CB16 Tandem Vibratory Roller
The CB16 is a 16 metric ton vibratory compactor equipped with 2130 mm (84”) drums. This high production model delivers excellent mat density, good visibility and comfort, fuel efficiency with ...
Eco-mode, and an industry leading water spray system. This model can be equipped with Cat Compaction Control that provides temperature mapping and pass-count mapping as well as "Machine to Machine" communication for more efficient performance.
- Standard - Operating Weight
- Static Linear Load
- Maximum Operating Weight
- Standard Compaction Width
- Curb Clearance
- Ground Clearance
- Drum Offset
- Maximum Compaction Width
- Gross Power
- Engine Model
- Cat??_??__??_??__ C4.4 with ACERT Technology
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 66gal (US)
- Water Spray Tank Capacity
- 264gal (US)
- Vibration Selection
- Independent per drum, front only, rear only, both
- Maximum Amplitude
- Minimum Amplitude
- Centrifugal Force per Drum - Minimum
- Maximum Frequency
- Centrifugal Force per Drum - Maximum
- Minimum Frequency
- Overall Length
- Wheel Base
- Height - With ROPS/FOPS
- Overall Width
Exceptional Visibility and Control
- Machine controls and the LCD display are integrated with the pivoting adjustable seat, and move with the operator.
- The multi-function propel lever with integrated controls for water spray on/off, drum offset, vibratory control, and optional edge cutter height adjustment enables the operator to work with confidence.
- The back-lit LCD display includes machine data and diagnostics. It is integrated with the seat, so it remains in the same position even as the seat pivots. A built-in lockable anti-vandalism cover offers protection. The display provides multiple language options, split-screen capability, and indicators for ground speed, vibrations per minute, and fuel level.
- The console is integrated with the seat, providing fingertip access. Soft keys with tactile feel provide instant feedback to the operator for intuitive operation. The armrests are adjustable and can be tailored to the operator for additional comfort.
- Seating options include vinyl for open-platform configurations and cloth for cab, both can be equipped with a heated option. An optional deluxe highback air-ride seat is also available.
- Other comfort features include a vibration-absorbing floor mat, 12-volt power receptacle that supports communication devices, wide-width seat belt, cup holders and a lockable storage compartment.
- Multiple vibratory system options help fine-tune performance on thick challenging lifts.
- Automatic speed controlmakes it easier to maintain consistency and impact spacing requirements.
- Auto-vibe helps prevent over-compaction and contributeto more uniform compaction.
- Oscillatory Vibration combines standard vertical vibration on the front drum with oscillation technology on the rear drum. The oscillation system performs effectively on thin lifts and near sensitive structures such as buildings, bridge decks, and over underground utilities.
- Two Amplitude, Two Frequency vibratory system can be tailored to thin and thick lifts with the flip of a switch. It automatically matches amplitude and frequency for excellent versatility.
- The five amplitude system is a heavy hitter for thick lifts and tough mix designs. It utilizes a single frequency and five amplitudes that can easily be fine-tuned to match application requirements.
- Versa Vibe vibratory system can be tailored to thin and thick lifts. Four amplitudes and two frequencies offer a 2 in 1 machine that provides excellent versatility.
- The C4.4 engine provides 106 kW (142 hp) of power and meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emissions. It features an electronic control module (ECM), providing optimal performance through precisely synchronized timing and fuel delivery.
- An ECM enables advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities using Electronic Technician (Cat ET).
- Cat dealers are the single-source providers of all machine and engine warranty service (a Cat exclusive).
- The large capacity cooling system keeps the operating temperatures low, even in extreme conditions. The high capacity fan directs warm air away from the operator for a more comfortable operating environment.
Compaction Control Technology
- Pass-count mapping helps operators achieve target density and increase roller efficiency. The system records and monitors pass patterns in order to display coverage. The system also helps operators optimize drum overlap, simplify nighttime operation, eliminate second guessing and prevent incomplete passes such as stopping short.
- Temperature mapping provides a visual readout of mat temperature in order to keep the machine in the proper temperature range. The system records and monitors temperature for future analysis of the proper temperature range.
- Dual infra-red sensors mounted on the front and rear of the machine deliver real-time readings that keep the operator informed of when to begin rolling and when to stop. This system helps operators avoid tender-zones that often occur in the 104°_-110°_ C (219°_-230°_ F) temperature range.
- Compaction Meter Value (CMV) technology utilizes a drum mounted accelerometer to measure and record forces of the vibrating drum.
- Machine to Machine communication helps improve job site efficiency by enabling operators to view rolling patterns of other machines on the job site. It helps operators pickup where other compactors left off in their rolling pattern. The system is also a difference maker in nighttime operation due to the difficulties associated with low light conditions.
360_ Rotating Seat
Accelerometer Ready Kit
Air Suspension Seat w/heat
Cat Compaction Control
Freeze Protection Kit
Halogen Lights with Drum Edge Lighting
High Intensity Discharge Lights
Oscillatory Vibration System
Premium Water Spray Nozzles
Two Amplitude/Two Frequency Viratory System
Versa Vibe Vibratory System
Water Distribution Mats - Cocoa/Rubber