Mounted Cooling System
The rear mounted cooling system provides easy access for cleaning. The hydraulic oil cooler tilts rearward for additional access to the radiator.
- Sealed-for-life Bearings
Sealed-for-life bearings in the articulation hitch never need to be greased.
- 500 hour engine oil change interval.
500 hour engine oil change interval.
- Vibratory System Lubrication Service
A 3 year/3000 hour vibratory bearing lube service interval reduces maintenance.
- Hydraulic System Oil Service
A 3 year/3000 hour Hydraulic System oil service interval reduces maintenance.
- Quick Connect Hydraulic Test Ports
Quick connect hydraulic test ports simplify system diagnostics.
- Ecology Drains
Provide a method to drain fluids that is more environmentally safe. They are included on the radiator, engine oil pan, hydraulic tank and fuel tank.
- S•O•S (Scheduled Oil Sampling) ports
S•O•S ports allow for simple fluid collection of engine oil, engine coolant and hydraulic oil.
- Secure Hose Routing
Hose routing is secured with polyethylene routing blocks to reduce rubbing and increase service life.
- Electrical System Integrity
Nylon braided wrap and all-weather connectors ensure electrical system integrity. Electrical wiring is color-coded, numbered and labeled with component identifiers to simplify troubleshooting.
- Maintenance-free Cat Batteries
Maintenance-free Cat batteries are mounted in the rear of the machine and are protected by the engine hood. Cat batteries are specifically designed for maximum cranking power and protection against vibration.
- Product Link Wire-ready
The CP44B is Product Link wire-ready. Product Link System ensures maximum uptime and minimum repair costs by simplifying tracking of equipment fleets. The system provides automatic machine location and hour updates. The system can be obtained through your local Cat dealer.