725C2 Articulated Truck
The Cat 725C2, with a 15 m3 (19.6 yd3) 24 tonnes (26.5 tons) capacity, offers proven reliability, durability, high productivity, superior operator comfort and lower operating costs. Updating the 725C ...
to include all axle enclosed wet brakes and Automatic Traction Control makes the 725C2 the best option for our customers. Class leading levels of performance and operator comfort make for a productive machine all day long.
- Engine Model
- Cat C9.3
- No Engine De-rating Below
- Net Power - ISO 14396
- Engine Model - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV
- Cat® C9.3
- Note (4)
- DEF used in Cat SCR systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241-1. ISO 22241-1 requirements are met by many brands of DEF, including those that carry the AdBlue or API certificatio
- Note (3)
- Net power when the fan is at maximum speed is 214 kW (287 hp) per the SAE reference conditions.
- Note (2)
- The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, muffler and fan at minimum speed.
- Note (1)
- The power ratings apply at rated speed of 1,800 rpm when tested under the conditions for the specified standard.
- The reference to Tier 4 Final/Stage IV includes U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), as well as Korea Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)
- Net Power - SAE J1349
- Gross Power - SAE J1995
- Peak Engine Torque Speed
- Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349)
- Rated Payload
- 26.5ton (US)
- Heaped (SAE 2:1)
- Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1
- Tailgate Struck
- Forward - 1
- Forward - 2
- Forward - 3
- Forward - 4
- Forward - 5
- Forward - 6
- Reverse - 1
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 108.8gal (US)
- Cooling System
- 21.9gal (US)
- Hydraulic System
- 29.1gal (US)
- Engine Crankcase
- 10gal (US)
- 12.4gal (US)
- Final Drives/Differential
- 33gal (US)
- Output Transfer Gear Box
- 6.3gal (US)
- DEF Tank
- 5.3gal (US)
- Interior Cab
- Note (2)
- Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in noisy environments.
- Note (1)
- The operator sound exposure Leq (equivalent sound pressure level) measured according to the work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98 is 76 dB(A), for the cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with the
- Raise Time
- Lower Time
- ISO 3450 – 2011
- Cab - FOPS
- ISO 3449 Level II – 2005
- Cab - ROPS
- ISO 3471 – 2008
- ISO 5010 – 2007
- Center Axle - Empty
- Rear Axle - Empty
- Total - Empty
- Front Axle - Rated Load
- Rear Axle - Rated Load
- Total - Rated Load
- Center Axle - Loaded
- Rear Axle - Loaded
- Total - Loaded
- Front Axle - Loaded
- Front Axle - Empty
- Center Axle - Rated Load
- Lock to Lock
- 4.75 seconds @ 60 rpm
- Dimensions are for machines equipped with 23.5R25 tires.
- Turning Dimensions - Aisle Width
- Turning Dimensions - Clearance Radius
- Turning Dimensions - SAE Turning Radius
- Turning Dimensions - Steer Angle - Left/Right
- Turning Dimensions - Inside Radius
- High strength Brinell HB450 wear resistant steel
- Every Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Cat engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized impact of emission systems: designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Delivering better fuel economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
- Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
- All Cat engines feature innovative air-management systems that optimize airflow and enhance power, efficiency and reliability.
- The Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS) captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
- Cat engines equipped with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system inject Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into the exhaust to reduce NOx emissions. DEF is a precisely mixed solution of 32.5 percent high purity chemical grade urea and 67.5 percent de-ionized water.
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) engages inter and cross-axle differential locks on-the-go giving the operator optimum traction as conditions change.
- Clutches release automatically to avoid conflict during tight turns.
- ATC reduces tire and driveline wear, eliminating lost efficiency that can occur with improper manual operation.
- Regeneration system provides on-the-go regeneration when conditions are right and low idle regeneration. Operator can initiate manual regeneration by stopping the machine and pressing the regeneration switch.
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION
- All three axles promote stability using oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods. Operate at productive speeds with confidence while virtually eliminating impact loads on truck components.
- The front suspension oscillates ±6° controlled by large-bore, low-pressure cylinders to assist in a smooth ride.
- The rear suspension features a walking beam and long-life suspension mounts optimizing ride and load retention.
- New fully enclosed wet disc brake systems inside of axles keeps contaminants out extending machine life and ensuring uptime.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL
- Spacious cab delivers comfort all shift long.
- Trainer/passenger seat is fully padded with wide, retractable seat belt for security and comfort.
- Storage area behind the operator is larger with easier access.
- Air-suspension seat offers greater comfort, adjustable damping and ride zone indicator. Fully adjustable allowing the optimal operating position.
- Standard cooling/heating system ensures comfort in all conditions.
- Optional four-point seat belt is available to help operator stay in position and comfortable in rugged terrain.
- Integrated, wrap-around dash means all gauges and controls are easy to monitor and access. Automotive feel with Caterpillar's renowned industrial strength.
- Color display panel provides performance and condition pages, and includes video feed from the rearview camera and machine payload (when fitted).
- Optional Bluetooth™ entertainment system allows operator to stay in hands-free phone contact.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Box section front and rear frames absorb stress loads and optimize suspension geometry.
- Dump body design provides a large target area for consistent high-load carrying capacity increasing productivity.
- Output transfer gear distributes power to tractor and trailer for optimum traction. Wet clutch ensures longevity.
- Dual -circuit, all-wheel braking system uses full-power hydraulic system actuating enclosed, oil immersed, multi-disc brakes. Independent front and rear circuits and accumulators deliver smooth control.
- Center axle parking brake is elevated away from damage. Spring applied with hydraulic release.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Product Link™ connects owners to their equipment, providing access to machine data such as location, hours, fuel consumption, idle time and events, and diagnostic codes.
BECAUSE UPTIME COUNTS
- Caterpillar design, manufacturing and customer service help ensure peak performance and uptime.
- Long service intervals keep your machine operating.
- Lubrication points are grouped near the hitch for fast, easy routine maintenance.
- Universal joints are sealed and lubed for long life.
- Optional Autolube system saves time and includes alerts via Product Link for low levels and fault codes.
- Radiator package is located behind the cab for protection and uses extended-life coolant to stretch change intervals.
- Electrical Service Center is located inside the cab and provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector for use with Electronic Technician (ET) software-equipped laptop computer.
- Easy access to transmission, drive shafts, hydraulic pumps and electrical and hydraulic interfaces provided with tilt-to-side cab and access panel.
- Service points are conveniently located on the left side of the engine, under the electrically raised hood.
MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- Caterpillar designs and functions with great concern for the environment.
- Cat C9.3 engine incorporates the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards. The system uses both Ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or up to B20 bio-diesel blended with ULSD.
- All Cat C Series Articulated Trucks are designed for long lifecycles with machines using reman components and machine rebuilds to maximize use of every part, minimizing waste.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Standard Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Object Protection System (FOPS) protect operators.
- The 725C2 includes a rearview camera system which provides a continuous panoramic rear view, or activates only when reverse gear is selected.
- Secondary and parking brake functions are spring applied/hydraulically released for an extra measure of safe operation.
- Systems allow shutdown and prohibit start-up from ground level. Includes external engine fuel cut-off and electrical system disconnect.
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed maintaining full steering control.
- Punched steel, slip resistant walkways work with extensive handrails and internal/external grab handles enhancing access/egress safety.
- 75 mm (3 in) wide seat belts keep operator and passenger safely in place.
- Visibility is optimized with sweeping hood design and wide angled mirrors.
- Alarms notify operator when body is in raised position and when reverse gear is selected.
- Maximum speed limiter can be set as conditions require.
- Locking pin can be engaged when dump body is raised for inspection and maintenance.
- Dashboard Liquid Crystal Display (lcd):
- Alert indicator, selected gear and direction, speed or auto shift, review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM), primary steering failure, seat belt warning, secondary steering failure, Machine Security System (MSS), secondary steering energy source engaged, hour meter and retarder active
- Machine Operation Monitoring System Includes:
- Action lamp, engine oil pressure, primary steering system, left turn signal, high beam, coolant temperature, tachometer, parking brake, fuel level, right turn signal, transmission oil temperature, brake system, transmission hold, hoist control, hydraulic system, charging system, retarder, transmission fault, traction control system, check engine lamp